1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

About fishing in general

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sirjulics, Dec 13, 2021.

1. sirjulics

sirjulics New Member

Hey guys, i dont know if this post goes here... but here we go:
    Been fishing for a while here on gamezbdo (guru20 1100 mastery) and i notice the extremely low chance of orange fish.
    In a 6 hour rotation on north margoria ill do 1300+ catches (wich is aproximately what an epheria+10 branded lasts for me). Thats what takes to get 190 +/- yellow fishes.
    The rate of the yellow fishes is the same on south or middle margoria
    The relics goes about 10 per hour of fishing.
    BUT at the MOST i get 1 orange fish, maybe 2.
    The tooltip says 2.4% and i know i know its a korean game so "2%" is not 2% its regulated by the gods of ramen percent. But 1 orange fish on 1300 SUCCESFULL catches its a bit low, dont you think?.
    The thing is i cant compete with grinding rotations and im a lifeskiller, would it be posible to increment the chances of orange fishes? or at least make it 2% for real?
    Thanks in advance =)

loboram likes this.
  2. sirjulics

sirjulics New Member

So... i guess im the only idiot whos trying to make money from fishes...
    K...

3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I've moved your thread to the right section since this is not a problem in need of support, but rather a suggestion.
    From my own experience, I have to say that 1100 mastery isn't that much in order to catch Prize Fishes, and the chance to catch it change from place to place depending on its price.
    I have 1700 mastery in fishing right now, if I afk fishing for 1 hour at Velia Beach I'll probably catch tons of Prize Fishes priced at 1/2kk, but if I go to Margoria or O'dyllita where Prize Fishes starts to be priced at 10/15kk, then things changes, and I'll probably catch way less fishes, if the RNG allows me.
    Also, we don't make tons of money with afk fishing, we never did. If you want real incoming with fishing, upgrade your mastery and go after Ghost Whale. That's your goal with fishing nowadays: harpooning, because harpoon fishes are sold directly to NPC vendors and doesn't count towards your daily trade limit of 400kk.

4. sirjulics

sirjulics New Member

Honestly, i did not know where to put it because for my at least, is a problem.
    Gathering master25 i make 150kk an hour, and the ghosts whales ive seen people fishing for 10 hours straight and not find one.
    The number ive provided are not afk fishing, is for active fishing. Even if i do hotspot fishing i cant pass 60-80kk an hour. Dont get me wrong, is not your fault but since everything is "faster" on the server i think that they should up the drop chance of orange fish because i hate that gathering is the only profitable life skill on the server.

loboram likes this.
  5. Jujuba

We already have a buff for fishing, because we have 2x the drop ammount compared to retail.
    Believe me, you do get more Prize Fishes with higher Mastery, but you can't forget about RNG too, everything is a chance to, not guaranteed.

6. sirjulics

sirjulics New Member

Yeah... but from 2% to 4% orange fish you mean? when 2% is not at all 2% when i fish 1300 catches and not get 2 orange.
    Is just not good bussines, the investment to get 1800 mastery is HUGE (like 12 15 billons). I hate gathering but ill keep gathering. Thanks for the replys.

loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I completely agree with the OP, since the trick for GamezBD to stay competitive, against ALL the other Private Servers out there, is to make GamezBD UNIQUE in comparison.

Just having a higher droprate doesn't cut it anymore, especially when other places have better circumstances for Life-skilling players, which GamezBD STILL hasn't been very nice towards.

Black Desert Online is about a LOT more, than just running around PvP'ing/PvE'ing. So just add stuff for the life-skillers, and Finally remove the Trade-daily-income-limit.

sirjulics likes this.
  8. Chartos

Chartos New Member

Im gonna piggyback on this thread with my own question:

So i'm trying to get master trader with fishing combo right now..
    I know about the trade limit but i haven't been trading enough daily to actually reach it.
    How does it work actually ? Am i locked out of trading when i reach it completely or i can waste my items and not get any money?
    Because i don't care about items or profit really, just want that sweet sweet exp and master trading :)

Pls don't tell me you can't trade at all or cant get exp, thanks :)

EDIT:
    Ok i just found out you get completely locked out...
    WHY IS THIS A THING ?!?
    I can make 2 bil per hr in ash forest just by getting and selling 2 debos, but im forced to max 400 mil daily from trade ?!?!

Kolka pls... :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    sirjulics likes this.
  9. sirjulics

sirjulics New Member

Maybe he reads us and understand that some of us just do life skills =)

PD: And yeah, the 400kk trade limit is bull**** =)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2021
  10. Jujuba

I meant that you get 2 fishes/relics/whatever instead of 1, that's the multiplier I'm talking about...
    Also, Black Desert doesn't work like that... Just because it has 2% it doesn't mean you will get it for sure after X amount of killing or fishing. There's something called RNG, every attempt you make is a new attempt to get what you want, it's not a escale, it's not guaranteed.

@Chartos and @sirjulics
    I have merged the last double posts of yours. Keep the thread clean, use the edit function to add more information to your post to avoid spam/double posts.
    If you have any concerns, please, read our Forum/Server Rules.
    Thanks in advance.