1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Boss/Field Boss GamezBD special?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Oct 28, 2021.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I was just wondering;

What if, GamezBD adds Special Content to existing Bosses?

For instance: Leaving the Spawned Bosses in the game-world Until they are defeated? So, an example would be, that Nouver spawns in the desert on channel 3, but no one goes to it when it spawns, and then after an hour or so, one or two players get there, and instead of it being despawned or gone already, it will Still be there, and it will stay there until some players kill it.

Meaning that the world-bosses and field-bosses, are no longer bound to one specific time a day, but that they will stay there until defeated, and then they will respawn at the usual timed spawning. If a boss spawns every 4-6 hours, then the defeated boss will respawn after that time length.

Please add more examples of possible GamezBD Boss Specials to this thread :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Not a bad suggestion, but with a big impact. I would say it's a lot work to change a core feature of the game, which we already know our Devs don't do.

3. loboram

That might be true, I really do not know, however it might be just altering a timer in the spawning/despawning "settings". But yeah, I do understand that changing something like this, might be considered a Major change to the core-game mechanics, which the management of GamezBD have said, on several occasions, that they were against doing.

4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I can only imagine the bugs we might encounter with a change like that... I had write about it on my first reply, but I choose to keep the answer simple.
    Yeah, perhaps could be a simple timer edit, but one that would impact every boss present in the game. I believe that the despawn mechanic is the same for every boss, so if we simple changed the time, it would affect every boss, like guild bosses. Imagine a guild that summons Khan and can't kill it? Khan would be stuck there untill server restart and no other guild would be able to summon another Khan on the same channel. That alone would bring the need of changing the code or applying new ones. More work to change something that was working as intended. ><

loboram likes this.
  5. loboram

AAAH! True, I had Not considered Guild boss summonings, but then I thought that the world/field bosses had a category for themselves, and all summoned bosses had another...it would be how I would have coded it anyway :D

6. loboram

(https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/world-boss-field-boss-attendance-possible-solution.239040/)

This is a really good suggestion to add to the GamezBD World/Field Boss specials.