1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[BDO] PVP is dead. Need changes.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Hannibal, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Even if the update comes. The people will come back and play for a month or so but the lack of pvp is always there. Simple events and tweaks on the RBF should make a pretty big impact. I see a lot of people just wait for Node War/Siege then AFK as soon as it's over.

Choovanski likes this.
  2. Goldwirth

Goldwirth New Member

Creating Ranking for Open World won't bring more people to the game. Competition has always been a part of the game and that is Node/Siege Wars and Red Battlefield which right now is just a circus. When you offer your playerbase a shortcut to the endgame you are bound to lose a lot of them because once they reach their goal they just stop playing anymore because there is nothing left to do.

3. ABAR

ABAR New Member

RBF system should now change :(
    NA 1300 -1500 kullanıcısı 0 RBF
    EU 1600-1900 Kullanıcı 0 RBF
    this is very annoying... RBF =Only the weekend

@Noyah @Kolka

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. nexus1991

nexus1991 New Member

I miss the raid in every specific map like beluslan, herion and gelkmaros.. RVR and other pvp events before,, i am a returned player but it seems right now its a kind of boring game.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

You're in the wrong forum my friend.

This is for GameZBDO. Appreciate the reply though!

6. Visty

Visty Brigade General Kalled

I wish to return, but it's hard crawling up.

Thorjack likes this.
  7. blckbird21

blckbird21 ♣ ShawñY ~ NoOneLoveMe ♣

did we stuck at 6.2? no more update?

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

BDO is getting an update in a week or so.

9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@Hannibal I really like the way you are offering a way to incentivize the PvP part of Black Desert Online, however there are TOO many players who are completely oblivious to what this game is about.

It was originally marketed as an Action-MMO-RPG and the Korean BDO game (first version) had the Karma system at its heart, awarding Characters for being good; Choosing the "Good"-player path meant to help Edan and the Adventurer's Guild, basically going against the wishes of the Black Spirit.

However when it arrived in the "West" the game was changed due to the idea that the game was not probably balanced in the rewards it was offering for the "Good"-path vs the "Evil"-path (where you just do whatever the Black Spirit tells you to do without questioning it at all); basically it was more profitable (from a greedy players point of view) to always do the "Evil"-path. So the developers in the "west" simply took that to heart and remade the game, which lead to the change in the Original Game ideals leading to the game we have now.

So the game is MUCH MORE than just PvP'ing in an Open-World scenario, which is the sad truth way too many players fail to take note of, buying into some weird main-stream fantasy that is a completely different game than what BDO actually is.

I get that they believe that you have reached endgame once you have got your gear enhanced to Maximum (in one way or another), but it is SO far from the reality. The game offers Questlines, Storylines, Life-skills, Gathering/Crafting system, Sea adventures, and SO much more than JUST PvP'ing.

I do agree that it is sad that a part of the core-game is being underused such as the PvP Arenas and especially the Node/Siege Wars, but as some have stated the "game"-lag (not due to internet connection or distance to servers) makes the game difficult when many Players are gathered, and even more difficult when milliseconds REALLY matter like in PvP. However the largest challenge is (in my opinion) still; How to manage a properly balanced PvP?

I have kept insisting that the best possible solution for PvP on our BDO servers -here on GamezBD- is to have some form of Gear-capped PvP tier system. Because it is insanely frustrating to go into the Red Battle Field today, as a completely new player to the server And the game, just to try it out, see how you fare in a PvP setting, only to get utterly destroyed every single time you jump down to join the fight, which is why there are many players abusing of the RBF, just joining to AFK the entire battle for the rewards.

So my suggestion (as this whole thread really should be in the Suggestions sub-forum) is as it always has been; Make it possible to fight other players who are merely +/- 10-20 "Gear Points" ahead or behind them.

Also as others have noted/added, we REALLY need to get the Combat system reworked as Evasion does NOT work as intended at all, think it is just added as DP, likewise the need to make the Action part of the game MUCH more reliable, as in when your character makes the animation for dodging, it should actually have dodged whatever hits it automatically despite having dodged up to a full second later :banghead:
    Not sure if this is just something that happens in PvE, but it is frustrating as hell...

Hannibal likes this.
  10. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Oooh I really like this too! Pvp tier system! So the people with non end-gear items will have some fun too!

loboram likes this.
  11. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

more RBF rewards in the week. give my 670GS ass a reason to play on weekdays. I gear for RBF and seige, and it's fun as fuck sure but only on weekends? yawn ya want me to play For Honor all week or some shit? get me some weekday RBF

increasing silver rewards on nodes when they were contested (not a snipe) to a billion or more will help too

getting geared easy as fuck. PvP is fun at endgame gear. just need to motivate people to get out and fuckin' do it

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  12. loboram

Why is it SO important to use such language? Are you simply incapable of writing in a moderate tone?

13. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

homeslice, I am. I very much am

I just choose not to, I like to make things a little bombastic, add some impact to my prose. so I'll throw in a few 'fucks' for impact. if you can't handle it, put on the earmuffs and safety helmet and lock yourself in your room because this world a scary place, oh golly gosh someone might say a swear :eek:

14. Geo

Geo New Member

bump

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

I dont think they wanna reply. :(

16. Senjiro

Senjiro New Member

I agree with loboram. To make RBF great again, all it needs is AP/DP limit per channel so low geared players can also enjoy it.
    Example: Channel 1 AP 150-180 DP 200-220
    Channel 2 AP 181-200 DP 221-230
    and so on.

loboram likes this.
  17. SacredEnslar

SacredEnslar New Member

We dont have enough players for it. 100 actives players on pvp, thats what I see has been months

Sleier likes this.
  18. Senjiro

Senjiro New Member

well, that's why implementing something that is a good idea. So it encourages low gear players to do pvp and you only need 4 players to start RBF anyway.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  19. loboram

I am an old man...so sure I have been alive for the 70's and 80's where that might have been a novel and interesting thing to do, but this forum is not a rap song, so all I really wanted was to make it apparent to you that this is not the place to try to impress complete strangers with a few swear-words :joyful:

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Welp, several of my friends quit already. Hopefully this update brings something else to the table.
    Or else the NA population will dip below the 1100's or worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.