1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

bannable in official bdo? or separated account/ progress

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Cadriewyn, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

I have a question in mind... Since I have The official BDO SEA and if I wonder if I use the game launcher and I saw it uses the main official files of bdo?, is this bannable at all? or is this a FRESH START that has nothing to do with my progress on the official Launcher?

If there are any threads regarding this question please let me know and ill check it out, I'm kind of.. hesitant in using it since I might get banned on the official one so I want to make sure first since I wanted to try Private server Thankyou!!

2. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

also.... "select game file folder" by gamefile folder if I have the official ill select that folder? but it says no client detected might cause full client download? please guide me D:

3. timit2thelimit

timit2thelimit New Member

I have both GamezBD and Retail installed on my machine. There's no cross-talk between files or launchers. They are completely separate games.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if it pertains to being punished in Retail for having GamezBD, you're fine :)

4. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

thank you sir,another question uhmm.. I'm was gonna install the gameZ I was wondering if.. I need to choose the folder of the retail? for the game to work? or another empty folder?
    is it gonna install another bdo? Sorry for the many questions, though if you can help me in discord or so please let me know xD I'm kinda bad with this kind of stuff

5. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

I'm patching the game right now I selected my retail version folder of the game and it started working but I am quite curious that... would it let me still play the retail version of the game and the difference is the launchers? i hope that is the case since I still need to play the retail version

6. timit2thelimit

timit2thelimit New Member

That I’m not sure about, but I’m glad you were able to get it working!

7. Janie

Janie New Member

I have both in completely seperate folders and both work fine, I am doubtful that will be the case if they are both in the same folder.

8. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

Oh no I choose mine with the retail version folder D: and it started downloading since whenever I choose an empty folder it copies the client then it just loops :/

9. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

and now my retail is f.... i need to repatch and do stuff plus it double the size of the game Idk which one to delete D; pm me pls if you can guide me through discord D:

10. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

You will have to completely delete both retail and gamezbdo now. If you want to keep playing retail, gamez bdo HAS to be in its own folder. The game does not share files. Gamezbdo is its own game entirely. It would be like installing Minecraft files trying to play Destiny 2.

You also run the risk of corrupted both games because the file name may be the same but the coding inside those files are different. GamezBDO has to be in a seperate folder. A separate disk entirely preferably.

Gamez has no affiliation with PA. There is no database sharing. Accounts are completely separate because they are completely different entities.

11. Cadriewyn

Cadriewyn New Member

Thankyou Puffer!! Yes the bdo thingy got corrupted but thankfully by downloading Retail client I was able to replace the launcher files and it loaded again just needs to scan files for fixing the retail and I messed up and didn't understand the instructions I basically just need to extract the client files in a separate folder and it works like a charm. Thanks to those who answered <3