1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Failed to init security

Discussion in 'Problems' started by lexeo, Sep 14, 2018.

1. lexeo

lexeo New Member

Hi all, been trying to beat this error for a few hrs now but with no luck tried Noyah's idea's on common errors and solutions page but still getting the same error.
    I've tried theses fixes so far none work for me sadly.
    • Set exceptions for Black Desert Online folder in your antivirus, firewall and windows defender.
    • Create a copy of official BDO folder, rename the folder to GamezBDO and point gamezbd launcher to that. Rename version.dat to config.filecheck - it forces complete file check for corruption and requires the files that are corrupted.
    • The installation includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005-2017, Java, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight.
    So yeah im out of idea's anyone else have this trouble in the pass and find another fix let me know thx.

2. icaro

icaro New Member

i think i have the same problem. I click on play at the launcher. Then the game starts at fullscreen, then it goes to a black screen, and then it crashes and open up the launcher again

3. lexeo

lexeo New Member

Mine's different, I get no fullscreen or anything, all I get after I press the start button is the smartguard launching icon and then the Failed to init security icon...

4. Akuaa

Akuaa New Member

yeah im having the same issue

5. lexeo

lexeo New Member

Well I give up, I've looked all over the web for a solution but they all say the same thing Noyah said in the Common errors and solutions page and a few other options but they didn't seem to work so I don't think there is a fix for the people that are having this issue pitty I've never played bdo gonna have to wait for it to come on console's I guess.

6. fizer6

fizer6 New Member

same problem here