1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Does that mean eu servers?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Icemourne, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Its exactly as MadKing said. Many of us have spent countless hours of grinding to get geared. I have done too many things here on NA and i suppose most of ppl done even more than me and those ppl wont like to start from scratch and abandon all money and time invested on their NA characters. Ofc we all do appreciate that initiative, but for most of ppl leaving all the progress they have already done might not be worth being able to do node wars.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Winning, NakedToast and raiasura like this.
  2. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

Seriously this is exactly how I feel. I can't believe they aren't even open to discussion and reply to us with "decision is final". This feels like a huge slap in the face for all we EU players have contributed to the server. We don't have a choice if you now fully consider NA to be NA with NA node war times.

I don't hear much about the reasoning either. Is it the trouble/difficulty of transferring our files? Does it cost you extra? Is it the income you'll gather from fresh accounts having to invest in your webshop again? Any word?

I fully agree with Madking. I truly hope you reconsider. This decision and the attitude around it is really damaging your reputation from the EU point of view.

Winning, NakedToast and Ashkelan like this.
  3. Vrykal

Vrykal New Member

I don‘t understand the flame about „no transfer“. This Server has crazy rates and you will get your progression back in no time. All veteran players here collected their experience to progess even faster on a fresh server. What about the SEA release for phillipine players? They werde happy about a fresh Start and better pings. I like the idea to Start from squetch :). Be happy about new servers and join the Race to Full PEN

4. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

Yeah it's easier to get gear here but that doesn't mean it takes no time at all. It still is a huge time sink.

Screenshot your gear, energy&conquest points, workers, value items in storage and your cash shop investments. Then we'll talk about you not understanding our disappointment.

5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Its like. "Hey, Join our International server. Wherever you are from, you are welcome. We try to find solutions so everyone can at least have the best experience possible."
    1 year later "Hey, we now make another server on another continent that is probably closer to you and provides better timetables so you can actually enjoy the content. But btw, the server you play on now, haha, This will be changed to a pure region based server. So go eff yourself and start fresh losing all the progress and money you already spent to us. But hey. We will not close the webshop, you can just buy it all again."

6. Rares

Rares New Member

You are seriously saying that no one is forcing us to move? I think you haven't tested the ping from EU to your NA server, i consider that you are forcing all of us to pay again the webshop, i understand the ''fresh start'' ''all start from scratches''.
    But whats the difference about giving the people who bought things in NA with cash (like me) if in EU we can do the same i mean i wont invest again money in the webshop to have the same thing as in the NA server i think this is a robbery. Im agree to start all from scratches but delete our NA account and give us the cash we invested.

xMovingTarget and raiasura like this.
  7. kaiida94

kaiida94 New Member

So if I bought a Unicorn mount on NA will I get him on EU Or will I have to repurchase him?

8. Rares

Rares New Member

You have to repurchase it. ''There will be no transfers and that's final.'' Noyah said this.

Ashkelan and xMovingTarget like this.
  9. Luckylooser

Luckylooser New Member

and pls dont forget that the old player pay the money for new servers not the new

Ashkelan, Fiko515, JoseMnez and 2 others like this.
  10. Vrykal

Vrykal New Member

Where is the point to check my gear? If you don't want to lose your gear and progress - stay on NA. No one forces you to switch servers.
    The SEA release is the best example. Most of them played on EU/NA servers before and started all over on SEA. And btw.. it's just my opinion. As I said, I like the idea to start from scratch and play with people at same level, gear and progress.

11. JoseMnez

JoseMnez New Member

In general, they do not refer to their Equipment (gear), they refer to losing things bought with real money

12. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

+ gear
    + Energy
    + Contribution
    + Titles
    + items
    + mounts
    + level
    + guild(including guild points)
    + invested cash $$$ / Items bought like mounts, outfits, compass/map. (not usable items like transfer coupons)

Making and advertising this server as international. than screwing all the people over after the fact by changing it from international to NA(Which is the worst timezones anyways looking at it globally) is what makes me annoyed about it the most. Without any options than either suck it up and get screwed, or get screwed by losing all progression. May aswell wipe all servers so everyone starts from 0 and has a reason for a choice.

