1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can I lower the monster exp rate?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by dwodmots, Jul 3, 2021.

1. dwodmots

dwodmots New Member

Hey,

I just started playing, killed three or so foxes and now I'm level 7, which doesn't seem very fun to me.
    Can I set the monster exp rate to 1x while playing through the main story?

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

That is indeed a nice approach, and a good question.

I too feel as if the game is running Way too quickly, whether it is because the retail-BDO has it this way, or if it is solely due to the very high Combat Experience rate we have here on GamezBD, I am not sure.

I do however, Very Much Agree with you. I did put forth a suggestion, but that was years ago now, about making the Combat Experience lower on GamezBD, until you get to level 60 (or perhaps 56).

The Main Reason for this, is because you only get Skill Experience, from monsters who are within 10 levels of you.
    Which means that when you level up so insanely quickly, Most -if not all- monsters you fight, will only get you a tiny fraction of the Skill Points you were supposed to have, at the level you are at.

Unfortunately the "mainstreamers" (meta-gamers or whatever they want to call themselves), really just want to "feel" as if they are progressing quickly, although the game isn't really linked to Character Levels at all.

It is however extrememly difficult to change the minds of the mob, they are usually very vicious when someone is "threatening" their status quo.

But if you make a suggestion, in the Suggestions Section, perhaps add a vote for the management to see the reaction, I and others are sure to back the suggestion up.

Oh...Right...The question, I didn't actually answer it :D

"No, you cannot change the experience rate on your client, if you do it is a bannable offense, because you are tampering with the game, which you shouldn't do while playing here..." Think that is the right answer.

In any case; WELCOME to the GamezBD community and game...hope your stay with us will be a pleasant one.

dwodmots likes this.
  3. sweatyboy

sweatyboy New Member

Yes you can, using Premium Configuration.

@Laboram, why answer when you clearly don't know what you're talking about?

dwodmots likes this.
  4. dwodmots

dwodmots New Member

That sounds interesting. How do I edit this Premium Configuration?

5. sweatyboy

sweatyboy New Member

You can open it by clicking the GameZ logo in the main menu, or clicking the logo that's next to your mount/fairy/etc icons.

You need to have GameZ Premium to enable and edit this configuration.

dwodmots likes this.
  6. dwodmots

dwodmots New Member

That only lets me turn off exp completely. Well, I hope the admins enjoy their donation :)

7. sweatyboy

sweatyboy New Member

Apologies @dwodmots! I thought you could lower it, I was going based off my memory of the premium configuration window.

8. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

https://i.imgur.com/TvMAM1J.png

MMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes:

9. skarpz

skarpz Away ~ Forum Legend

You can lower it yes, with gamez premium, or just speedrun the questline like I did.
    Not sure if you want to do the entire questline but completing atleast Valencia 1 is recommended.