1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fear Succes Rate

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Faik, Jan 11, 2011.

?

I dont want % 100 fear rate.

1. Yes,I hate SM s and fear cars. :P

78 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. No,I love to be zerged by one gladi and a SM :)

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Even when there's no SM around? now that's weird. ^_^

Anyway you're not supposed to just charge head-on a zerg. That's just retarded and is always expected of gladies. Which is why I always find it funny when I see a glady charging first into a zerg. He clearly doesn't think much.

2. Rxz

Rxz Proficient

sm's > glads & ranger
    sm's < cleric & sorc

is how it's supposed to go.

3. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

o wait wut?
    We have AOE's to sit at the back and use on the empty bricks right?
    Glads should be in the front of the battle. and charging in is more fun anyway. well nowadays it isnt lol

and tbh. i wouldnt even call 1 vs 6 zerging

4. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

I was reffering to Fighters stacking MR to avoid fear...I don t care about casters never played in my life nor i will ever. I feel range-chars are for sissys(huhuhu joking) only once in my life i played an archer then it was always a melee fighter...I do read though a lot about them and how to avoid get killed

And again i don t mean waste all ur slots in HP 95---Get crit 440 or better 480. Then add a bit attack 5 then hp 95.

Chain stacking MR sux....

5. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

Actually in mass pvp it s beter glads remain as a backup at first, and when the battle starts for good and ppls hp is low rush in with aoe

6. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

It s far more complicated than that and rangers...are supposed to be good against casters because have time to act be4 getting feared or nuked

7. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

totally wrong.
    if cleric survives fear chain (which is not easy to do) or SM makes a mistake: cleric > SM (SM and Sorc are anti Cleric (anti mresist) classes)
    if ranger knows how to fight casters: ranger > SM
    if assassin has good ping (and again knows what hes doing): assassin > SM
    Sorc <> SM (whoever lands CC 1st + sorc has elemental defense buff to fight casters)
    Overall: in 1v1 situations SM can beat any class. In mass pvp they're not as powerful as you think.

Edit: i know what this thread is about - those who QQ want to keep their shiny +crit and +attack (or +hp) manastones and still be able to beat everyone. So just say honestly: I want "I WIN" button.

3 people like this.
  8. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

And SM's don't have a "I WIN" button now? because thats basicly what fear is

1 person likes this.
  9. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Fear is the only thing that is keeping the class alive. It may be an "I WIN" button but it wouldn't have been like that if the spiritmaster didn't stack MA stones and sacrificed on some other stats in the process.

I created an MR set on my temp and sacrificed some stats, now I don't have a problem dealing with spiritmasters. What seems to be keeping you from doing the same and just keep on whining?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

If u r refering to me too (you said Hp).

First of all hp is not consider so shiny...If we were to start selling manastones the Hp 95 would be among the cheapest...
    I never said there is a remedy to pwn everyone all i said is that stacking HP 95 is far more usefull than MR 14 cause HP is good vs all
    but MR 14 only vs 3 classes

SM is a very nice and usefull class certainly not to be underestimated....I learned to uderestimate only templars cause I either can kill em or get away from them if they r stronger/better(yes unlike the majority I don t think i m the best player in the world!!!)

I agree that sms can beat any class but can be beat by any class too

1 person likes this.
  11. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

lol, your post aren't rational and it is not what I am expecting from an AM.... lmao!!!
    especially your edit post, it's just like everybody else's post.... seems like you're up for flaming those who dislike that stupid fear skill...

1 person likes this.
  12. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I would love to see fear nerved but you simpely can't.
    you'll make the entire class ready for delete cause it will be worthless.

1 person likes this.
  13. marchee

marchee Banned

14. Zelrant

Zelrant 30 Seconds to Kill. Forum Legend

Im a glad, and whenever I chase a SM I switch to sword and shield w/full MR then change to my spear when I attack. Sooooo, Im quite ok with fear BUT what I don't like is their substitution skill(where their spirit takes the damage for them).

15. Rxz

Rxz Proficient

pets hp got halved so, earth tree has 10k hp now. dunno if spirit sub is supposed to last 3 mins though...

it's how I experience it playing an SM. never met the low ping sin and only a handful rangers really know how to play against a caster type class, most of them just rely on blasting away their burst skills. a good cleric outheals whatever damage SM's throw at them whilst resisting their skills, unless they get fear shrieked but even then if they're lucky enough can survive that. sorcs = whoever throws out their first contract of resistance or fear skill..

Anyone skilled enough at their class can beat any class. I saw a templar from <WeLoveKpop> take out 8 of us solo, so..

the only thing you can really do to stop ppl from complaining any more is to just make fear work as it's supposed to work, not decrease the success rate..

16. Kisra

Kisra /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Forum Legend

cheon or kky ??

17. iceweaver

iceweaver Sati Saigan

Right. A spiritmaster's trademark skill is his ability to cast fear, potentially disabling his opponent. I also beg to disagree that fear has 100% chance to land; it still depends on Mresist. so technically that's makes the skill IMPERFECT.

Those who QQ that they are feared hundred percent of the time should be informed that prolly that is the case because they have generally lower MRes than the caster's MAcc.

Please, stop complaining and if you dont wanna be feared, go get into an anti-fear suit.

Understand that we are basically toggling and juggling with our stats as well so as to land a hundred percent chance to fear. so please, do something on you rend and dont just complain.

there are soooo many ways to kill a cat. you just have to find one that suits you.

18. Rxz

Rxz Proficient

it was kky :(

19. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

fear is not resisted if you glide, its effect is cancelled along with glide (closing your wings and making you fall) and this "feature" not working if you glide during flight (own retail experience).
    I'm half tempted to allow players to move during fear (player controlled movement), i'm aware that its not how its supposed to work but its not possible to make server controlled movements without you falling under ground atm.

P.S.: @Calith - i'm curious about your legion announcement ^^.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  20. iceweaver

iceweaver Sati Saigan

I agree. in situations where you can just blast away with fear, debuffs, and DPS, almost all the time, a Spiritmaster can outwin every class (given that the SM has enough logic, reason, and skill to do it) and pawn them. but in team clashes, you just dont go ahead and pawn everyone. Spiritmasters are all about debuffing, disabling, and crowd controlling the opposing party. damage doesnt even comes close. thats what their power is for. that's what theyre party members rely on 'em to do.