1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Access to Quest "Bridle of Destiny"

Discussion in 'Questions' started by eval24, May 23, 2020.

1. eval24

eval24 New Member

Hey Guys!

Can someone tell me what I have to do to get access to the Quest "Bridle of Destiny" (Mainquest) ?
    https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/4001/1/

I tried to do all quests again with a different character, changing the "way" in the questline, where i had to make a decisions, but it doesn't pop up anywhere .. usually the black spirit should send me to "Sirare" who gives this quest. But nothing.

Any suggestions ?

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

"There is a Sirare standing next to Bareeds III but that is not the one that starts this quest. The one that starts this quest is standing over an entrance near Edman the cook in Altinova. This Sirare would not show up for me using the magnifying glass menu." Says this in the comment section below on the page that you linked. Did you try to go to that NPC and talk to him?
    https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/200/1/

That's the quest that starts the next questline.

3. eval24

eval24 New Member

Yep, already done .. already done the whole questline 3 or 4 times now (til Calpheon is finished) .. also done ALL black spirit quests (except Valencia, Drieghan, Kama...) ...But after you doing the first that has the same name in Questlog "dark energy that looms over mediah" the other disappears ...

And the quest requirements are just level 51 .. so I should get it with every character or am I wrong ?

The quest says the following in the log: "Sirare at Altinova Crossroads seems to know about the Black Spirit and your visit. He asks you to listen carefully to stories of Altinova." ... but where should I listen? The auto-pathing always lead me back to Sirare (near the Cook) nothing else is showing up, nothing find on database or google/yt as well

4. loboram

Well the first thing I usually do when I am having quest troubles is to check whether all quest types are enabled.

Then I go check the BDOcodex (https://bdocodex.com/us/) for hints, and then I try all the other sources of information.

Not sure if this will help you but just in case: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/mediah-main-story-not-starting.228495/#post-2169785

Now, just in case none of the above helps out, I can vaguely remember doing that questline not that long ago, maybe a couple of months or so, and what I remember is that I just had to go talk to the little Shai standing on the gateway, then he directs me to some kids a little further down the road towards the Altinova center district.

5. eval24

eval24 New Member

We trying since 2 or 3 weeks now, with all possible solutions that google/database/reddit/whatever shows up .. also with new created account/characters
    The little shai doesn't have the quest. As there is written on the other thread
    "Note: There are 2 "[Lv.51 Mediah] Dark Energy that Looms Over Mediah" quests, one has 27 quests and the other has 43. ...."

When I do all quests at the end of Calpheon the priest (or whatever it is) sends me to Kamasilvia Temple somewhere in the east to talk with NPC Owen.. when you do that the first (?) of "[Lv.51 Mediah] Dark Energy that Looms Over Mediah" - Questline starts .. and the other disappear. You meet the little shai in this questline too. But not for the questline we looking for.

6. loboram

I know that there is only room for the game displaying ONE main-questline and unfortunately since we level up WAAAY too quickly here on GamezBD, the main-questline displayed is ALWAYS going to be the one appropriate to the level instead of the lowest uncompleted one. However, they are Still there, just not in the main-questline display, I always disable the "top three quests" display, because they Never show what I am interested in. I can see the black-spirit-quests in my normal quests-display window to the right on the screen, and there the icon for the blackspirit quests are a "squiggly"-circle, the questslines should still be available to you, maybe just under a different tab in the quest window, if not then I have NO idea how you made that happen :p

7. eval24

eval24 New Member

mh.. :| idk.. still doesn't matter if i let the game show me ALL quests .. dk where to find it elsewhere .. just thinking that 2 ppl cant be that dumb to find this quest :D .. but thx for help

8. loboram

Well, as @Kolka said: "just do ALL the quests from top to bottom, then all the others will be unlocked for you"

At least try that before giving up completely, I am sure there are plenty of unfinished quests in your log :)