1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aion Starter Guide

Discussion in 'Guides Archive' started by Joze, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Atreia!

Good day, Daevas!

This guide was created to help new players find there way around the system of GamezAION & the game Aion itself.
    DISCLAIMER: All of the information here the basic things a new player has to take into consideration.

[​IMG]
    Creating your character is somewhat essential, since it's like your trademark as a player.
    But before you get to design and create your character, you will need to select a faction.

There are two (2) factions that you may choose from:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After selecting a faction, choose a class.
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Classes:
    Gladiator | Templar
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Classes:
    Assassin | Ranger
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Classes:
    Sorcerer | Spiritmaster
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Classes:
    Cleric | Chanter
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Classes:
    Gunslinger | Aethertech
    [​IMG]
    Sub-Class:
    Songweaver

Design and create your character. There are multiple options for you to edit your character's appearance, so be creative and be original.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After creating and logging in your character, you will choose a sub-class.
    Sub-classes are shown in the 'Class' spoilers on the Character Selection Section.

You will first receive an Ascension Quest in order to change class.
    Unlike other servers, the starting point is at Sanctum or Pandaemonium and we all start at level 65.
    [​IMG]
    After completing the quest, you will directly level up to 65.
    In case, you got disconnected from your game, there are some things you can do that would help you solve this problem

After everything has loaded, you will receive the current starter pack which is a Special Elite Ambassador's/ Emissary's Armor and Accessory Set, which includes a weapon and some consumables.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Armor for Classes:
    Sorcerer/Spiritmaster/Songweaver - Cloth
    Ranger/Assassin/Gunslinger - Leather (Note: Gunslingers use Magic Leather Armor)
    Cleric/Chanter/ Aethertech - Chain (Note: Aethertechs use Magic Chain Armor)
    Gladiator/Templar - Plate

[​IMG]

Weapon for Classes:
    Sorcerer/Spiritmaster - Tome/Orb (Note: The choice of weapon for this class solely depends on what build you want for your character)
    Ranger/Assassin - Bow/Sword/Dagger (Note: usage of these weapons depends on your class, there are only few skills that a ranger can use swords or daggers. However Assassins use bows, normally for chasing targets)
    Cleric/Chanter - Staff/Mace/Shield (Note: Shield is technically not a weapon, it's an armor. Clerics usually use shield and mace, while Chanters use staff, but there is no class restriction as to what you must use, so you are free to choose)
    Gladiator/Templar - Spear/Greatsword/Mace/Sword/Shield/Bow (Note: Gladiators use Spears and Greatswords and they can also use shields and maces/swords, and bows to chase down enemies. Templars use Mace,Sword, Shield, and Greatsword the wide range of weapon selection for this class is because Templars have skills which have weapon restrictions.)
    Gunslinger - Pistol/Aethercannon (Note: Gunslingers have two (2) weapons because of some skills that have weapon restriction)
    Aethertech - Cipher- Blade/ Pistol (Note: Aethertechs primarily use Cipher- Blades: This turns you into a robot, and rarely use Pistols, when not in robot form)
    Songweaver - Harp

[​IMG]

After settling your gear, you may proceed to the Archdaeva Quests, this will also depend if you are an Asmodian or an Elyos. The quests have navigational tools that can help you. Check your mailbox, a letter from Pernos (Elyos) or Munin (Asmodian) will start your quest.
    Here's a a guide for the quest and some FAQs that you might use. Click

[​IMG]

After being an Archdaeva, you must focus on leveling up to 75. Check your "Quest Window" using shortcut key "J", check the available "Cygnea" quests or "Enshar" quests in the "Campaign Quest Tab". There are a few quests that can help you level up. The last quest of these locations will also open your Daevanion Quests (this is a special quest where you can acquire Kaisinel's Protector Armor or Marchutan's Protector Armor). If you still can't reach level 75 after completing or taking most of the quests, you may also collect
    [​IMG] Berdin Lucky Stars, these are consumables that give you XP, however, the effect of this consumable gradually decreases as your level goes high.

[​IMG]
    Abyss points are points gained from the following ways:
    -Killing a player from the opposite race.
    -Joining in-game battle grounds.
    -Killing NPCs or mobs that give Abyss Points.
    -Quests completed that offer AP.

But the most common source of abyss points are from the first two things mentioned above.
    Abyss Points are also points that determines your rank. From Rank 9 Soldier to Rank 1 Soldier, abyss points are the determining factor for you to be placed in such rank, but in this server, the required number of Abyss points per rank is not followed because of the abyss rates of the server.

Abyss Points can be exchanged for some items such as weapons, armor, consumables, etc.

After reaching level 75, you must acquire Abyss Points. This is for the acquisition of a Proctor Set/Principal Set/Suzerain Set/Arbiter Set, these can be purchased at Kaisinel's Academy or Marchutan's Priory. One hundred thousand (100,000) to one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) Abyss Points would be enough to purchase a set and a weapon.
    [​IMG]
    Glory points are points which determines a players over-all ranking.
    These can be acquired through joining battlegrounds.

