1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Current state of money making in Gamezbd (PVE).

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by YouWOTm8, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Should they bring old SD rates back?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

Am I the only one who thinks the current money making state of Gamezbd is horrid?

I have brought 4 friends into gamezbd a couple months ago and 3 out of the 4 have quit because making money in this server is atrocious for new players. Older players got carried with the old SD system and it seems the devs continue making things closer to retail every patch. I remember people buying PENs from marketplace for 1.9B for weeks. People don't play private servers to no-life all day like retail. Yea sure once you hit 64+ and have full tet/pen gear you can grind Manshuams, Basi, crescents, ect.. but as a new player it is absolutely abysmal (even those places the accessories can sit for days/weeks till they sell). You cannot solo grind comfortably because nothing sells in the marketplace since everything is cheaper in special deals. Don't even bring up grinding at Hex because I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than compete with a bunch of lvl 49s rangers on horses.

Helms: Guardian Seals and Scarlas. Seals don't sell, scarlas can be sold/melted. (Always contested by red players, with special deals nerf it's a joke to SD anyways).
    Manes: Shultz Belts/Necklaces are useless, don't sell.
    Shultz Guard Camp: Shultz Belts/Necklaces are useless, don't sell. (Always contested by red players, SD is horrible at most ~30-40m an hour hardcore grinding if not flagged on).
    Fogans: Seraps don't sell (can't be melted). They sell for 11m (5.5m ea in SD, what a joke). Always red players pking.
    Hex Sanctuary: Contested nearly 100% of the time by unkillable lvl 49 ranger/wizards on horses. Always pkers. Do they really expect everyone in the server to solo HEX?? Come on now.
    Fadus: Horrible loot, lemoria don't sell. Don't even bother with SD.
    Polly Forest: Same as Fadus.
    Crescents: Always PEN Red Players, impossible for new players to solo grind.
    Ronaros: 240AP+ Needed, not new player friendly.
    Manshuams: 240AP+ Needed, not new player friendly.
    Gyfin: 250AP+ Needed, not new player friendly.

Not to mention the huge jump in new players deleted all the boss gear from the marketplace making it even harder to gear up. Something needs to change.

The reason they removed the old SD was because "too many items were in special deals and game wasn't designed for it" but since it auto sells daily it wouldn't be a problem anymore. Special deals doesn't sit for days like before when it was manually sold.

New special deals ruined both solo grinding and SD grinding at the same time.

You have 3 single options as a new player:
    Grind Hex until you're a brain dead zombie (get pked all day).
    Collect books/relics for memory frags, extract stones from armor (horrible money/per hour).
    Run special deals (get pked all day and make at most ~30m/hour)

Remember this is from a new players perspective.

PrestonGarvey, Zvanes, Elyann and 6 others like this.
  2. Manlypants

Manlypants New Member

Your right in the sense for grinding for money is atrocious. everywhere is pretty much garbage unless u sit in helms cave for your entire life. which it seems anyone wants to do or maybe go to sausans but everyone wants to do duos for more money 200ap+. there are other methods of making money but its a longer and more tedious task and requires you to be mostly afk which is horse training just level them up breed them and sell then back to the imperial trader and rinse and repeat after a week or so depending on how you do you can make about around a bil but still dosnt compare to how others where making money like 4+ months ago when u could make 500m a hour just doing a simple sd like nothing .

raiasura and RevelationsOn like this.
  3. Desann

Desann New Member

yeah all you say its true,server hit 4000 players and will go down again to 2000 :))

YouWOTm8 and raiasura like this.
  4. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

You forgot 1 important thing, from a new player perspective.
    And that is nobody will take your sorry ass to SD party with your +15 green gear. Anyone will delete you from their AOEs while fighting others during PK and your damage output is too low.
    What usage you could have there is to loot. But considering you're a new player u might not have 5x Tier 3 pets to help SD party with atleast looting.

