1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Daily Quest Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Whis, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranzi

Ranzi Lamora

Good idea.

2. Whis

Whis Proficient Forum Legend

I don't want to hide my self on a 'FAKE RANK'.Choosing easy path is boring not deserving to the TOP and at the end it will cause to your own death/Banned LoL.

3. qwewer21

qwewer21 Getting there

no kaldor schedules??

4. Whis

Hmm you can suggest map that you want to go pvp. It's only a Example :).

5. ar.binx

ar.binx Reverse-Flash

SO op trololol

6. Gilldartz

Gilldartz H¥þε.

Well you are completely right about the possibility of the abuse. But instead of think in solutions most of the times ppl show the possible problems without any solution or good reason for it... Just stop to think for a second... everything have problems some of them big some small even retail have bugs / abuse. This looks like an endless maze of crap, bullshit and fear / laziness to try something new in this server ! thats why we dont have arenas (such great areas of pvp...4 diferent arenas...), UPDATES / BUGS GETTING FIXED, and many other good things that could be implemented to make the server grow again or at least to ppl have more fun in game... if it were not the pinoys this server would be dead due to the large amount of players leaving. you guys are there to make things better not complain about every decent idea, also there is a hierarchy what means you shouldnt complain with players since they cant do shit to change anything... players complain with Staff members not the opposite and AM with SAM and SAM with HGM..................

Whis likes this.
  7. Whis

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)Indeed(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

8. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

If you were a staff member you'd think differently, my dearest. Every single idea that gets suggested, when presented to the public, players think "this will be a great way to PvP" but staff members who have seen greedy, childish abusers abuse even the air they breathe, have to think about every tiny possibility where players can abuse said ideas.

That being said. I want to remind every single one of you that "custom" NPCs, quests, or whatever else you think should be created, are created by the admins, not the HGM, not the SAMs, not the AMTs. So save your anger since our job is not to "make things better" by creating things, it is to "make things better" by giving you solutions to problems with things we have in our hands, and making custom quests is not something we have on our hands. If you find on obvious statement of the truth to be "complaining" and not just thinking about the obvious, then boy oh boy I'd love to see you be a staff member and having to deal with thinking about every little detail in your work.

If our effort looks like "bullshit and laziness to try something new" then I suggest you take a look at our events section that has been filled with events since over a year ago that you for some reason have been missing, and mostly our news and announcements section to see the solutions we have come up with to temporarily fix problems until someone else decides to fix it for good. We have been without an update for however long, and all we have tried to do in the past is work with what we have since we are not getting any update, let alone anything "custom", until an update comes our way. We have done forum events, ingame events, forum-based ingame events like Wanted or the DPS event, we have changed the server's PvP map (but not the players' mentality) so calling our current staff lazy or saying they complain when they state the obvious, is the last thing I will tolerate from you.

"Complaining" aside, and to answer OP properly. I think this is a good general idea but with adjustments. However, as I mentioned, we sadly are not the kind of server where anything we think of gets implemented instantly since our ideas have to pass through the admins and we do not have updates every week to implement them through. I myself have been thinking of a way to move the PvP to the older maps and obviously Heiron and Beluslan are classic picks. I will still be thinking of different ways we can somehow put different maps in the picture, even more since some players here have embraced this idea, but possibly without having to depend on an update or anything custom. Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Ryden, Astriella, Whis and 1 other person like this.
  9. Gummybear

Gummybear Bad Ranger

i think its not posible..

10. Gilldartz

Gilldartz H¥þε.

Some of the staff members are doing a rly rly good job... some others not much but ok we have so many that the good ones we have supply the others... my point wasnt only for staff members... the focus were the admins cuz they say what you staff members are able do or not. and we all know HOW THEY ARE DEDICATED TO THE SERVER.. GIVING SO MANY EFFORTS TO MAKE THINGS BETTER pff .
    Also tons of events supply for a while / a few ppl and we can clearly see many great events and fewer players joining them... Some of you are actually working a lot !!! we have some OP events that came from the game it self but cuz of the bugs they dont work properly so this good staff members are bringing them as events nothing to complain about that only(clap)(clap)(clap) but even events like that get boring cuz they need an staff to execute it... and we dont know when they are about to happen... if the game hadnt so many bugs they could be working well and you guys focusing in some other things...
    And yea i know only admins can do some things ... but we all remember what Ari did with HGM power and now we have Puddles with more power than HGM.................
    Also i dont want be a staff member cuz im here to have fun and be a staff member isnt that good in my point of view and no one is forcing you to be in these positions ... that were your own choices so dont make me undestand your situation cuz even i knowing it were you guys choice be there not mine... not my problems.. and if a staff member chose be there ok just do your job in the best possible way.

11. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Ari had direct contact with the admins and nobody in the middle to filter his ideas and then have them go to the admins, and that has changed in our current case, I don't know if you are aware of that. Events-wise, I cannot disagree, he has done the most popular event the server has ever seen and many other fun events I personally enjoyed aswell. But there were contacts, tools, and other solutions Ari had available to him that the current HGMs do not have (since this looks like a comparison the way I read it).

12. Purell

Purell - Forum Legend

We have zero access on fixing things. I don't understand how many times that has to get repeated. If pvp is what you're looking for then go run around in kaldor or start a group and take it to the older maps. I've seen plenty of players starting groups and going into the older maps. Our powers are really limited, even you should know that by now. Complaining to me about four arenas that before even gp existed they weren't even being touched, and as far as I know most of the NCC are still currently bugged. Don't you dare blame us for that too when we've already requested it to be fix a dozen of times. Like Dimitra said "If you were a staff member you'd think differently, my dearest. Every single idea that gets suggested, when presented to the public, players think "this will be a great way to PvP" but staff members who have seen greedy, childish abusers abuse even the air they breathe, have to think about every tiny possibility where players can abuse said ideas" We've gone through so many changing rules, removing portals, and removing npcs just so players would stop abusing.

I understand that everyone is frustrated that there are no updates or wondering what is going on. Believe us when I say we all are frustrated, as well. I myself worked on new ideas to make mix fight active again for the next update and it has been 3 months still waiting IF my ideas will be implemented. I get that everyone's bored of the dress up events or the drawing events. There use to be a time where the server didn't require staff members to spam events to please there players, but a lot has changed and we just have to deal with it or make best to what we have.

Astriella likes this.
  13. Gilldartz

Gilldartz H¥þε.

to bad that things changed due to our current case... but we have puddles there... right ? i hope so...

i dont blame you guys... i know you all have limited powers now more than ever... like Dimi said..
    i know we never touched the other 3 arenas ... but imagine they working well... omfg
    and is rly good how some of you prevent the bug abusers but for every great change or idea will appear bigger problems but for everything we can find a solution and that is the point we must arrive.
    also i know how you like to pvp and hear you think in changes and fixes for mix fight is rlyy good but like you said you guys need permission to do some things and a few times only Admins can do the changes... i've seen Lautaro around the forum and game a couple times in the last months but if im not wrong he work in the website and forum and we all know who "work" in the game and the community didnt hear and see nothing from him have a loongg time when he came up to do some update that didnt changed much for us. too bad you waiting 3 fucking months to know if your ideas will be implemented........

@Dimitra i still think we must move forward and not backward... the old times were great but our biggest problems are the players mentality like you said... ppl want a thing that wont be the same as past was...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  14. johnziel

johnziel New Member

APPROVE IT YEAH YEAH YEAH
    :p(peace)(peace)(peace)(peace)(peace)(peace)(peace):p

15. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I don't disagree, but you cannot compare the server's great times around when Ari was HGM, to right now, even if it has to do with the mentality, which also changes a lot when you have a small group of people compared to a bigger one. The server still had players, even Lumiel was not struggling, and even though even then it was not a full server, it was not as bad as now (also his old position to my current position differ tremendously). People have left the server not because of "lazy staff that complains" but because updates happen twice a year. And that is something that trust me, every single staff member disagrees with. None of us see players have nothing to do ingame or die for the new items or activities and sit there laughing and rubbing their hands with an evil grin on their face. However there is no way we can change that, which is why we resort to spamming you with events and temporary fixes to thank players for still being here even with no updates.

Now to address this openly, and since I was even unsure about how possible the execution of this suggestion is, I had a talk with Ari and he himself confirmed that making custom quests like the ones suggested is nearly impossible due to the complications and massive process until the content is created and even if it is, custom content's "conservation" for it to be kept forever is even harder. So you probably should refrain from thinking that we can actually make custom quests. Like I said we, as staff, always try to find ways of using what we have to bring people fun and change PvP to new maps, but if it involves creating anything custom, as Chris said, it takes a very long time to even receive an answer about its current situation so we ourselves even cancel it as a plan before we even ask about it.

Gilldartz likes this.
  16. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Biggest problem you can see in this thread on how ideas are entertained goes either ;
    - A player presents an idea
    - Gets told it can be abused or impossible to implement instead of getting a help to think of a way to minimize the chances of it being abused or to make it possible to implement. This thread being the best example of this.
    - Regardless of how much the idea's positive things outweighs the negative things, it still gets rejected whether it's possible to do or not because of the few players who can "abuse" it completely neglecting the more players who can actually use or have fun with it. Crucible Arenas being the best example for this case.

