1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Down Smash Resets

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Megalex, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Megalex

Megalex New Member

Bug Name:
    Down Smash Resets
    Bug Description:
    In retail BDO there is a way to circumvent the 2.0 CC limit by using down smashes. Down smashes have a 30% chance of success regardless of the cc limit, and that chance can be increased with skill addons.

In retail, if someone hits the 2.0 cc limit, they become immune to all cc types for 5 seconds. However, if after a knockdown you are lucky enough to land two down smashes, the 5 seconds will have passed and you will be able to cc them again before they are able to recover from the down smash. This is known as a cc reset.

The link here explain the down smash reset mechanic better than I can: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...jMg6UKD7LQDxYrVjM/edit#heading=h.bah5wzzfc0rr
    Under section 10.4

The problem is that at least for Awakening Hashashin this doesn't work. Over months of playing with Hash and trying his reset combo in Gamez, I have not been able to get it to work once. However on retail it works after a few attempts which leads me to believe this is a bug in Gamez.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Reproducing the bug is difficult but you can try to do the combo multiple times in retail and in Gamez to check if it works.

The combo for Hashashin is:
    Shift + E (grab)-> Shift + D (Dash right) -> RMB -> S + LMB -> Shift + F-> S+ RMB -> S + F (first down smash attempt)-> LMB (second down smash attempt) -> Shift + RMB (third down smash attempt)-> Shift + A (Dash left) -> W+ RMB (Sin splitter - This is the part where it bounds the target and cc resets) -> Shift +D (Dash right) -> RMB -> S+LMB. If the target didn't resist any ccs, he should still be knocked down with the S+LMB skill at this point, and should not have been able to get up. during the course of the entire combo.

The video below demonstrates the cc reset attempts in retail and Gamez.

https://streamable.com/hloxui

In the Gamez clip the first down smash lands successfully, however the second and third down smashes attempts do not. The second down smash has succeeded for me once or twice in months of playing. Even when it did land, the target wouldn't be cced with W+ RMB (Sin Splitter) afterwards.

Obviously the cc reset is not supposed to work every time and the two clips are a small sample size, but based on my experience on Gamez getting 2 down smashes seems to be much more rare than on retail, and even if you do manage to get 2 down smashes which rarely ever happens (imo the 2nd down smash occurs much less than 30% of the time on Gamez), you still cannot cc reset the target.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  2. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

Jeez. why would anyone here ever want that? Seems like an absolutely cancerous mechanic. Would make evasion Hashashin even more busted since the combo would be even longer. Usually you can oneshot people with a few skills, so I don't see any other useful application for this feature outside of already OP Evasion builds. But let's see if this gets traction.

3. HiImLampcat

HiImLampcat New Member

New to the game? Reset mechanics have been a thing ever since sorceress got awakening on retail many years ago. Only a few classes can do it, as they're strictly combo-based classes that needed extended combos to kill (on older system, not the one-shot meta now), but it's a core part of the kits for those classes. Ranger is another class that excels in it. Not all classes can or should one-shot.

4. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Must be fixed in this morning maintance. But u should use correct timing to do that.