1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Expand Town Storage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Plata, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Plata

Plata Getting there

Hi,

I'd like to suggest that the maximum of storage space gets expanded.
    192 slots aren't much and when people willing to spent pearls to expand it further I see no problem by doing so.

Or maybe add a cashshop item so you'd even earn a few bucks. Idc.. just want more storage.

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I do like your idea, however I will point out that you can use all the storages in villages/towns/cities, which means that with a minor logistical management, as well as using Transports, you can have up to 19 x 192 storage space.

3. Plata

Plata Getting there

Yeah but I like my "important" items in my main city. I already outsourced my cooking/alchemy mats to Olvia/Heidel so both are full with them. My workers operate from Calpheon.. so that storage is already full too. All trash items I may have a use for in the future go to Port Epheria.. and so on.

Just want the devs to think about adding a possibility to expand beyond the 192 slots. May it be with a cash shop item - after all it won't hurt anyone and server could make some more profit. Sounds like a win/win to me.

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Once again, I have to warn against making this server project into a "Cash Whale Attractor".

If the management wanted to do this, they could So easily have setup a system, right from the start, that would outrageously award players who have cash to spend, over players who do not.

Luckily they have not...so far. I do not know what the management of GamezBD wants, or where they are headed, but as far as I know, they want a Black Desert Online version, that is as retail-BDO as possible, but with the tweaks that make it a whole lot better for the most amount of players.

More and more suggestions have arrived of late, that are All about "how to buy your game progress", instead of just actually playing the game. I don't think it is alright to reward players, more than they already do, just for being able to spend cash on a computer game, where most players are simply unable to, But when they Can donate to the project, then it means So much more, because they are literally choosing between something really useful and worthwhile in their daily life, Or to donate to a computer game project. Please understand that most of the word; "The latest global data tells us that 85% of the world population live on less than $30 per day. These are 6.5 billion people." (https://ourworldindata.org/higher-poverty-global-line) don't have enough money, to spend on other things than the most basic living conditions neccessary.

Rent, heat, water, electricity, sewage, food, ensurance, transportation, and that's it. Not included is money for clothes, or going out in any way shape or form, or electronic devices, or even money for childrens education, or daycare, let alone doctor's appointments or hospital bills.

I am not sure to whom I am talking here, or why the number of "Please let us pay-for-progress" player suggestions have grown, but it is not a good path to take, especially if you want to have a retail-copy where everyone has to play to get what they get.
    I know it isn't very nice, but to me it just sounds like rich brats who just want to buy their way into whatever, like they have experienced all their life, because their family is rich they get to point at stuff and just get it. I know it is simplified, and I know that it isn't that expensive here on GamezBD to get a leg-up so to speak, but it shouldn't be a common place thing, as other money-grabbing-scam-private servers out there. This server-project has been at the very top for all this time, because they haven't been running a scam, like pretty much ALL other sites out there have.

Alright...I am going to let off now...I know that adding a few "Quality of Life" items to the GamezBD Webstore, might not be an entirely bad idea. However, it will create a massive problem and divide, between the players who have played their way through it all, and those who joined later on and got it all for "free" (time=money or more accurately time=life).

5. Plata

Plata Getting there

We're talking about storage space not black spirit dices, skip knowledge/adventure log or stuff some other real advantages people suggested.

You can already buy web cash -> pearls -> expand storage. It's already give that you can expand the storage by using money.. basically.

Just want an option that you can go beyond. Either set the limit up for everyone, remodel the storage space house in towns give (more space in storage + expand limit), webshop item.. there are so many ways.. but to sell that the devs I suggested a webshop item.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021