Or

- Gets told the idea is suggested for personal gain then rejects it without any logical reasoning besides "it is for personal gain so no".

You can't just respond to an idea presented to you with something along the lines of "it can be abused so no" without saying how you think it can be abused because that completely shuts down any form of discussion and without any discussion, you cannot refine the said idea presented to make it less prone to abusing, make it possible to implement or refine it to the point where both players and staff will be satisfied and get both parties to agree that "yea, it's not a bad idea and it is possible, let's try it out".

Proceeding on how to make it possible and less prone to abusing, it doesn't have to be an in-game quest. It can be an event where players have to provide proof similar to Hunting Week event. Now, you cannot tell me "this can be abused" because the event I mentioned is the same, it can be abused as well but it has been one of the longer running events in the server. If players abused it then you simply punish those players accordingly. Like someone has already mentioned, not everyone is willing to risk their account for a few consumables. For the most part, the number of player abusing these things are so little compared to the number of players making use of them or having fun with them. This is one of the biggest problem for a long time now. You guys seem expect ideas to be presented all ready to just get implemented without having to adjust anything on it and always neglecting how much the positive things outweighs the negative things.

It is one of the factors as to why so much has left the server, because the few abusers are given more attention and importance over the rest of the players which far outnumbers that few abusers.

I've seen mixfight in this discussion a bit as well so I'll take the chance to add this one up as well. You can even do this so that only mixfight kills will count. This way you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You are able to host a new event while helping revive a dead battle ground that you cannot fix or improve yourself due to lack of access or power, whichever it is.

Whis likes this.
  17. cocosul

cocosul Guest

i m not complaining about any staff member, but srsly just perm ban any abuser u find, i mean this is the real solution for...not disabling things. no doubt that the 1v1 portal spawn once at every 2 hrs cuz of this thing too, but this way of solving problems is not that good.

18. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I'm not sure you understood me. Custom quests cannot be created. If they ever are and I was completely mistaken, I apologize beforehand.

You might wanna read the following, seems you have missed it
    This thread has made me and @Purell specifically discuss a few ideas that would promote PvP in the older maps and probably change it as time passes and we are even now testing how to implement them. This suggestion was not ignored, instead it gave us a push to come up with easier ways of turning the PvP around. So please, do not think that "any good idea gets rejected" or "nothing gets implemented".

And oh boy you'd be surprised. That's all I will say about that.

You are basically saying that we should make a general event where people get rewards every X kills. That means that we, as staff, should be checking every single kill to see if they were setup, check both accounts to see if they are the same person, constantly monitor the posts and generally live on the forums everyday to see how many more people have been killed since a ton of kills are made everyday and obviously people will be posting those if they are told they will get rewards for simply killing people. I'm not sure what server we're both playing on, but from my point of view, and with some of the players we have, this sounds like an abusive, chaotic mess. Do this all in mixfight? Even more chaos, since with the use of the name Fighter, kill proof can be so easily abused and concealed.

If a suggestion that can be abused can actually be implemented, if the abuse is not hard to monitor, it will be done. Same way I did Wanted with the risk of people setting up kills, same way I did daily forum Unscramble events with the risk of people using word Unscramblers, and the list goes on. But if an idea gets suggested where it's much for players to abuse (and for us to monitor) than it is for "fair" players to enjoy, it will not be considered, or alternative ways of implementing it will be thought of (much like a risky investment, where the cost of risk is worth more than the investment itself). And trust me, alternative ways were discussed. But nothing will work. Should you find anything else that does not involve us monitoring every single kill made in a map everyday, my inbox is open.

There are easier ways of putting PvP to new maps or getting rewarded for your kills. It doesn't have to be an active event that requires staff to eat and sleep with their forums open. I'm not quite sure why you are becoming so defensive over a certain idea that is obviously very hard to execute in any given way, when I have specifically said that we will be trying to find easier ways to make some maps active again. Mixfight? I have been thinking of ways of making it active for months now with nothing being an absolutely great idea, and @Purell has been asking for custom boxes to be implemented for.. over 6 months.

19. cocosul

cocosul Guest

well i m talking about crucible arenas. i got it about quests. u all guys should insist more to admins for doing things, at last to give u some power for fixing things.

20. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Disabling the arena portals was a temporary thing because one particular legion was abusing them constantly (you may thank them for ruining the fun!). We did not say we will have them disabled for the rest of our lives. I'm not quite sure why everyone is assuming that and going crazy over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.