Feels good to be lvl 64 with all Capotia accessories but wearing +15 green stuff =))

They could give a hand to new players and mostly when they spent so many resources for the new EU server. What i mean by this, they could make TRI weapons and armors for 2 weeks/1 month duration.
    Well that would help the new players by a lot.

5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

The high paying SD only lasted around 1 or 2 weeks btw. before that it was pretty much worse than it is now.

6. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

Yes I am aware, but even without the "auto sell" you used to be able to sell many more things in the marketplace since they weren't 4X cheaper in special deals.

The new SD rates genuinely make no sense. Makes people not want to SD and the few that do/can make it impossible to solo grind. If you SD everything will sit until it reaches 25% of its value which is then divided again by 2 players minimum. You end up getting 12% of the items value ANNNNDDD ontop of that they lowered the price on items to begin with... You have players generating less income which just slows everything down to the point people don't even use the marketplace because things are so expensive there.

With the higher rates/prices you have people generating more income which will in return make them more willing to buy expensive items from the marketplace <-- this is a win win situation. I legit don't understand why they changed it, all it did was ruin the games economy and is making people quit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  7. BlubblerNuggets

BlubblerNuggets New Member

I just started playing for 3 weeks. This game feels like nothing to do. Can't solo for money like retail because nothing in market sells and SD doesn't make a lot also. I make the same in retail almost than here. I feel like I have to play all day to get a bit of money. My friend tells me he is sorry because it was better before :(. Better deals would be nice. I wanted to get premium but not sure because money seems very slow. I don't want to waste all day like retail for money.

8. PolyPharmacy

PolyPharmacy New Member

New player here as well and I fully agree. No one wants you in sd parties because your ap sucks. Can’t solo grind anywhere because sd parties will just murder you. Boss fights aren’t rewarding because you don’t do enough damage because pen people do it for an easy 100mil. Afk money is tough with trade disabled and it takes a long time to get a worker empire.

Sadly the best way I found to make money it increase energy and gather shards lol. It is really hard for new players to make money I am stuck at +13 gear and weapons are pri.

9. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

Howdy!

I'm a returning player to GamezBD because of the news EU is hitting us (and also because I am a retard who used an alternate email for his first account that he totally forgot most login details about) and I've started fresh to get a feel for how the game has evolved over the past few months that I was gone. Getting money is what most people wail about continuously and it seems to me that most of their complaints stem from the fact that they're trying to do what others do and/or not fully comprehending the possibilities/don't know the game that well yet.

Basically what I'm gonna offer here is some insights on how to turn that money-frown upside-down. In the week or so that I've been back, I've managed to make enough to snag me an Offin mainhand and get it to +15 and full dura, a PRI-TRI Grunil and Bheg's and plenty of bank coming in.

False

In under a week's time I've amassed 207 CP and 110 energy and I could've gotten alot more if I had played all the time and/or used energy mules. A single character trucking through the story and picking up quests and dailies that coincide with story missions will get you to that point. Remember that by default, 75% of the content in game is hidden to minimise clutter. The first thing you wanna do after loading in and completing the tutorial is pressing O to open your quest log and activating the ALL option in the lower left hand corner of that window. The world will open up with more possibilities. Same with the Black Spirit, check his quest list under Suggested and Recurring to find useful boosting quests too.

Basic necessities like grains, meats, and mats are, unlike as on retail, always in demand. It takes you around 10-15CP to set up most of the potato, wheat and barley farms around Velia, Heidel and Calpheon. Grains insta-sell on MP due to high beer demand.

Horse training Takes literally no effort on your part, and selling horses doesn't have to be a pain, just go for 30, breed em' dry, sell to imperial, 50-100m a horse, skip the horse market altogether.

