1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amalur highest damage :P

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smartik1, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I'm more interested in how you handle bosses as a mage. Sure normal monsters are incredibly easy, you wipe them hard with AoE, but bosses are so hard as mage.

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

r u kidding? o_O meteor insta kills them. it used to be that meteor handled about 40% of boss hp or so (and cleaned up the place of other mobs) and the rest i could either finish off with mark of flames or id fateshift and finish him off with a staff. its slowmotion so he cant stand up from staff combos, hes harmless

the hardest boss was balor since chakrams cant reach him and neither can any other spell. hp regen pots got me out of that otherwise i had to hit him with the basic lightning when he was away

anyways atm my chakrams do 10k per hit (would 1 hit kill any mob, 2 hit kill a boss), meteor does around 100k without any boosts of any kind, didnt check how much mark of flames does atm

idk for me mark of flames used to be my primary spell for most of the game until i got meteor which basically insta killed crowds of smaller mobs and did very good dmg on bosses

3. Shunko

Shunko Expert

lol my meteor does like 1/20 of bosses but then again my armor and weapon are kind of bad ~.~ i am 'acquiring' both downloadable contents now since i didn't do them yet, i will probably continue with my ranger since bow is so hilariously overpowered.

4. Smartik1

i havent tested other classes since im always a mage. btw ur gear really matters. for a long time i used to have a staff i never used that had +2 to sorcery abilities so my meteor and all fire skills were on 7/5 while i used chakrams as my main wep

btw also depends on what boss u mean and what level u r. but fateshifting to staff combo him is pretty good since its a 3 hit combo and the last hit knocks him over. kinda means ur just kicking his ass till fateshift runs out

mark of flames also works well. if u get to execute it, hes knocked over for a bit, then just spam another and another. but yea the best mages have the pure mage destiny card coz it gets a huge elemental bonus

i used to go for armors that had a huge fire set bonus (there was a set called arcane or something, might have been from becoming archsage in rathir)

btw becoming the archsage also gives u 2 epic rings with huge fire bonus (and i found a 19% damaging necklace somewhere which boosts all damage)

5. Shunko

Shunko Expert

My mage uses the house of sorrow quest line set + weapon

[​IMG]

Also, the final boss of that quest line was the first i fought as mage since i only recently had changed my fate :p
    All my spells did so low damage to it.

6. Smartik1

lol i actually used that set for a while xD just 3 parts and used 1 that had a better bonus elsewhere :p its good coz of fire boost and +2 to sorc abilites

if u do the mages guild whatever storyline u get +1 to all sorc abilities permanently, that helps. same as doing the traveleres gives permanent +1 to finesse and the warriors one gives +1 to might abilities

anyways i pretty much always saved fateshift for bosses, makes them slow motion and easy to kill with staff hits

the dead kell bosses were funny, they were 1 hit kill to a meteor xD they fixed that for the teeth of naros since u can only take 25% and then he jumps off on a platform and creates mobs

edit: btw im lvl 40 so my dmg will be higher. i remember back when i was moving to the right section of the map i used to do like 300 with chakrams, 1.3k with mark of flames and 2.5k with meteor or something

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  7. Raffeala

Raffeala New Member

lmao i play this game to itz fun the offside is the random loot or howeva you call it like those yellow/gold colored stuff is so hard to get my brother showed me how to manipulate like saving outside dungeon but i still takes freaking years to get it O_O! fact= i have low patience would be fun if there was a item that like gem that increased the drop rate ROFL

8. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

Eh, it's a boring game tho, you finish it in 5 min then you got nothing else to do ...

9. Blakte

Blakte Banned

this game is so addictive lol i been liek week on it :D

10. Smartik1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.