1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Decisions decisions...

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Alente, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PivotNoir

PivotNoir Proficient

i'd say implement it, who cares~ at least fair-play players wouldn't give a damn &.. add this

too.. + those who are cursed cant use any stigma skills :cool:

2. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Proficient

so will a sin/ranger in hide appear then or not? kinda curious :)

3. Guille

Guille i am chillermo Forum Legend

You would be happy being a sorcerer if they appear :3.

4. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

Why is there so much ridiculous QQ by aion "pvpers"? What the hell is this word "zerg" that you guys keep using.. this isn't starcraft. Getting ganged 6 on 1 is part of pvp. Pick yourself up, dust the sand out of your panties and get some revenge. You guys in aion get butt hurt over every death since you lose ap >.<...
    QQ the enemy faction sees me
    QQ i can't use rifts
    QQ i can't do this
    QQ i can't do that
    icanhas lowrankednewbieburger?, icanhas lowlevelnewbieburger? icanhas ungearednewbieburger?

I don't know what a pinkie is (other than the thing on my hand/foot) but If it was upto me, anyone that killed 1 player with an ap difference of 200,00 (eg. army 1star vs rank9 soldier) should be slapped with a non-dispellable 60 minute debuff that gives -50% attack, -50% defense -50% move speed, 100% more ap lost if killed, and sure.. for good measure, light em up on the map, make em glow in the dark, and while you're at it, silence them for a few hours or they'll probably moan harder than millions of women will tonight.

Also.. put this same debuff on players that aoe kill in safe zones....
    [/rant]

5. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

6 people isn't a zerg, I've posted this before but this is more towards what we are talking about.
    [video=youtube;MWJZ7V54NfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJZ7V54NfM[/video]

Nobody really cares that much about AP, it's a trivial thing really. We just can't stand when we go out to have a fun time to pvp against some players and we can rarely get a legitimate fight that doesn't involve us being blown to pieces by overwhelming odds.

Also Pinkies are players 10 levels or below you. Their names appear pink to us while our names appear purple to them.

1 person likes this.
  6. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

I might be completely wrong here but from what my old eyes can tell, you're in ingi with a handful of people and you're an asmo yea? In the other mmo's I've played, the side with less doesn't go into the lions den. I'll tell you a little secret to never getting zerged. When you're outnumbered, stay together, and stay near your safe zone. this is not sparta. If someone makes a concious choice and effort to go into the opposing factions zone.. what are they expecting to find? ******** lollipops and rainbows, everything that's wonderful? of course not. I know you want pvp.. but if there's 2000 ely's that want pvp also.. then let them come to you.

btw. cool video and awesome music :) reminds me of the time the red ants got me when i was lying on the beach... you win this round ants..

edit: really? the word sun shine is censored?

1 person likes this.
  7. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

This is effectively what creates this so called zerging in the first place. No one wants to be alone so everyone huggles together like penguins and PvP becomes a cluster of red dots.

8. kimoralii

kimoralii Proficient

wonder what would happen if a bunch of pinkies went to inggi/gelk and ran with the zergs... then lots of people would be cursed.

lol.. or is this only going to be implemented in the lowbie areas? did i miss any post like that?

9. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

um yea... this is pvp as i know it by definition.. 30 of us.. 30 of them.. may the computer with most RAM win! 30 v 30 pvp is chaos, madness, nearly impossible to coordinate, aka AWESOME. Sneaking around lower level maps, killing weak players.. cowardly.

This is the kind of pvp i'm used to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NbTuUxbnDI
    I am not promoting the game or the server at all. This game SUCKS compared to aion for 1000 reasons, .. BUT this is pvp as I know it. Isn't this what you guys want? or you really like roaming maps with a few buddies killing the 1 or 2 people you run into.

10. dontlikepvp

dontlikepvp Gungnirs

i thought this only circulate around the curse of killing pinkies?zerg is out of the topic

11. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

Zerg is kinda out of topic yes.. but what people are saying is.. if you show someone on a map, people will call for zerg and this will end pvp... since already there is too much zerging. My argument is that zerg IS pvp and if one faction calls more, the other faction should also call more and then we will have big pvp.. not just a couple of players roaming around killing level 45 players.

12. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

[video=youtube;lx1EwJZrllI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx1EwJZrllI[/video]

There really is no such thing as killing lowbies here, and if there is, it is a rare thing to be seen. Heiron & Belu & Morheim & Eltnen are as usual PvP spots as Inggison and Gelkmaros are, you don't go to Belu/Heiron expecting to find lowbies.

2 people like this.
  13. dontlikepvp

dontlikepvp Gungnirs

thats wht u get for killing lowbie,u can choose whether u want to kill pinkies or not and dont tell me u dont have a choice.

14. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

I understand the point you are trying to make, but it doesn't change the fact that it makes the pvp shit. Aion is such a complex pvp game, to have it resorted to playing a game of ping pong with whoever is last gets killed by whoever has the most ranged attacks is such a shame. Of course zerging is a concept that exists in hundreds of games and well basically human nature, but if we can recognize the problem we can make progress to change it. All players want is to have fun when they go out and pvp, and if we have the ability to alter the world we are in, why not?

lmao @ the ants part, if only that was what it was like. You are attempting to outplay and outhink 5x yourself in a game that you could die in 4 seconds from full hp just by one player.

Well Aion is a very heavy game, I mean shit, I can barely reach 60 fps on the high quality graphics away from people, imagine when I am in a zerg like that? What's the fun in letting a game becoming whoever has the better PC wins? I love players like Tykimik who get critical acclaim as one of the best gladiators on the server; and he has a simple PC at best. He shows that skill can outperform specs.

Games like that, they are built for that kind of pvp. I counted what, 12 skills? I think my gladiator has 72 different keymaps all coordinating with a different skill that is required to be done at a certain point in time. If we make that a general assumption of 72 skills per character, that would be 576 different possible things that you have to look out for. The pvp can be so complex and fun, leaving it to become a game about skill and not something that is easy to master. Anything more than 5 people in your group vs whoever, it basically becomes skill spam to kill, there is no burying roots, no switching to the cloth to leech then switching back to the plate to lockdown/root then KDing the assassin with a 2k dp. Anything over 5 people in your group, it is, run in, piercing rupture, exausting wave, then gtfo before you die (hope you avoid those pulls bro).

1 person likes this.
  15. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Not sure why I left this open!

The core issue, Cursing, has already been decided.

For those too lazy to read what will happen is those who kill excessive amounts of lowbies (pinkies) will find themselves marked on the map for all to see. This mark gradually fades over time.

Killing one or two pinkies accidentally wont give you the mark but going out of your way to grief new players will land you a Curse and probably a zerg shortly after. There's no fun to be had in camping lowbies for 10 AP =p

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.