1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Balance of magic resistance

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by pipooh, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

Nerd rage on! Quit qq, and just play the game and dont try to change things in the forum. Go to retail, or have a friend, or ask someone to test things there for you, document it and turn it in. QQ here is only annoying and gets you flamed and told to nerd rage... oh yeah did that. Ok my job is done.

Stuns can be resisted with MR, ambush for example. Grab a MR templar on the retail server and have him use his MR buff and try to stun him without any MA, then try with some and without his buff. I've done it, Stuns CAN be MR resisted. If you think the only way to resist a stun is to dodge it, your just as retarded as the people that think MR is all powerful and can even resist a ban from an AM.

AM: I'm gonna ban that noob hacker.

Noob Hacker: Haha, my 4276 MR resisted your ban, try again *****.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. helssing05

helssing05 Expert

Its almost fine, they should fix the venom thingy (the one that makes you fall until you die , unless you glide)

3. mamacita

mamacita Proficient

the thing with ranger vs cleric
    silence is 100%
    but your greater healing pot has like a 4-5 seconds more cooldown than their silence arrow
    so after they pew pew you for a few seconds they got 5 seconds of nonstop hitting
    and trust me.. they fix focused shot. not. fun.

4. Lumiaa

Lumiaa New Member

I do feel that sorcs somehow have a hidden bugged MR mechanic after the upate........ Well not exactly the MR thats broken. I was testing yesterday on my sorc friend who had 1.4k MR while i had 1.7k MAC. He resisted 4 out of 10 skills without element ward. But this isnt the case with ALL sorcs as ive also fought full MR sorcs and barley any skills get resisted.

5. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Happened to me aswell.
    I , with 2.566 M.Resist , did not manage to resist any spell in a duel with soul freeze hits only (i died in like 10 hits idk..) i resisted none. The guy i was testing with , had 2.2k m.acc
    Then i changed my set , i put m.acc set on. My opponent who had 1.8k m.res WITH elemental ward , managed to resist 3 out of 10 spells from me (I had 2.3k m.acc)
    It sucks.

We also tried freezing wind attacks without any buffs and i was using m.res armor (Around 2.3k m.res/1.6k m.acc without buffs) and he was using m.acc armor (around 2.2k m.acc/1.7k m.res)
    none of us resisted a single spell

Pretty confusing.

6. aginstall

aginstall Proficient

Im an asmo sorc at lumiel with 1633 mress and crappy rangers with no more than 1k macc silence me every time.This is a major issue that needs to be fixed asap i cant stand seeing extremely low skilled noob rangers build only on attk +5 and crit +17 land every single silence etc. on me.Yes silence IS magical its damage is physical and rangers are still complaining that they got nerfed OMG :p

7. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

This is how it is in retail.

8. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

My main on retail is a templar. With my MR set + buff, i have 3k MR and I never resisted stuns. Only time I resist stuns as a templar is when I have UD on. So don't be making up BS. Don't know about ambush since there weren't many sins around when they got nerfed. But aside from ambush, I have never resisted a stun with just MR.

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I personally think we need less ****ers stacking M.R. anyhow. DOWN WITH THE DAMNED STAT!

10. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

I was told in GAMEZ aion silence arrow had a set MR, which is why I mentioned that I was told. I never said it was true. But I did have a friend test it out for me in retail. And slaughter isn't bugged, it's suppose to give MA, although there were many posts aobut this in retail wondering why. I didn't follow it through to find out why and I don't want to go back and look for it.

11. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

the problem is not the mr...
    seems skills from rangers have 100% accuracy...

once again ALL RUNE SKILLS CAN BE RESISTED...

so make a post with fix the mutafu%#@ silence arrow...
    mr work just fine...

12. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

stop QQ is retail like

13. Hersonissos

Hersonissos New Member

I know they aren't bugged, i didn't mean that. Just that they have MA because most classes need this stat to a point. The +300 MA in slaughter just gives glads a better chance to debuff targets for ex. with ankle snare, force blast, force cleave. OaA +500 MA also to give assassins better chance to land some stuns/land runes etc on a target which has high MR. Of course the +500 accuracy is useful too for dealing the actual dmg without being parried etc. There are many posts on this in aionsource but the forum is down currently.

14. Lepotica

Lepotica Proficient

Untill thay fix mr i wont pvp.....full mr chanters are useless in pvp now

15. EagleN

EagleN Expert

it's not fine.
    my cleric has 2400+ mr and a glad only has 1400+ MA. BUT i got 100% debuff from glad atk (bound, slow, -def, root), only resisted ankle snare.

16. Qwerty123a

Qwerty123a New Member

i have to agree, MR is not working atm, the problem is not just with ranger skills but all characters with magical attacks. It seems this is a 2nd thread about MR not working, i just hope this thread wont go to waste. The first thread was buried to die and not even a single moderator took notice of it.

17. Jessica

Jessica Guest

this is an issue in siel, so im from lumiel, id like to say a few things about mresist being imbalanced with attack skill from rangers but...

18. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

I'm going to post this because I'm afraid that the mods may falsely add MR the wrong way. Hopefully they'll know that physical stuns cannot be negated by MR because they lack magical properties, because if I shield bash someone with my Templar there should be no way they can resist no matter the amount of MR they have unless they are a Glad or Templar running Unwavering Devotion.

Not trying to dispute the things that are going on here, but only posting this so that the mods when reading this thread will be able to differentiate between the two and fix the problem properly. With that said, Magic resist isn't working correctly, even with practically 3k MR (thats + AA) on my Templar I still got snared by Glad :annoyed:. Either MR isn't working correctly or Glads now have massive MA boost.

19. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

Is it ?

20. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

if you got snared by ankle snare, that's normal. Ankle snare can't be resisted regardless of MR. Also, ankle snare isn't a skill that you can pot out of. But in gamez, it's the opposite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.