1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Answer to; Are there any Roleplaying Guilds?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by loboram, Aug 23, 2021.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

First up, I want to welcome all the new players here to our wonderful GamezBD community. Whether you are completely new to the game, or just recently arrived to our servers.

Next up I would like to try to make it clear, what I mean when I say; Roleplaying.

Roleplaying is a thing that arose back in the late 70's early 80's.

It was a game, where you had a rulebook, some dice, and sheets of paper and pencils.

One person was nominated as the Game Master, and had the responsibility of carrying the story and game-flow, for the group of players assembled there around the table.

Some people used miniatures, small metal figures representing their characters, and whatever they encountered, for combat purposes, so things would be more clear in the imaginations of the players, and Game Master who was keeping track of EVERYthing, not done by the players themselves.

The entire game basically took place in a combined imaginary place, like when you see images inside your head, once you are listening to a story told.
    The players listened to the GM (Game Master), who told a story, and let the players interact with the story, the NPCs (Non-Player-Characters) which the GM then had to bring to life, by acting out as if she/he/they were the NPC, and talking directly to the player characters. Very much like in a teater-play.

SO...now let's fast forward to when Computer Games started using the term RPG. The premise for the extremely loose use of that term, was that the game had to have "levels" in it. THAT's IT!
    Which is why, to this date, there are an insanely small amount of games, that have anything to do with real roleplaying, and why some players take it too far, while other (sadistic-bullying-miserable) players use it as an excuse, to take out whatever is going on in their lives, on the Roleplaying community.

Well, I want to make this thread, for two reasons;

1. I would very much like it, if the Roleplaying community here on GamezBD, could grow and feel free to act, without being persecuted.

2. It would be very nice, if players who don't know anything at all about this topic, could learn a bit more without the prejudice, that the mainstream crowd has towards this area of gaming possiblity.

SO...This finally bring me to what I wanted to bring to the table;
    "Nothing too complex, just pretending that your character is an entity of its own, with personality and views unique to that character. Kind of like when someone is acting, they pretend that they have a whole backstory for the character they are playing, and this informs the dialog as well as actions they take. Well that is all we want when it comes to Roleplaying here in my Guild*.

Nothing too fancy or complex because it is just a game, and we all have to find a sweet spot for enjoyment, that most intelligent individuals can agree on."
    (https://forum.gameznetwork.com/thre...ying-guild-english.212853/page-4#post-2213053)

*Bloodhawks Guild, read the first page of the link for more information.