1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Season] Lv. 30: Leveling Aid box not opening, can't complete pre-reqs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by LokiX, Nov 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokiX

LokiX New Member

Bug Name:
    [Season] Lv. 30: Leveling Aid box not opening, can't complete pre-reqs
    Bug Description:
    Starting in New Winter area on the Everfrost quest chain appears to lock you out of 2 of the quests in Balenos area, and the third "Fughar's Memorandum, Chapter 2" will not trigger making it impossible for a character to open the level 30 leveling aid box
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Start a Season Character in winter area, level to 30, finish the Everfrost questline, check for all three quests, no way to complete or trigger each of them. No way to open LV. 30 box and consequently missing the rewards for that and later boxes (Character this is happened on is lvl 60 currently.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Sigyn likes this.
  2. LokiX

LokiX New Member

I have essentially tried to figure out how to get this chest open for the better part of 4 days. Is there any point? Or is it that I simply should have known to not do the Everfrost questline in conjunction with the Season Character. I am not asking this to be rude as I love GamezBD, the server and all the fun I have had. But if this is not something fixable, I would prefer to graduate and move on with this or my other characters. If, however, this is something that can be solved I don't want to give up to easily. Can anyone provide guidance?

Sigyn likes this.
  3. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi, we now investigate it, hope fix to next maintance.

4. LokiX

LokiX New Member

Kolka and team, this may not be a bug (albeit it was very confusing) but after Magram responded to the other post here:
    Seasonal Leveling Aid Box and Frequent Disconnections Today 10/31 or 11/01 | Gamez Network Community Forum

I then finished my succession quest and was able to get "The start of an Adventure" quest and take it from there (Which confusingly starts you over in Balenos). This was specifically tied to the succession quest for my char which is where the confusion was.

To be specific, I was able to finish the Everfrost questline, get the introduction to Mediah from the end of that (did both days ago) then do the awakening quest (also done days ago) and finish the succession quest (the piece I did not do yet as this char is an Awakened Sorceress). Once I completed the Succession and finished that quest line, I got "The start of an Adventure" quest from the black spirit, then once I got to Alustin I picked the streamlined / simplified version, talked to the black spirit over and over and then chatted that I reached level till it was done (which was not an issue since I got to almost 66 trying to figure this out). That was not clear from the tooltips and other quests for me. But that was what I had to do to open the chests and complete the season.

Thanks again and hope you guys didn't dig into this too deep. The tooltip is a bit misleading, but this confusion is not our problem on GamezBD as that is just how the quest works in this build, I think. At any rate once I did the above, I was able to finish opening the chests. Hopefully my confusion helps others out there. As I could find no documentation or google foo to support this. But in the end that is what worked.

Thanks for all you guys do. Now to go graduate and play some of my other chars :-D
    P.S. My lovely wife SigynX kept thinking I had to do the Mediah quests and that might trigger it, but after doing some of the new area ones and it didn't work I gave up. How right she was, the only missing link was the not finishing both the awakening and succession quests to trigger the beginning quests.

5. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Ty for report. Winter Questline will be added to Aid Boxes with next server restart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.