Winning, Ashkelan, Nanum and 5 others like this.
  13. JoseMnez

JoseMnez New Member

I understand you, but at least what hurts me most are things bought with real money

Rares likes this.
  14. Berinima

Berinima New Member

I personally love the idea of a fresh start server and I am pretty hyped for the EU release. I have also already donated $110 and wouldn't be too mad if that turns out to be gone. But that is only me, I have been only playing for two weeks, not a terrible amount of progress has been made and I would see the "lost" money as a friendly donation for this wonderful project that made me enjoy BDO again.

That being said, I can understand the frustration of veteran players from the EU that now feel forced to either lose money AND time or have to stick to a server with bad ping and unconvenient siege times. I fear that if no compensations are being made players on both servers end up being unhappy. EU players that choose to stick to the existing one simply have to live with worse circumstances just to keep their gear and cash investment and people that choose to reroll on the new server which probably won't be very well populated for quite some time.

So here's a suggestion, instead of offering a server transfer right away, refund the donated cash to the account if the characters are being deleted. Then offer character transfers a couple of months down the line. So people could have a real choice here, they could stick to the existing server for a while and decide later to join the new one to not lose their progression or they could start right away but would at least get their cash currency back. I personally doubt that a lot of people from EU will reroll on the new server if they lost their time AND money and invest both again, so it wouldn't technically be a huge loss for the devs in terms of income.

That's just my two cents, I still love the devs for what they do and hope this server will run forever! Cheers!

Hummlebien and raiasura like this.
  15. Rares

Rares New Member

Luckylooser, is right we ''The veterans'' ''The old players of this server'' WE are the players who donate without US you wouldnt have a EU server and now you want to pay again 300$ in the EU server. So thank you for you fair treatment.(Joke, the treatment is trash)

16. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

i totally agree with Berinima , this won't be huge loss for dev's , they will gain the respect and trust of their community, retail made a lot of mistakes and gamezbd is different and should always be different, idk why noyah said it's a final decision without considering the opinion of the players they invested (money) in game , i do respect ur work but i also do remember this sentence "they way bdo should have been" , the option berinima gave is really great, i would really love if u re-think about this decision. best of luck

NakedToast, Hummlebien and raiasura like this.
  17. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Plz guys dont screw it as kakao did... Honestly, if you make EU server with "no transfer polic" i suppose that only 500 players go there. Others who have achieved something here will stay and you will need to close EU at some time anyways.

18. Vrykal

Vrykal New Member

I get the point about losing your real money. At first you donated to help the server - not to get stuff, so I did. But I agree with you that people want some or all of their real money for the EU servers. Maybe they do some 'tranfer police' for real money or donated money.

19. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

So if i understand this correctly. After all $ EU ppl have including me have paid to support server. We will get big slap in the face with EU comming out? "No one is forcing you to move", that sounds realy rude to ppl who were contributing money to support server, all that most EU ppl wanted were node wars based on EU time. I hope that you are aware that new BDO priv is launching soon and if you keep being blind to what veteran players say they might have to chose start from scratch here or at other server?
    MadKing has already proposed bunch of sollutions how to make acc transfers more fair to new players.

raiasura, Hyleos and BDlydNa like this.
  20. BDlydNa

BDlydNa Getting there

So EU Server is good for all the F2P Guys that don't care and for Newbies, but those who actually Support you and helped to Fund the Server are kinda screwed. Stay on the Laggy NA Server with impossible Node War times or switch over, start from 0 and buy all the Web Shop Stuff again. This is just so wrong and feels exactly like Retails Cash Grab to me.

Winning, raiasura and Hyleos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.