As for more hands on stuff, meat, which you can get practically anywhere. There's goats near Lynch, the Saunil battlefield, over near Soldier's Grave, you name it. Hards/sharps plus instant selling meat. Dried fish, just sayin' all; those pets don't waddle around on fumes. Pretty much any gathering/processing cycle from hides to fish is in high demand on MP because most people on here either don't know their toenail from a profitable market or they're self sufficient and have no need to participate in the economy. The hards/sharps alone are plenty profitable and once you start needing them yourself, you can easily get them and mats you can get from melting most gear that drops.

• Tool Production (melt gear, get mats, make tools, get rich)
    • Wagon construction (Check the Altinova wagon workshop, Merchant wagons can be built for practically free and sell like solid gold hot cakes with all the horse trainers)
    • Pet Feed production
    • Life clothes production

Boss scrolls like the Ancient Relic Crystal ones are a good option too. Don't sell the shards, but instead, gather those friends, pile 'em up and do the scrolls, grab the memory frags. Selling those should net you a good bit of money. Also, getting in the habit of running scrolls and possibly keeping some frags will allow you to enchant your stuff yourself, without having to squirm for cash and buying it pre-enchanted.

If any of the above methods feel like "too much work" or make you "meh", then BDO, or this server specifically, may not be for you, I'm afraid. These methods are part of the many options you get besides trading to make money, and let's be real here; Of all the methods to make money, trading sucked the hardest ;)

I hope this will help y'all get on your feet. It shouldn't be too hard, just avoid the common pitfalls; DO NOT:
    • Grind 1 to 64 and expect you're good to go for a Sausan/Gyifn SD
    • Skip the story/black spirit quests
    • Get yourself boosted and ending up hitting like a soggy noodle because you only have 750 skill points at level 60+
    • Focus solely on hitting things in the face and expect big money
    • Think that the all-PEN army had it ezpz because of that one SD slipup, we had to buckle down and do the "boring" stuff back in the day just as well, it didn't come overnight
    Now quit the poutin' and get crackin'

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  10. PolyPharmacy

PolyPharmacy New Member

Thanks for the suggestion but everything you have suggested i am already implementing. While i agree they are ok sources of income it is nothing compared to what you can make when you have AP to compete. It isn't wrong to ask for catch up mechanics especially since historically it was easier to make the funds for pen and now it is harder. Main reason i switched was to acquire end game gear in less time and effort. Not saying i need pen now just enough to compete at bosses to get end game drops would be appreciated. I also didn't start new to just gather everything or afk money as a main source of income. Main source of income should always be active grinding first. Most people save black stones, memory frags, etc. for their own enhancing. I am actually not upset about the income so much but more about where the hell do i grind. I enjoy the combat the most in the game. Due to the overcrowding and SD groups it make it extremely difficult to find good rotations at common locations for money. Hopefully the EU server alleviates this problem. But, part of the problem is either things sale or don't and if the item don't sell there is zero reason to grind at the location that leads to crowding. Minor fixes could easily change this opening up more locations to grind at.

GekiritZ likes this.
  11. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

I may have quoted you but the reply was generally directed at any new players looking at this thread wanting to make money, any money, at all... Despite others having a lot more, base MP prices see little inflation due to how the system works (changing MP prices drastically changes other mechanics like Cron stones and leveling fairies), so a billion here is more or less the same billion in retail. We can all agree that actively grinding is always the fastest way, but just like on retail, not all of these methods are readily available and may only become available if you invest money first.

That said, it oughta be obvious that just opening more grind spots wouldn't help a thing, hell, part of the reason why this server got set up is because we were sick of the endless grind, but still. All it would possibly do is another round of Darwin selection where you'd see the PEN people at the top spots and then the TRI-TET folk right below that, robbing new players of their grind spots before they were even properly put in.

