1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Character/Family name swap?

Discussion in 'Problems' started by ZilockeT, Jan 4, 2023.

1. ZilockeT

ZilockeT New Member

Hey, I'm a new player (been playing for like 3 or 4 days now), loving the game so far!

I do have one issue, though. When I created my character, I entered my name as "Larynda", then when I got the option to make a Family name, I used my normal last name, "Telenna". The issue is, apparently those names are backwards. So my character's name is "Telenna Larynda" when it should be "Larynda Telenna". Is there any way I can get the names swapped?

Thanks!

2. AreumHatsumomo

AreumHatsumomo New Member

Hi,
    In order to change the names you would need to go to the Pearl shop, which you can find on the top part of the main menu when you log into your character in game and then you have to look for the section that is called function and there you will find a character name change coupon (for the first name) and a family name change coupon (for the family name), these will have to be bought with pearls this can be earned for free while you are in the game, you do not need to do anything to get them, they are automatically given to you over time while playing or when the game is minimised (if you want the sound to be off while minimised, then go into the menu main select disconnect as if you are going to exit, but instead of disconnect select minimise to tray and it will stay in the background until you choose to return the game and go and do other things.

Hope this helps

ZilockeT likes this.
  3. ZilockeT

ZilockeT New Member

Awesome, thanks!

On another note, now that I look at it, that doesn't seem right (not what you said, how the game handles things). In dialogs, it calls my character "Telenna", which is my Family Name. Why wouldn't it use my Character Name (Larynda)? Is this a known bug or something?

4. AreumHatsumomo

You're welcome,

The game automatically calls your character the family name on default unless you change that in the settings menu, which would be from the main menu I previously mentioned and then select general settings, then show/hide and then scroll down a bit and you will see a section that says adventurer name settings and then you can pick always show character name

Then click on apply and then confirm

ZilockeT likes this.
  5. ZilockeT

ZilockeT New Member

Oh, awesome! Well, now I have the two certs and don't need them. Can I get them refunded?

6. AreumHatsumomo

Glad I could help

Erm, I don't think you can, but you might have to ask someone else about that because I'm not 100% certain

ZilockeT likes this.
  7. ZilockeT

ZilockeT New Member

Alright, thanks! You've been extremely helpful.

8. AreumHatsumomo

You're welcome, no problem, always here to help, hope you have a great day/night and a wonderful time in bdo, welcome to the community

ZilockeT likes this.