1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best spots to farm for caphras ?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Elyann, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

Hello everyone ,

I just returned to Gamez after almost a full year of hiatus due to real life reasons , caphras were not a thing back when I still played and as such I don't quite know how to deal with them as well I still feel a bit clue-less about a couple more new things but I'll deal with those later on.
    As such I wanted to ask about what are the best spots to farm for these stones or about how you farm for them in general ( I'd have no trouble life skilling for them if it was the case ) . My gear score isn't amazingly high but it ain't bad either ( TET boss weapons , TRI boss armor pieces , welfare accessories from leveling or quests ) so I assume I should be able to grind in almost every area despite the fact pvp may be an issue for obvious reasons.

On an unrelated note , any suggestions about how to handle leveling from 64 to 66-67 as well ?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Hm, I am still a bit new to the game, however in my journeys I have acquired the most Caphras from the Naga in the desert. I wouldn't say they drop all the time, but when I was farming to lvl 62 I mange to get around 25 caphras. Now I know there is some sort of "bundle" that drops somewhere, not sure from what sadly, but it can give you 30-100 Caphras. (Personally I am still trying to figure out what Caphras do exactly besides selling for good silver lol). Some of my guild mates have acquired these, but again I am not sure how or where they did. I also noted from a video that you can also get caphras from chopping trees apparently? I haven't done it myself, but I've seen many BDO videos talking about it, so I assume so. I hope at least 2 of these things help out. If I do figure out how some acquire that bundle, I'll update the post lol. Also welcome back Elyann. :)

Elyann likes this.
  3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am not quite sure, but I think they might be refering to the rare spawn of a "running-away-Goblin" with a backpack full of loot. Never been able to hit him more than 10-20 secs. worth before he disappeared again, but then again my gear score is below 200AP. I imagine it would give good drops if in a 5 player party due to the increased drop while in a party, and of course that all have to remain within each other's "wifi"-like-signal-party-distance-maximum indication.

4. Kobasun

Kobasun Getting there

Caphras are used to enhance weapons/armor from level TRI and above. There are 20 levels of caphras enhancement at each level of the gear piece TRI-TET-PEN. So, for example, you stick Caphras into a TRI weapon, each enhancement level it will get small bonuses (like +1 AP or accuracy), if you manage to make it to level 20, you can SAFELY (100% chance) enhance it to TET. At lvl 10-15, you can try to enhance it the usual way, there already will be a decent boost to the enhancement chance. The counter is reset and you start sticking caphras again till you get enhancement lvl 20. Wham, you can now enhance it to PEN. And even on PEN, you can continue sticking caphras getting an even better weapon. A slow but steady and safe way to upgrade without fear that your gear will level down if usual upgrade with failstacks fails, or spending zillions on cron stones. The downside is that you need thousands of them all the way up from TRI to PEN, well, maybe it's faster just to save silver and buy PEN gear from auction. On the other hand, blacksmiths can extract caphras for a moderate fee (though only 85 out of each 100 caphras inserted), so there's a way to get most of them back if you change your mind or decide to enhance another piece of gear.
    As for the question where to get them, they drop off mobs and can be gathered once in a while. But the quickest way is to MAKE them - Simple Alchemy with 5x Ancient Spirit Dust and 1x any Black Stone (Weapon/Armor). Gather stones farming mobs, gather dusts by... gathering - trees, ore, plants, anything, they drop from each gather even at low mastery and accumulate quickly. Then you stick them into your gear (if you have TRI or better), or sell them. Hope that hepls :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  5. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Sadly at some spots this little sucker is running away and disappear inside textures so i wasnt been able to kill him ;/

6. Wraithhunter

Oh I see, I've seen the Running-away-goblins, but never paid any heed to them lol. That is really helpful thank you! My only powerful class is Mystic and only has 182 Awakened AP lol, so I doubt I will be able to do much against the rare version, but again good to know, thank ye Loboram! ^_^

I see, caphras will definatly help me out when I try for TET for my awakening weapon, thank you very much Kobasun, I might actually save your post so I can look back for future reference, just in case I forget about it, which knowing me, I probably will lol. and I also didn't know you can make Caphras using Simple Alchemy, that's actually really quick then lol. Thank you very much! That Is very helpful to me hehe, it will be a lot of work, but I'm used to a lot of work hehe. Btw, do you know if there is a quicker way to level from 62-67? I know there is some sort of quest that helps you with that, but not sure where the starting quest is.

loboram likes this.
  7. Kobasun

Kobasun Getting there

I'd like to know that too :) my main just hit 63 simply on mobs (the strongest of them being Shultz, Cadrys and skeletons at Soldier's Grave). And I only completed Calpheon questline from the "main" category and a couple of "suggested" quests, so some of the dozens unfinished should have XP rewards to carry forward. Or one could switch to stronger mobs like in Kamasylvia, however, I'll need better than my curent 210ish AP to do that, hehe))

8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Well the most obvious way is to get your guildies to help you out doing Altar of Valtarra Quests, that should yield you a few relatively easily won levels :)

9. Wraithhunter

Oh I see, I've heard of the Altar of Valtarra, but never was able to find it while trying to fill in the map lol. I'll take a look around and see then, and also ask guildies to help out if possible then. ^^