1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After pressing Start, black screen then closes to launcher.

Discussion in 'Problems' started by cobaltshadow, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterwing

Setterwing New Member

I dont use Afterburn nor Synapses (i do use razer gamebooster) but closing DisplayFusion worked for me, seems like some programs are making the launcher (or is the xigncode?) freak out.

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

XIGNCODE is also scanning your pc for any softwares it doesn't like such as MSI Afterburner, any Razer related apps and so on. I find it a bit annoying.

3. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

the blackscreen issue is not that at all.
    All game components load. The launcher is fine, it updates, logs you in. The game starts loading after choosing a character, the bar goes all to the end and then the game stops.
    As I mentioned before, windows reports shows that error as "blackdesert.exe stopped communicating with windows and was closed".

For example, for me, making a new character made the game load and I was finally able to reload to my main. This shows that smartscreen should have nothing to do with this, as it happens when the game is finishing loading.

edit: I feel that this thread is trying to solve other issues that have nothing to do with "the black screen issue" that started happening just a few days ago after just a simple server restart.

4. Naraku

Naraku New Member

My wife is having the same issue on her PC, even copied over my install from my laptop through our network connection, no dice.
    Tried all the suggestions here, I'm going to try a fresh install of Windows 10 tonight if she lets me at her computer again. (It used to be mine, but I lost it in the marriage hehe), happy wife happy life! :D

5. Evofuzion

Evofuzion New Member

What Noyah said is correct i was not able to log in for couple of days then i decide to close all MSI and unnecessary programs. turned out closing MSI Afterburner fixed this issue. i do have Razor in the background running no problem. i tested while having game running and opening MSI Afterburner shutdown the game client. my advice would be start closing the background programs from the Hidden Icons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.