1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A question about Boss gear.

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Wraithhunter, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Hello all! Recently I have acquired some "end-game" gear which is the boss gear. I was always wondering about this, what gear is better to use? I know people have said Dim Tree Spirit armor is better then Red Nose, but I am not sure, when I look at both stats they are exactly the same, even their defense. Same goes for Giath, Griffion, Leebur, Bheg, Musk, and Usk (I think Usk, I don't remember the other boss's boots name only the first 3 letters lol). So how is gear like Dim Tree and Giath better then Griffion and Red Nose?

Another question I have is when getting into boss gear what is better to get? What is more worth the silver to set up a good build? Like Giath -> Dim Tree -> Bheg -> Musk, or Griffion -> Red Nose -> Leebur -> Usk? (As well a mix like Giath with Red Nose etc). I guess too same applies for sub-gear like Kutum and Nouver, is having more AP better then having AP/DP for your sub-weapon? I know for the main/awakening Offin Tett or Blackstar is the way to go and Dande for your awakening but still.

2. Colilock

Colilock New Member

Dim Tree gives +200 HP compared to Red Nose, which gives a small amount of HP Recovery. That +200 hp is considered infinitely better and with out a doubt is better. That small HP recover is less than a potion and pretty much all classes have an HP regen skill that heals a lot more.

Giath and Griffon is more up to the individual. Giath has +100 HP, which is nice and shouldn't be ignored. Griffon has +5% to all resistances which is...okay?...but it has higher damage reduction. IMO: Giath is better. The damage reduction isn't that big of an amount and 5% resistance isn't all that needed.

Now, with Muskan, Urugon, Leebur, and Bhegs, It's about building damage reduction or evasion. Evasion, you get Muskan and Leebur. Damage reduction, Urugon and Bhegs.

For offhand, you want to get into the next bracket. The amount in parentheses next to your AP when you mouse over AP in your gear screen. Kutum is better. Nouver is only used to get into the next set of brackets at about 256 or so AP I think it is. Once you reach the god tier of 300+ AP, I feel Kutum is still better over Nouver due to the multiple stats it gives.

For mainhand, Blackstar is best for PvE, but for PvP, lv 20 caphra Kzarka is technically higher damage, not by much but still, and with current blackstar prices, cheaper. Dande is best awake, don't even look at Dragon Slayer.

3. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Oh I see, that makes sense now why there is a difference. I think I will save up for a Dim Tree Spirit Armor, and now see why Urugon is expensive lol, damage reduction is quiet nice. I already have Giath's Helm which is good, so now its just Dim Tree and of course deciding if I want Evasion, Musk/Leebur or Damage reduction Urgon/Bhegs. Thank you for these breakdowns really do appreciate it! Also that's good to know for Sub-weapon, many have told me AP is better then having Defense, but others have said the opposite. I think having AP/DP is better then just AP. The more DP you have the less damage you'll take, I've currently have around 245 DP so having Kutum would be better in that sense. While my AP is around 188 awakening, having that extra DP/AP as a Sub-weapon will be great.

I am not sure if I ever will get 300+ AP though lol, but still a nice goal to try for lol. And yea, I mean Blackstar on Gamez is HELL of a lot cheaper then on official, official prices are like 456 million compared to the 275 million here lol. I currently have a decent Dande Guardbrace, I think its DUO or TRI atm but no main-hand atm. I mostly use my Awakening so it's not that big of a problem. But with Striker succession I would like to switch back n' forth between both Succession and Awakening. So I might work on Blackstar (as in do the Rift story line) and get it that way.

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I will consider this answered and close the thread then :)