1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buff SD and Gathering A Suggestion Maybe even drop rates?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Jye, Sep 7, 2019.

?

Buff SD/Gathering

1. Buff

55 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No Buff

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Jye

Jye New Member

Buff SD
    So as the title states SD is very under tuned. A large reason a lot of the people i know came to Gamez was for the special deals aspect and being able to grind with friends and it be a viable source of income. SD was nerfed from 80% to 50% now to 30%, at 30% it is only worth doing SD in very high end places meaning new players cannot SD and it be worth doing. NOW before we go crazy im not saying rebuff to the 80% because yes this was very OP, I'm talking to a 50-60% maybe 55% meet in the middle. Just to allow people to grind with friends again and make SD groups worth it again, I do believe this would bring a few players back too as when we saw the SD nerfs we also saw a very large drop in player base! so would also make $$ for the server also.
    Gathering
    Since the caphra stone changes (being able to buy them with pearls), gathering profits have plummeted not only this but the drop rates of items during gathering was nerfed meaning the profits for time put in is way to low also the amount of silver you need to invest to get the life skill points up to enable you to get "ok" drops isn't worth the profit.

**EDIT**

if a GM reads this can we please get an official poll and a suggestion to Kolka/Carl. So many people want this change create an in game notification to go to an official poll made by a GM.

**Edit**

After a few comments about this im going to add this here too is maybe a drop rate buff instead of SD or a little off both! either way something needs to be done with our currents rates. SD % are almost playing on retail style silver income.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Vanlocke and damnrightuluvme like this.
  2. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

server was more active with higher % for SD. I fully support a buff

damnrightuluvme and Jye like this.
  3. oMasterchef

oMasterchef New Member

I support SD needs to be buffed because not only were people more active by out grinding, gathering has been nerfed so players really have no real source of income unless they are grinding high end spots,but that takes alot of ap that some players do not have. SD does not need a huge buff because it was if im not mistaken its at 35% right now for everything that doesn't sell but it needs a little buff to about 50%.

Choovanski, damnrightuluvme and Jye like this.
  4. Jye

Jye New Member

Tottaly agree anywhere between 50-60% would be perfection!! :) We would see such a spike in player base and also new players will be able to make gains and catch up!!

Choovanski and damnrightuluvme like this.
  5. muigordo

muigordo New Member

Just been nerf after nerf lately, I don't get it. It's a private server, its supposed to be fast progression but I only make like 1.5x what i make per hour in retail now lol.

6. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

gather nerf ? lul just u need a lot of mastery to get so much money, i have 1760 and x hr i got 300 - 400m and about the sd its fine u can't get more silver grinding in mediah spot than the full pen boi in sycraia or hystria.

7. Jye

Jye New Member

The fact that you need 1750 to make less money then what i used to make before the life skill masteries come into play is the issue. Thats billions of silver investment to get "ok" silver/ph.

SD is not fine, new players should be able to SD places like sausans and iron mine etc and make enough money to progress and catch up. At the moment the only people making money from SD like you said are end game players who are making silver to fund their alts... this is not balance.

8. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

Gonna leave this quote from Divinus on Telegram. Strong point he makes that supports this suggestion from tc:

I agree with the post. Server needs buffs to income. Too many nerfs have taken place. And the dev argument "go play retail 2 day u will heal" is not a strong point to make. Because in retail u can easily make over 100m an hour these days as well and just buy ur gear from the CM, which counters the only thing Gamez would have left to offer over retail: higher enhancement chance.
    In retail money per hour goes up, in Gamez it goes down, nerf after nerf.
    I wonder how this vote would go if Gamez staff helped announce they wanted to hear the community's opinion and shared the vote on their announcements page.

Elyann, Choovanski and Jye like this.
  9. Jye

Jye New Member

Totally agree, Retail has become so much easier and the fact is silver ALMOST easier to make on retail then it is here atm. They have added and buffed so many factors on retail which is only leaving games feel like a private server on the "enhancement" side of things. Yes enhancing is easy oh Gamez but enhancing isn't what people play this game for. We want to SD with friends we want life skilling to be viable many people enjoy life skilling. The fact is this server is beyond nerfed and in its current state the player base will not increase it will only decrease because if your not already all pen you aren't going to make enough silver to catch up.

SD NEEDS buffing and a big buff at that we need 50-60% sell out price and gathering/life skills need to be viable or the player numbers are going to keep dwindling.

Choovanski likes this.
  10. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

buff SD
    it will be back like old days. lots of people grinding everywhere. there will be enough liquid silver that people start buying V gear without premium offers again. will be good, back like when I got geared

let the new noobs have something like what we had. buff SD up from 35% to at least %50 if not more

let the noobs catch up. I want more big PvP guilds, I'm keen to fight em. let's let people make em eh?

Jye likes this.
  11. Jye

Jye New Member

AGRREEEEEEEEEED server player base will increase, people will be all over the map again, less scamming of premium trades, new players can catch up more guilds more guild wars like its a win win for everyone including a win for Kolka because he will get more $$$ for people using webshop.

The server would be fun again it not only buffs income and economy but its a quality of life buff for the entire server!!

12. FlakkaFiend

FlakkaFiend New Member

Yes please SD buff would really bring some life back into the server. The reason I joined the server in the first place was because things like the old SD system promoted playing with your friends but now it seems almost not worth it as you make a hell of a lot more from solo grinding. Without things like this it turns BDO into just a solo game for a lot of people and that's not the reason we choose to play an MMO.

13. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Also... Retail has s**t tons of events almost all the time ;/

Jye likes this.
  14. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

i don't know if u are a old member but time ago iron mine, rogues and sausans was a top tier for SD 400m x hr or even more sometimes, and a lot of high gs players fight that spots vs new people so they decide to nerf because of that, if they buff some sd spot and i can make more silver than grinding solo in hystria i going to fight that spots all the time.

Jye likes this.
  15. Jye

Jye New Member

Yeah man i remember this, i do not want them to buff it back up to the 80% as stated, which is what causes the new players to be pushed out. 50-60% allowing old and new players alike to make decent silver.

16. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

At this point almost 90% of voters wants changes...

17. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

The player population is ± 3000 on two servers.
    30 votes. It's only 1%. I don't see "the majority" here.
    I would not generalize too quickly.:cool:

loboram likes this.
  18. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

Yes. And Kolka will most likely just start another "oh but we buffed this, and that, and this" response and tell us it's never good enough. They overnerf things and then make smaller adjustments but the overall result is a nerf to income. Simple example for understanding (not fact numbers): they nerf something 30% then buff it 10% through adjustments. It is obvious that Gamez has been applying a downward trend to income for a longer time now.

Read back through the discussion forums, every other page has complaints about income nerfs or requests to buff rates a bit.

The majority will never flock to the forum. They came to Discord, but Discord is gone. And not too many people are fond of Telegram. If you want the majority to come here, Gamez should support this vote and help us announce it to the population in-game. But they won't ofcourse. Gamez wants players to stay hooked longer by making gearing take longer. And when Kolka says it used to take 2 months a year ago to get full PEN weaps/armor: 1) that's just not true, it took me 2 to 4 weeks at most. 2) noone cares about PEN weaps/armor, accessories are the longer stage of progression.

What Muigordo said is true though, on retail you can make a lot of silver per hour nowadays. And the gap between retail and Gamez income is nearly small enough to just make the decision to go play retail at this point.

19. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

If you have such cash, I congratulate you sincerely.
    I can even make you a cup of tea before traveling.;)

loboram likes this.
  20. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

White knight spotted.