1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can't load my old characters files

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Aristha, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Aristha

Aristha New Member

I played in 2018 and before stopping I saved my character files. Now I want to go back, but I can't load the files. The game always closes, but no error appears.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello and welcome to the GameZ-network Forum community, hopefully your stay with us will a pleasant one.
    I believe that you are referring to the Customization folder?
    There are two folders in the Documents\GamezBD folder; Customization and FaceTexture. FaceTexture is for the Login screen, a portrait of your characters, in bitmap file format. The other one, Customization is the one that holds the character specific information, for how you altered the appearance.

I have no idea as such, but I can imagine that the files have been changed in the last 4-6 years, and you will have to remake them all from scratch. However I may be wrong, and you will be able to use the File-Converter (Retail Custom -> GamezBD Custom), in the Telegram channel that Koka has set up. It should be able to "redefine" the files, whether old GamezBD or Retail, and you'll be able to use them still.

Please bear in mind, that this is just a suggestion, and not a pruven (how it sounds) solution...yet. So if this works, or you find some other way to make it work, please come back here and let the community know how you did it :)