Nah, solely looking at the original post, I'd say it's because freshly registered players think all they can do that's worth their while is grind and that it's instant satisfaction that they're after, when there's alternatives and a little bit of extra elbow grease to consider ;)

loboram likes this.
  12. kenpache

kenpache New Member

OK, BDO is an open world PvP game, its core mechanic is you can fight against another player outside of safe zones,

as you little SD statement I will give you a slice of knowledge https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/491074871586062347/499008055900504064/unknown.png You can make 200-250 mill an hour at Abandoned Iron Mines. the secret to SD grinding at iron mines is that 2 of you go 2 separate rotations one on top the other on middle rotation. your money comes from the quantity of greens, forbidden books and enhanced gear.

If you want an alternative way to make silver, Gather for hards and sharps and sell them, easy as hell, 80-180 mill an hour depending on if you have a loot collection scroll active.
    Besides if you hate the server that much because of soft and hard cap players, play the EU server on the 12th where its a total fresh start for everyone

13. PolyPharmacy

PolyPharmacy New Member

I don't think anyone hates the server. They just want it more approachable to new players. Also i personally am very familiar with abandoned iron mines and there are SD groups here that do kill on sight as well. I personally don't want to gather as a main source of income and i know i will eventually need the shards so i don't sale them, also this highly depends on energy/characters and how much mind numbing gathering you can do. During the week is fine at least for me, just on the weekend due to the overcrowding i think it is really rough for new players. I wouldn't hurt though to see them open up more areas for effective grinding to give more options and spread the population out more. But, i think the new server will help a ton so i am just waiting to see

14. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

Untitled.jpg

[​IMG]As EU player i can say that during my grinding time (8 PM - 11/12 PM - GMT+2) is pretty easy. During that time most of NA players are not in game since is mostly middle of the day and they are at school/work.
    If i cant find SD teams i use the gear from drops to upgrade the Fairy and from enhanced gear i extract the stones.
    With accessories from, lets say Fogans, i enchant them to DUO or TRI and equip them on my alts. What i do with those alts? Get them to 60-62 with DUO - TRI green stuff and the accessories i got from drops and put 1 alt at Karanda, 1 alt at Kzarka, 1 alt at Bheg and 1 alt at Dim Tree. This will help me by a lot since i will switch to the alt that is already there and i start stacking damage and until full PEN vets will arrive i will still have a decent amount of dmg dealt to get a chance of boss loot.

loboram likes this.
  15. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

GekiritZ already pointed it out. but...

1. This is a private server
    2. We get free pearls already
    3. A little effort is really needed for everyone
    4. If you join a good guild with some old players from retail / official or here in gamezbd they would help out for sure and give their own guides which pretty much the same as well as what everyone mentioned here.
    5. WAY WAY Back before, SD was not even used and mostly players go solo. It's heck better nowadays than before (last year to be exact and the few months after the out of its beta).

loboram and GekiritZ like this.
  16. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

I think you missed the point. You're giving me a slew of life skilling stuff here, the post has (PVE) in the title. Also there have been many "slipups" in the past. Like when people were croning pens for 70 crons. Also before the capotia updates it was a lot easier to generate money solo grinding because seraps and other stuff would still sell.

You mention, scrolls. I already covered it in original post. <-- Not to mention every other darn Cartian/Relic scroll bugs out into the floor. I had 4 out of 10 crap out on me a few days back.

Also all you veterans seem to forget how Forbidden books were selling for 2m forever along with many other items. It's so odd to me that they decided to not only nerf SD to 1/4 but also drop the price of stuff in the process.

The only reply I'm getting is doing SD basically. What about solo grinding? Not everyone has a friend/partner they can SD grind 24/7. Also most people do not like to life skill. This is a pvp focused game.

Yes you can still generate a decent amount of money in SD but they basically closed any other form of decent money for people who grind (most of the population). You can no longer solo grind because it would be stupid to buy something for 18m you can now buy for 4m in special deals.

