1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

About Drops / Enchanting

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoWeLL

PoWeLL Getting there

I think Gamez would be the best pvp server if it becomes into a retail like server, but having high rates and more pvp content than retail.

Its a shame Staff could make this happen, just fixing drops and some major bugs...

2. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

tsadaaaaaaaannnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I'm opposite of that. I'd like to see this private server change things to our liking. Why are we listening to some arrogant dickhead at NCSoft who doesn't give a shit about the game because he makes $600,000 a year?

4. nonoplow

nonoplow You Just Got Muffinized ! Forum Legend

Honestly I agree with them all, I feel really bad for new players, they level up, they do BT or DP to atleasthave gear, they wanna put manastones ohh no wait they can't there not VIP (drops are messed up) they don't have 3b kinah (for broker), they want to enchant their gear to be slightly better ohh wait they can't, enchant is messed up. I'm sorry but it's he'll for new players! Only way for them to survive is donate 100$ buy VIP and sell all your credits ohh wait but not everyone can afford to donate 100$!
    + the people who post ^ are right, all you want is money. People come to private server so that it's non-retail like or else they can just go retail and they save tons of $!
    All of this needs to change!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. PoWeLL

PoWeLL Getting there

Im sorry, but came 2 days before the drop and enchant rate changed. Yeah, im not full geared, but im working on it, right now I have full GPP jwls by doing pvp, now im trying to get the set. Kinah? I have my methods on broker to get kinah enough. Yes, droprate sux and enchant is not realy easy, but still playable. I have enchanted 2 eternal 55 weps to +15 and next week i will get my first ABG item. I will need to farm gold items on instances with my girlfriend a lot to get enchants, also i will have to buy some too.. but right now im pissed of more about geodata and those kind of things..

Of course i would like the staff to change the droprate (i dont realy care about enchant rate, if i can get lot of enchant stones by drop).

6. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

yay! now it gets harder for people to get +15 gears! yay!

no more noobs running around in zergs with +15 gears!

7. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Most people already have their gear, so it doesn't really affect them.

I'd like to see Carl and Evilset make a new character and try gearing it up. You'll both cry like your bully stole your lunch again at grade school.

8. EagleN

EagleN Expert

DP is working like retail.
    and AS too. i just did it last night. u need too kill all bosses and break all aether fragments to get Yamenes Painflare. it's really a pain. lol. and guess wut. those bosses have no drop. XD

i dont see any point of fixing Instances instead of other major pvp bugs. we r playing in a high rate pvp p.server. so ppl doesnt intend to PVE much. making a group of 10 VIP to to an instance like that is more harder than the instance itself. even tahabata items r rare now.

my point is just make instance, drop and enchantment easier. so the server could be more newbie-friendly.

9. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Yeah. While we were being told "skills are being fixed," "we're working on server transfers," "yadayadayada;" what's really been going on is Evilset spending unnecessary time modifying drop tables to bring in profit. Nobody admits to this because they like to suck up to Carl in appreciation of their GM status or for a chance to receive a free ABG set.

I can download a simple game core from a popular Aion Developing site, set up my own private server and have things running smoother and less-bugged than Gamez. That's ****ing sad.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  10. Phalcon

Phalcon Arrows all in ya a$$!!! Forum Legend

Bottom line is befoer they start adding new things maybe just maybe the devs might want to possibly fix the current issues. They want to make more money fine,they want to keep more players fine, they can do both by fixing the current in game issues. By fixing them they will make current players happy and attract new players which eventually everyone votes or donates because they want ABG gear. Everyone wins!!! Yay!!! No Evilset ..... GET CRACKIN'

11. gubben

gubben Getting there

Godsh its been like 2 weeks now and still no patch, no word of World drops if they gonna ever fix it,,

12. Yachiyo

Yachiyo Eustiana Von Astraea

Since majority of the people are geared, and only trading pande/sanctum. So I doubt that it would be fixed SOONER.

Really sad for new players, but it needs time to rose up.

13. Shunko

Shunko Expert

Money wise i don't think having low enchant rates helps them much. I know people that aren't buying new items simpely because they don't want to enchant it.

14. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

I have no problems about quest, skills, mobs and all working like Retail. That to me is perfectly fine, however my problem is like everyone else. This is a High-Rate server and as such, should start acting like one. Having your character leveling up faster then in retail does not make this a high-rate server.

The drops at this point are horrendous, and their really is no excuse for that when it's been like this for weeks. Not just one week, but over 3+ weeks now that the drops have been terrible. The facet of drop-rates on a high-rate server shouldn't be retail like because we are on high-rate for the reason that it should be much easier and more lenient to obtain items/crafting materials/weapons/armors that otherwise would take 5 centuries to get on retail.

Believe me, I know, for my legion and I within retail used to hunt Bosses 24/7 everyday due to lack of terrible drop rates on retail.

Other dungeons such as BT are working more retail like (meaning quest, killing all the bosses etc), but the drops still aren't even fixed. Ask yourself what is the point of killing Stormwing if it won't properly have its items drop? This has been something that has been advocated by me and 100+ others on this forum since the day BT was introduced over 4+ months ago. Simply no excuses.

