1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anniversary Monster Tweaks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Apr 1, 2024.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

After the wonderful 8th anniversary the GamezBD recently celebrated, I thought it might be time to do a thorough check, of the all the monsters.

Tweak the AI-cooperation, monsters helping each other when attacked.
    Tweak threat assessment, so that monsters will attack a character of higher level, so that we don't need to run around killing off very small pockets of monsters, instead of rounding up a big bunch first.
    Tweak attack distances, so that monsters can run further away from their starting points, before returning.
    Tweak animations, in cases of teleporting or "not-moving-robot-like" animations.
    Tweak respawning in certain areas, where they are respawning Far too quickly, since there are Plenty of monsters to go around, and perhaps up in other areas where there are few monsters, in comparison to how much they are hunted, and their populations are low.
    Tweak levels, defense, attack, for certain areas where you can start out with starting lowest gear, and no armour, and still take no damage and killing off 10 at a time with one hit.

I recently had to revisit Shultz Guards, and there are So many monsters there already, and they respawn Extremely quickly, for an area that very few ever visit. Especially since they are no longer a part of the Season Pass requirements.

I would love to hear more suggestions, but please limit you comments and answers to; Actually adding to the discussion/thread, and not just troll answers.
    Yeah, I am fully aware that the developers are working their butts off, and trying to make the new additions to the game work properly. However, there are plenty of bug reports, and if they have some time to kill before the next big update; then why not work on the bug reports, and then give the monster list a check, since it hasn't been modified much at all, since the first edition...well it seems to be pretty much the exact same as it used to.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

https://bdocodex.com/us/npc/22107/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/npc/21703/

So, just for comparison, I went by the Kagtums, at level 63. They do not chase/attack me, but have a general level of around 3-4 levels below the Kagtums. Yet the stats of that Shultz Guards, are Many more levels above the stats of the Kagtums. Yet the Kagtums, at 190AP have green names, which would indicate that they give more skill and combat experience, than grey named monsters, like the Shultz Guards that are at 220AP.

I do hope that you can see my confusion, that the name colours aren't matching difficulty, nor do the levels of the monsters, in comparison to their stats and area AP suggestions. I was trying to get more Skill points, and to do that you have to attack monsters of somewhat equal levels to your own, and your gear and their area AP suggestion makes no difference. Monsters near your level have white or green names, those above have orange and red names, but in general if you are killing green and orange (not actually sure now are there yellow names as well?), then you should get some good skill/experience points.