17. Chozen

Chozen New Member

You are so right mate. Wish more people understood this. I tried to push the devs to realize that their game is growing a lot each day and these new changes are not "new player" friendly. I joined the server when things were not like this and I was able to progress very smoothly. I can post stuff in MP and they would sell, I could solo certain places, do SD anywhere with a friend.... now its like I need 2x the time to get what I used to get before. And people switch to a pserver to reduce the grind.

I hope that they can find a solution to retain new players, as they will be the future of what Gamez becomes :)

18. Vixious

Vixious New Member

I'm struggling with silver a bit too. Trying to get into the horse scene despite it being very boring (I really don't want to afk... let me play the game and do well please)
    Any place I can handle , the drops are so over-saturated that I may as well vendor whatever I get for peanuts because it's not gonna sell on the MP. Places worthwhile are contested and therefore a very slippery slope due to gang mentalities in guilds.
    Furthermore, you start out with no horse, no pet, no friends. Gotta wait ~5 1/2 hours to get a basic 900p pet or a few days for the "starter" kuku bird pet from login rewards.
    same for t3 mount on rewards... starting out on this game is somewhat of a slog. Retail gave me a t3 horse, some furniture, a VP, and a pet right from the start (I had to buy the game to play it).

I quit retail to come here and enjoy the higher rates but everyone is saying that imperial horse delivery is super good for money despite being friggen boring as hell. Nobody cooks. There's no trading. I can't even find the quest fairy for a fairy summon for another +1 luck. I think I am just confused about what is and isn't in this version and why the devs here chose to make horse training a thing over other options.

19. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Your missing some quest regarding the fairy.
    I would agree to all of you guys honestly regarding what you are requesting but buffing up the SD and stuff for silvers would ruin the server. The trade life skill was disabled for several bugs reason, selling those trade items you'd see trillion prices in MP perhaps and may break the game itself.
    Cron bugs before? And so? Where are those people? Perhaps they already sold their accounts to someone. Putting that aside, the PEN items, over flowing stocks of accessories in MP why does that happen? Because no one barely needs those OR have lesser silvers.
    Your issues were brought up already in the discord channel as I could remember, I think it was answered by laredel or someone else from the gameznetwork staff.. But hey and then again, this is a private server. Do you really want to make things SUPER EASY?
    Most here suggested about the horse breeding because its the best way for AFK guys but if you want to be an active money making then gathering is the key as you can get a lot of hard and sharp shards with the item drop scroll you get from the 90D Value pack = 4k pearls.
    it's not bad to suggest and share opinions but from most of our point of view (even from some newbie friends I know recently for a month or two), they are satisfied.
    Some though are saying the SD should be buff as you guys were suggesting but if you think about it, what would happen if making money would be SUPER easier nowadays?
    Do you think those accessories would sell out? Those Pen items in MP would sell out?
    There would be an absolute scarcity on items. Everyone noticed a decrease on cooking and alchemy/potions nowadays that is because 1yr old players decreased and those are usually the ones who does life skill. (Im about 10month old though).
    What I am suggesting is rather than just grinding pve, explore the game. That's why there are these life skills that should make the game not boring and just grind and grind all the way.
    I used to be just grind/sd for silvers but when I noticed that gathering does make you tons of silvers + cooking + selling alc stones, I decided to mix up a bit my routine and getting to know more about the life skills.
    Once you hit all pen gears (Except the accessories), what would you focus then to do?
    Nothing, just make money for what again? Nothing just make money, see the point? If it was going to be all easy to get silvers, there will be a lot of flaws.
    IT would be just the same old pvp games out there. Anyways, I am not pointing out to anyone of you but this is just a point of view from someone playing on the server for quite some time.
    Hitting all PEN would be just the beginning, the accessory enhancing to PEN would be the hard part to be honest since Fail stacking here you rarely get 100+ unlike in retail.
    So back to the topic, I think that is the reason why they tend to change the SD rates from time to time.

GekiritZ likes this.
  20. Villain

Villain Proficient

What is SD?
    *edit*
    nevermind

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.