My friend and I tried to farm a specific mob that was supposed to drop a Pacification item in the hopes of using it to extract enchantment stones, and yet even after completely clearing the entire area of that particular mob, we didn't even get One piece of that Pacification item, but prior to the drop rate fail I was able to get a good consistent amount.

If all of this is some kind of ploy to get players to donate, then to all of the higher staff members, you simply couldn't be more far from the truth. Although "donations" isn't the topic thread, I have a feeling that the terrible drop rates, terrible enchant rates, lack of accessible dropping armor, and making almost all armor/weapons that do drop untradeable unless you are VIP are all ploys related into forcing more players into donating.

However the statements below is what you should do if you want more people to donate...

- You Get more players to donate if you have first a properly working server.

- You get more players to donate if you drop the Cost of your items ($125 USD for a 5-piece Tac set is Lol, and if you buy the accessories along with that, the cost ranges up to nearly equal to or greater then that of a cost to buy one of the New Generation Console systems).

- By lowering the cost (say $10 USD for the top items instead of the $20 USD or the outrageous $25) you would not only reach out to a larger consumer group, but in part you would be making just as much money, if not even more so and with a greater amount of consistency.

- With that, do special sales for instance "Buy Two Armor Sets, and You can get One Accessory piece of your choice for Free!"

If you tried a few of those mentioned or all of the above you would see an immediate greater volume of donations, which is a Win, Win situation. At this point, may the hand of greed continue to run its poison then.

Back on topic, things need to seriously change for Gamez, because if nothing is going to be done then you'll also eventually lose the veteran players of Gamez (which is already occuring) who has supported this server, and when that starts to happen on a greater volume then that will lead to a point of no return. Things like drop rates, enchantment rates, etc, etc should not be bugged for weeks on end, because as soon as they were found, they should've been corrected to have a higher frequency and not left abandoned the way it has been.

It's not just items to extract into enchantments, but also crafting mats as well. I mean seeing things like 1 burning balaur piece running for 10m is laughable when I need hundreds of it, but I also can't farm correctly even with VIP access.

Yet with all of the complaints and still no fix, I'm not surprised for this is the same server that took over 4 months after I first came into Gamez to finally implement Alliance and have it working properly. This Aion server has tremendous potential, but due to lack of care, greed and all, it will never reach that potential, unless those at the head start taking more consistent and appropriate action.

Btw, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the things that occurs in Gamez, but the terrible things are so terrible that it makes it impossible to see the redeeming factors.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    5 people like this.
  15. AlexTech

AlexTech New Member

Try not Writing this much because the Head's Head is actually empty and they forget what they read after the 3rd line. You are right, but you are nobody to change that, nobody is. If there would be one, things woulda been changes already.

16. gubben

gubben Getting there

Seriously this has gone way to far Cant we get any word on Whats going on is there a fix on the way? and how soon ??

its getting to the point that not only new players are leaving but old ones to...
    I mean come on u cant get any good armor in game so u have to donate and if u donate and buy armor u cant get it to 15 so there is no point in donating and buying stuff, OH and on top of it all U cant trade ur armor for 15 armor becose it might dissapear tomorrow and AM's arent refunding it....

i mean like seriously its annoying, if this the way u guys are tryn to PUSH people away from gamez' u have 100% sucess atm,....

It is worse now then EVER, feels like hackers are ruling the game atm and ruining totally economy!

17. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I was thinking the same thing. I PM'd Alente so maybe he'll drop by and give us some news.

18. EagleN

EagleN Expert

having full inventory of green enchant stones now is like having full of white stones in the late of 1.9 LOL. love the way u fail
    early of 1.9, we only needed L55 -60 to enchant ABG gears
    late of 1.9 - 2.0, we needed L61 - 70 (blue)
    2.1 - 2.5, we needed L70+ and some L90s (green)
    2.6, now we need black stone.:D

19. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Those posting walls of text will have to forgive me for skim-reading but it seems fairly safe to assume the general theme here.

As far as drops are concerned there are obviously some issues with instance loot, a subject which has been raised internally and is being inspected. The drop tables themselves seem to largely be correct, there's simply an error when it comes to particular instances.

We are also having world drops recoded from the ground up which, when completed, will make significant contributions towards the scope of items available without us needing to manually add every little thing to every little mob. We do not have an immediate ETA to give on that however.

As far as enchantment is concerned there has been a relatively recent mechanic change in regards to enchantment supplements which is likely a significant contributor to lower success rates, rates which are (arguably) far closer to retail than we're all used to but nonetheless I personally disagree with its implementation. Due to this I've spoken to the devs to have the change reverted and hopefully we should see that in the next content update.

Server transfers are also well on their way, and we are well aware of the delay in their implementation, which should be coming through the pipeline pretty soon with our next update.

The next content update will address several rather frustrating issues along with some good implementations, I'm looking at you Character Transfer Service, and hopefully result in less sleepless nights for Carl & I. We appreciate the fact that the wait for some of these changes has been long, largely due to acts of nature in regards to our developers which are beyond human control (gogo natural disasters), and do share your frustration in that respect.

We all do what we can ^^

And while I severely doubt this comment was aimed at me I'll address it anyway, you know fullwell that I have no interest or need to "suck up" to Carl for anything =p I tell it how it is, and the above is how it is.

Cheerio,
    Alente - GamezNetwork Management.

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.