1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game Crashes After Selecting Character

Discussion in 'Problems' started by CerberusComplex, Jun 8, 2019.

1. CerberusComplex

CerberusComplex New Member

I just installed BDO and Gamezbd on my new computer. After some longer than normal loading times after clicking "start" and selecting a server, I get to the character select screen and click "enter". The game then fades to a black screen and after 20 - 30 seconds the game just closes. Rarely, it manages to actually load into the game and I can walk around for like 10 seconds before it just crashes again. My graphics drivers are updated, I tried deleting the cache folders, tried a myriad of things, but nothing has worked so far. I was able to run the game on my old computer with no problems. I'm thinking it might be a connection issue due to the longer loading times and I've read somewhere that bad connections can simply cause the game to close, but I don't really know how to fix that.

Edit: So, it works fine on the Steam client when I repaired the files, but not on the Gamez client.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. Crazycat1215

Crazycat1215 New Member

same problem

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Tried a myriad of solutions?

How about the most faithful of solutions; Running the AIO-package, updating JAVA, running a force-check and then retry a game start?

4. CerberusComplex

Don't know what "AIO-package" means. I did update JAVA and I've run a force check at least 10 times.

5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

6. CerberusComplex