1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aegis' Ultimate Spiritmaster Guide!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Aegis, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Templars cannot stop a targets attack, they are close range fighters limited by buffs and attack speed. They have no slows, roots, of silences or any sleep spells (while they do have ONE fear). While they have more physical defence this is a trivial issue in comparison considering how they are easily kitable.

Also, they don't have 2 heals that heal themselves instantly for 25k hp or multiple shields and an assasin-like instant cast spell dodge.

Also... being frank, they are terrible at shielding their party from the members of the other team.

Thus why a spiritmaster trumphs the templar class. They are the true party-protectors.

2. kenkatesumi

kenkatesumi Proficient

Bro if a SM gets attacked they are dead in party fights. on top of that Temps have bugged party protecting skills. the 100% dmg to temp skill is bugged, and it has like a 2min or 3min Cd. With that being said SM's aren't TANKS. They are CC class, with little dps. They fear and fear and sleep and root. That's not tanking. If you want to call that tanking my ranger can tank better than ur SM and kill faster too.

3. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

nice guide<3!

but for Hand Of Torpor,
    i'd rather just cast Fear, that won't break on dmg ;P
    but it's a decent skill, lasts more then the 4 seconds its suppose to last here.

4. Aegis

Aegis Guest

If a SM doesn't know what they are doing.

Templars have -bugged- party protecting skills.

Sm's are tanks with having over 80k HP migation and multiple shields and disabiling techniques.

I just see we have differing opinions in tanking. My ideal of tanking is the ability to protect oneself and the entire party from harm. Which spiritmaster fits into marvelously.

Hand of Torpor is useful in those situations you run out of CC most of the time.. or it has some situational benifits :XXX

5. sirgail

sirgail Proficient

i just want our other skills to be fixed or can be used already. I think its still on 1.5 that they cant be use *sigh* :pouty:

6. turkonjavla

turkonjavla Expert

so you are saying Aegis that the spiritmaster is the most OP class in aion

7. kenkatesumi

kenkatesumi Proficient

You forget if ur pet is killed no more dmg mig, on top of that ur skills have 2~5 minute CD for shield's.

Pet killed = No dmg mig.

8. joshan4ev3r

joshan4ev3r New Member

i <3 spirit master too

ha ur very devoted to sm aegis too bad is the most bugged class on this server hope it gets fixed sooner than later, im a sm lover too ( Noloty) and no matter how much i agree with what u say about spirit masters STOP GIVING AWAY OUR SECRETS lols jk but knowing sm i dun want to have any more competence haha..

9. Guero

Guero Proficient

Thanks so much this wonderful guides help me alot and more with the manastones ^^ tnx
    and thats because my main is a SpiritMaster ^^

10. gothicprincess

gothicprincess Proficient

all ican say is ......................................................................................

11. Aegis

Aegis Guest

How can you kill the pet if I forbid you from attacking essentially migationg all possible sources of your damage ._______.?

Also the shields being that much of a c.d. isn't a big deal at alllllllll.... I rarely find a PvPer when flying solo that is even worth popping shields... let alone spirit substitution for..

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Without a doubt if used well, if used badly they may as well be a low-dps frozen turd... best left in the rank snow bank.

SM is by-far not the class for everyone... if you are into being a sadist and a support character than yeah! If you like big numbers and stealthing around and ganking people? NOOOOOOOOO.

I'll be the first one to say rangers and gladiators will be the better classes for those suffering from adhd and large-number fetishes.

12. elshagan

elshagan Expert

I have to agree with Aegis that when Soloing I rarely if ever pop spirit sub since it's a waste of time against anything short of sin. :S Shields if left alone can be kept up 100% since it's 5m with 2m CD anyway.

Was taking a rest chatting with pals in panda but instead I got duel after duel after duel... Rarely lost if ever lol... Heck after a while I even stopped using Spirit sub against most sins I dueled lol n still won. XD

Btw does anyone else get 1s lag spikes when fear is casted? :S

13. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Indeed... duels are really brutally easy to do (and imo isn't the strength of the SM class) and I personally don't find duels to reflect the way people would fight in real PvP. (I personally have no issue admitting when dueling I am most often found blehing out... don't even bother to really fear chain and usually end up playing with the person as they rage out).

In terms of 1s lag spikes... not that I have noticed at least o.o

14. KuyaTikoy

KuyaTikoy Proficient

i dont think the SM debuff skills are working ryt now, I couldnt debuf mahabata's invulnerability when we were doing a DP run... also I think it sucks that SM spirit servants are not imposed...

15. elshagan

elshagan Expert

Magic Implosion n Ignite aether are both working as they should with painfull results... On the mahabata I've noticed that you gotta you use the single dispell can't remember the name atm...

Also the energies have always been a problem to duplicate based on retail but meh they're gettig there.

16. KuyaTikoy

KuyaTikoy Proficient

i c, thanks bro, but would'nt it be nice if servants were finally up and running, I mean spirit masters are kisk - ass atm, i hardly lose in PVP against all classes, but it would be much better if servants were up and running, SMs have like 5 servant summons.

17. elshagan

elshagan Expert

Correction the only have 2... x Energy n Cyclone Energy... If you use x Energy the others will go on cooldown... Also PvP as in duels or as in proper pvp? :p There's a difference afterall.

18. KuyaTikoy

KuyaTikoy Proficient

both in pvp duels and proper pvp, when i duel against my friends I win most of the time. also in inggison even if i get outnumbered like 3 to 1 I can still manage to kill two and escape, thanks to fear shriek and spirit substitution

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  19. elshagan

elshagan Expert

Well no offence to my fellow Asmo but they could be alot better. That n a SM who know what he's doing can always turn the table unless silence locked... Stupid sins... Lol

20. KuyaTikoy

KuyaTikoy Proficient

Spirit Substitution is no longer working : ( wat a pain in the arssss....