1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do Pearal Abbys mind this ?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by jameeldark2012, Feb 3, 2021.

1. jameeldark2012

jameeldark2012 New Member

Is this server legal ? do the owners of BDO mind ?

2. bigtablecloth

bigtablecloth Getting there

Who is pearal abbys? This is gamezbd, not bdo. Two different game.

3. jameeldark2012

WDYM isn't this a BDO's private server ? did they not use the same game and built upon it ?

4. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello, we host a packet processor programm which uses own code and own database. You are able to connect to it with any method what u want, mean u can connect to it with own coded game client, or with windows console u can send packets to our packet processor or u can use BDO client, in last case technically you will broke ToS of BDO official website.

5. jameeldark2012

Hi , i get what you mean that it's safe and such but , where did you get the files of the original client ? don't tell me that you have built the game form scratch ? it's nearly impossible to do it ? .

I'm not making an investigation or something i just want to make sure that by playing in your server i'm not helping some else to take the ownership of someone else's work and that is unjust !

6. Kolka

When u play on server with Pearl Abyss client u broke ToS of Pearl Abyss. As i told we not publish game client, we only host packet processor, game client players obtain from p2p (peer 2 peer - its in launcher), public hosts where people share files to each others, like mega, gdrive etc. If u not have own coded client of game and want use BDO client and want not feel like u helping some else to take ownership of someone else's work then we recommed to you buy BDO client in steam (after it u will solve own feelings) and after it connect to our server.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

they do mind but from what i have heard its basicly use of ToS loophole that allows this GameZ server to run
    i believe they tried to take this server down but with no success because of that loophoel
    so be chil and enjoy it here

8. Kolka

Its not loophole like sometihng unfair. Look for example artisan sell knifes. Is it fair if he say: Ok my ToS is u not allowed cut anything instead of my partners cheese. If you cut meat with this knife then you broke my ToS or if he sell you cup and u not allowed drink milk from it. Water - is ok. But my Tos not allow you drink milk and not allowed you add honey to it too. I think its not fair. Yes big corporations lobby own interests that why such ToS we see nowadays like buy game and play only on our server. But we try make it bit fair. You buy cup so we allow you to decide, drink water or milk with honey cuz its your cup now and you must have choice.