1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Acess Denied to play the game? Plus Trojan.Gen.9 detected?

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Wraithhunter, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Hello, I am a new player wanting to try out the Private Server of Gamez's Black Desert Online since I've heard a lot good about it, and frankly I want to have a good clean experience without P2W for once. After hours of installing, I was finally able to start the game, However as I posted in the Title, a message popped up saying "Error: Access Denied" after the loading screen "Launching game." Not only that, but thinking maybe I just had to restart the launcher, I tried it again, only for my security programs to block it, one reporting as just "Trojan" while my other one is reporting it as the deadly "Trojan.Gen.9."

I know with some Private Servers they have reported these type blocks as not really being real, and sent the reports to the security programs etc. More as the Security Programs are reacting to something within the game files itself. Despite my excitement originally to play the game however, I don't want to risk my PC to the Trojan.Gen.9 if it is real. But it kind of sucks because I've heard so many nice things about the Gamez's Private server. If anyone would have conformation that would be appreciated, or even if they have experience this too with the blocks and Trojans. I don't know if the "Access Denied" is because of the block or is another separate issue all together. :(

As a little update, it seems its blocking a specific file, and this specific file contains the Trojan.Gen.9. I thought it was the launcher since it said "Launcher" however its actually blocking the file: smrtsvc64.exe. I have no clue what this file is within the game files, (for once at least the launcher isn't giving me issues, because I had an issue many times with other private server launchers..) but hopefully it helps for further investigation. I mean all I want to do is play the game lol.

(Update 3/11/19): Well after weeks of playing, nothing bad has really happened, so like most I encounter with Private Servers, the Trojan.Gen.9 was probably an error, it seems one of the files for SmartGuard was flagged incorrectly. Because being SmartGuard see's; to well "see" if you have cheating systems on the PC that would make you have an advantage over others. Because of that, it makes me think that's why the Security Programs reacted to it, thinking the PC was being attacked. But yea. And seeing I am fine after playing a long time, I'm not going to worry about it anymore. So basically this thread post is done. If I do encounter something else related this original post, then I'll update it again. (Instead of making millions of Threads based on the same thing. I know it can get kind of annoying for the Dev's having to look at 20 different Threads based on the same thing). I did encounter the Access Denied again, however it seemed it happened because of the launcher starting awkwardly aka accidently having 2 at the same time opened. But yea.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    myka94 likes this.