Here is the GP requirement for each rank. Take note, that in each rank there is a restriction as to the number of players who could be on that rank.
    Army 1- Star Officer
    GP Requirement: 1,244 GP

Army 2- Star Officer
    GP Requirement: 1,368 GP

Army 3- Star Officer
    GP Requirement: 1,915 GP

Army 4- Star Officer
    GP Requirement: 3,064 GP

Army 5- Star Officer
    GP Requirement: 5,210 GP

Army General
    GP Requirement: 8,335 GP

Army Great General
    GP Requirement: 10,002 GP

Army Commander
    GP Requirement: 11,503 GP

Army Governor
    GP Requirement: 12,437 GP
    'Rank' means your placement over-all, which means you are ranked based on the GP you have. So there are instances where you already have the required GP but did not rank up. The first reason is that, you must wait for the ranking to refresh or your GP did not reach the required ranking. Please refer to the Army 1- Star Officer Ranking, it says that you need to be in the Top 1,000 this means that the top 1,000 players include the governor down to the 1000th player. You can also see, that the Army 2-Star Officer requires a rank of 700, which means there are only 300 (1,000-700) 1-star officers, for 2-star officers there are only 200, and so on with the other ranks.
    [​IMG]
    After acquiring your new set and weapon, you must enchant it. You must use Omega Enchantment Stones to enchant Armor/Weapons and Tempering Solution for Accessories. Where to get these? They are collected through various ways: Staff Member Events, Portal Events,Boxes at PvP Area, and through trading items. The max enchanting level for Armor and weapon is 20, when reaching enchantment level 20, you will receive a random breakthrough skill.

[​IMG]
    For Accessories, the max tempering level is 10, with every level giving additional PVP Attack or Defense depending on the accessory being tempered. Wings may also be enchanted to a max level of 20 with a breakthrough skill, however some wings can't be enchanted. There is also another accessory called "Plumes", these are special accessories that give you additional stats and HP depending on what type of plume and level the plume you have. Plumes are tempered like accessories.

[​IMG]
    Essence Core are crystals which can be equipped to gain additional essence when equipped into their slot in the Essence tab in the Profile window. They can be refined up to level 10, with each level rewarding more Essence.
    You can acquire these from the website shop, trading, or joining in-game or forum events.

[​IMG]

Vote two times a day. Some items are not found in- game, they may be acquired at the Webshop or there are some players who would want to buy your credits for items that they have.
    Crafting. Craft the basic professions, like Cooking and Alchemy, these would provide you with the essentials for PVP. At the moment, there are customized NPCs that are placed near the crafting areas, try to grab the opportunity to craft all you need.
    Collect Omega Enchantment Stones and Tempering Solutions. Boxes are spread in the PvP area. If you are familiar with your character's skills, try going to Portal Events, that pop up every hour (Not the one that always appears, and still not sure of the interval), these events, give you Abyss Points, Omega Enchantment 2pcs., Tempering Solution 4pcs., and etc.
    Learn. Learn the current in- game market, try to see what items are being sold and how much or what would a player give for a specific item (demand and supply thing). Try asking people, there are many friendly players online everyday.
    Aion Database. Always take time to check the database in case other players can't answer any of you inquires.
    Read. Read the rules and regulations of this server to avoid getting problems, or worst case getting banned.
    Server Rules Forum Rules

Here's a link for other guides that might help you. Click

Have a nice day! Happy gaming!
    Jose​

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Cycles, Zinkao, loveheart and 17 others like this.
  2. Koukoune

Koukoune New Member

Thanks you !

3. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

No problem. Participate in forum events as well :) Happy Gaming!

Koukoune likes this.
  4. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

Hi there! Just edited the guide with small additions. Sorry for a more Elyos perspective. Enjoy!

5. vantooth

vantooth Guest

Templars can use bow? the only class I know that can use bow was Glads, scout classes, and cleric
    PS: I'm just curious cause I haven't tried doing that.

6. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

I stand corrected on the "Templar" details. However clerics and chanters cant use bows as a matter of fact

7. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

Added a few details thanks to some intel (angel)

8. ~VilletteSonia~

~VilletteSonia~ Forum Troll

we can't use bow.

9. Critscythe

Critscythe New Member

Nice One!

10. vantooth

vantooth Guest

clerics could use. I know cause I was able to take a screenshot that time when I used bow. I dunno if that was a bug or what
    still finding the SS

11. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Clerics can use bow. I use it when I go dps, and I keep chasing monkeys.

12. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

I've been trying out some of the classes and here is an image of my cleric unable to use the bow, however there isn't anything that says that my toon is unable to equip the bow. But if you can send some screenshots I'd appreciate it.

Untitled.png

13. tyrande1231

tyrande1231 New Member

im still downloading the game, and instead of wasting the time i have already voted on the 5 links provided. though i still dont have the 50 credits total. And there is no cd
    Can i vote multiple times like hundred times in an hour? or only every 12hrs? Since ive read it says "you can vote twice a day" something

14. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

It's because you haven't made a character yet. If you haven't logged in for seven (7) days, voting privileges will be disabled for your account. If you have downloaded the game, create a character and log it in, with that you will get an additional 5 credits per vote which means you can get 75 credits every 12 hours. If you have VIP Membership you can avail the additional 5 credits even if you're not logged in.

Well, there is a cool down. Sometimes after voting a link, when you are redirected to the official website, you may see that the previous voting site does not have any cool down, that's normal. If you vote on to the next site and get redirected back again, you will see the previous link having the 12 hour cool down timer.

Only twice a day, dear.

Please do take time on reading the Server rules (Link below my signature) for safety purposes and have fun of course
    Happy Gaming!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    tyrande1231 likes this.
  15. jjads

jjads Jjads McGolancy

hmm not bad.
    for new comers in the aion world.
    pretty indeed huh....

16. Bagasina

Bagasina Im retired, not Expired.

Nice one :), your guide can help others like newbie here in aion. insteed can you create a guide on any quests on both sides? thanks though.

17. Personage

Personage Banned

Thanks for details and info.

18. reneboy

reneboy Getting there

this make a sence to the new comer.
    ... not bad at all

19. Personage

Personage Banned

Im a new comer/newbie/weak here in Aion. teach me how to do things right :)

20. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

Thank you, dear. I'll try to make on if time permits me to do so. A bit preoccupied, but please do message me on what quest so I can look on to it.

No problem

Thank you, dear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.