1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Damage Reduction

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mystearica, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clumsy

Clumsy Getting there

Hey Sanctus, about wot kind compromise are U talking about, since Gamez Aion got updated to 2.0 everything are going against sorcerers, even when there were smaller dmg reduction every Sorcerer had to deal with lack of mana, despite using pots, food etc.

but now in my opinion its piece of shlt, U complain sorceres were making too high dmg ? aw well mabe thats why mages are called Damage Dealers in
    EVERY game.
    Too bad each skill has big cooldown, not even talking about casting.
    When we re fighting sins or ranger, chanter the only problem was to get under theirs stun spam to make 3-4 skills and kill them, but now wot ?
    I have to make 10skills on em ? tell me how ...

This is epic fail of Gamez Aion community and theirs stuff, since I was always very patient for this server's buggs, crashes now I cant be anymore.
    Cuz it isnt server's fault anymore it is all bout your stupid decission.

Shame on you GM's.

If it have to stay this way I want all my items to be exchanged for others class. Lets Sorcerers excition began.

2. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

While I agree that sorcs' output damage is higher than they should be, you have to think about the other skills that are affected by reduction :p

It wasn't like glacial shard could 1-hit everyone - you had to build up and prepare for it or else it would just be healed off and you'd have wasted a 1 minute CD skill for nothing.

Playing a sorc is all about building up and using high dmg skills when you're going in for a kill, which is why they have such long cast times. My problem here is that with that extra 10%, it now costs many more skills to make up for that damage that should've been there. I wouldn't mind if glacial itself was nerfed seeing as everyone is complaining about that, but not every skill should be affected like this.

3. Rucbeth

Rucbeth Expert

Ah you love the advantage of your class to ranger sorcs dont ya? ^-^

4. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Guys let's not get this thread closed xD

5. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

No one is forcing you to stay here. ;)

I'm sorry Sorcs got balanced out so they cant insta-snipe people for easy AP/kills. The balancing was deemed necessary. The reasoning for this has been made excessively clear. I unno what else to tell you other than to Adapt, because it surely isn't the end of the world.

*sweep sweep sweep*
    Some of you guys really know how to make a mess on my forums.

6. Clumsy

Clumsy Getting there

Well tell me wot is PvPin about now
    if not about reflex and who attacks first,
    now PvPing will be more boring than ever just clicking skill after skill pfff

7. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

Forget it it's pointless. They don't give a dam anyways.

8. Clumsy

Clumsy Getting there

Sort of noticed, dunno wot is this thread all for, I think Gms have to make a survey If they count at least a little with wot community has to say

9. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

I've tried to adapt... and this isn't the end of the world for me but probably the end of Gamez. I've never spent as much time on the forums as I have until these things with damage reduction started popping up. Even if it was just a nerf to selected skills, I probably wouldn't have cared... but a global one is just too much.

Not to spark up another argument, but right now, if we're talkin about sniping kills, I'm sure your biggest worry are rangers. Sure that might've actually taken care of rangers as well, but they hurt assasins, rangers, and sorcs altogether. Many people don't know what it's like to have to fight classes with MR or classes that can burst you down the second they escape a CC.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if the stigmas are that much of a problem, then just put a stigma system. That would have much more reasoning than to add more reductions to PvP damage.

10. andre91

andre91 Getting there

OMfg i agree with u man. this ****ing sucks -.-' now i cant even kill a glad maby a ranger if im lucky lol. seriously this isnt makeing thing better this is make things worse.. it it will stay like this im leaveing.. or they can make so that u can armfuse 5 weps in 1.. so that u maybe can do some dmg -.-'

hope they get it back !!! wonder who came up with this idea lol

11. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

Yea my ranger does only 1500 damage with the most strongest skill to a ranger how pathetic...I Spent many credit building the ranger and now what's the point? it became useless paper. It used to be paper cannon now it's useless paper.

12. Montalban

Montalban Proficient

It's so hard to kill sorc now.. than before...

and now ranger too can run away... unlike before one stun only they are dead..

too imba. :D

i don't know why they complain...

13. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

alente did it because there are so many rangers on the server...
    rangers can kill the enemy in 2 seconds BUT the aion is so similar to real life..
    we almost dont have sinx that pvp on the server
    well not many sinx = much more rangers...
    much more rangers= not so many sorcers=many glads

with insignias assassins will realy disapears from pvp areas..
    what gonna hapen?? more rangers and more glads...

14. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Insignias are gone, but in their place, there's permanent 20% less damage to everyone.

15. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

You do realize that Aion (retail) has always has a 50% blanket reduction, right?

Gamez adding in 10% extra, and giving everyone full access to ABG/Full Stigma kind of negates eachother.

I'm done with this thread, everyone feel free to bicker and complain amongst eachother, and report any posts that get too flamey/offensive.

2 people like this.
  16. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

i hope this explains a lot to those who did not understand

17. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

so no i think they can fix assassins % buffs^^ like devotion, killer eye, shadow rage, shadow focus, dealyt focus^^ must increase assassins atk in 310% ^^ with full buffs u cant even get 100% extra atk xD

18. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Yes I realize that, and I've made it clear.

People come to a private server to play because they don't feel like $15 a month is worth it. Donation is supposed to be charity - not a way to get ahead of others.

ABG is not fully open to everyone as you need vote points, and those who donate can get ABG much faster than those who don't.

I'm trying to get this part of the update reversed, and will gladly give my reasons. I'm also stubborn as well so it may frustrate people, and if that's the case, I'm sorry.

19. darboy

darboy Proficient

So this is why Atlente made Damage Reduction- because of rangers....

*Goes crazy* hehehehe rangers.. rangers..... hehehehe IS THAT REALLY IT? HE JUST DID IT FOR THE RANGERS NOT THINKING OF US?!

and yet people who have posted for more then 23 pages- have one conclusion - "This sucks, Why, what should i do"
    Iam adapting to this situation, i know it sucks, but a game is a game, be happy =.=
    but yeah to be honest i wish it would just be 50% not 60% (Whos asking for my opinion?) Me.

20. andre91

andre91 Getting there

i will join the fight with you hate this update if u can call it that i rather call it downgrade.. it aint even fun to play any more and i play this private setver couse i saw what it did.. and now its like retail aion lol now i could go and pay for the shit instead.

i hope u will lose all the donators now u atleast lost me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.