1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Damage Reduction

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mystearica, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowtox

Bowtox Proficient

Ok i'm ranger and i have to say I loved insignia since I could solo 2-3 people at once and loose 30%hp, well that's maybe because I got many abgs but still I don't see how ranger gets raped if I can now tank more than 1-2hit from sorc and templar or chanter cant stunlock me to death.

2. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Templars AND gladiators pwn rangers since it'll take even longer to shoot down a glad.

I can't even imagine having to face two -_-

3. Bowtox

Bowtox Proficient

It also means they cant kill you as fast as before, use focused evasion get away from them, use potions, hide, buff up and rape them when their buffs are off...

4. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Rather you get the facts right, you will mislead people by bad information.

5. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

bowtox have you been reading you are doing 300-600 damage without glad and temp using buffs... if they use buffs you damage goes to trash. it will be 100-300 range if they use buffs. When are you going to take their 12k - 15k hp down? in like 10 min?

6. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Well normally I kite, but survivability was basically not getting hit for me.

ABG temps and glads are in general hard to take down. With more of a reduction, it's gonna be an absolute pain.

7. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

8. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

It's 20% damage reduction I hit over 3500 with aganizing arrow now I hit 1500 so it about 55% damage reduction. If you didn't play go play now and see. I have abg+taha fused +10 and all abg jewery set so don't tell me I don't have pvp gear.

9. Bowtox

Bowtox Proficient

So the dmg reduction is 60% now, right? It used to take me 2seconds-2minutes to kill a glad/temp, now it's gonna take 5seconds-5minutes - don't see the problem in that...

10. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

It's going to be 10 min or you die not taking them down.

11. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

=___=

I'm so tempted to close this thread.

12. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

They still have higher damage than us and they are buffer and their def is just godlike cause you got damage reduced lol.

13. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

This isn't about the insignia -_- while I misread the update due to me skimming it, the changes are still the cause of why I made this thread I still stand to lowering the damage reduction.

10% difference between here and retail may not do a lot to constant DPS, but to burst DPS, it has many negative effects.

14. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

What burst? Their is no burst kill for rangers anymore since the reduction.

15. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

And that's exactly what this thread is complaining about :tongue: except for sorcs. And it isn't NO burst, it's too many skills needed for a burst to have enough damage.

16. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

If you're just talking about sorcerers (since that is your main) your concerns are misplaced. In retail sorcerer's skills have been individually nerfed (that is, received a pvp reduction on top of the 50% everyone already gets) in pvp. This is not the case on Gamez, so the extra 20% reduction everyone gets is the perfect compromise.

17. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

As far as I know, only the 4k DP skills were nerfed beyond the 50%. The others just had their base damage lowered, but not by a whole 10%, and it was only a few selected skills.

18. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Regardless, my point still stands. The 50% (passive pvp reduction over all) is something EVERY game with a heavy focus on pvp (that also contains PvM/PvE) elements uses. The general pvp reduction is not a nerf, it is balance. We simply raised it to 60, where we had it at 40 before.

Considering we had the addition of 1.9/2.0 skills added in, and full stigma learning...this balance is more than necessary/welcome, and it is certainly better than having everyone stock up on insignias.

19. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

I understand the point you're making, but the 10% is too much, is what I'm saying. Just because every class has every stigma, it doesn't mean that it will raise their burst DPS on a scale that a 10% nerf is required.

I was against the insignias and not completely against this update; just asking if it could be lowered to 50%.

20. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I think 50% is unreasonable, due to everyone having full stigma access. If we went and reimplemented the stigma system, then I would totally agree 50% base reduction would be great, but since people's offensive power (especially sorcs, lol glacial shard) has been amped so high due to full stigma tree learning, the only way to add balance in is create a slightly higher full reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.