1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game doesn't start

Discussion in 'Problems' started by impaax, Feb 5, 2020.

1. impaax

impaax New Member

Hey Gamez Forum,

idk if I'm doing anything wrong, or if its just a bug.
    I can't start the game as I mentioned in the title. I installed the game a few minutes ago.

When installing the Game it into a new Folder, it asked me something.
    Something like: "No Game files found bla bla...", it basically told me that I had to download everything new...
    so I thought I could install it into the already existing BDO files...
    Not thinking too much, I installed the game on my main BDO Game files. (I won't play on the retail Servers anymore.) Maybe that's the problem?

123.png
    After pressing Start I see this:
    23123.png
    And at the bottom right I receive that message:
    222222.png

But after a few seconds im ending up at the first picture again. Help pls

ATB!

2. impaax

impaax New Member

This is all that pops up.
    And i dont really see any changes in the BDO Folder. Its 10GB bigger than the retail steam Game Folder.
    I had BDO for Steam and Website. The Folder for the Website I just sacrificed, for this private Server Setup.

11111.png

3. pausedandplay00

pausedandplay00 New Member

same BUG, help how to fix it

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am SO SORRY to inform you that you CANNOT install the GamezBD files into another copy of BDO.
    To speed up your reaquiring of the files, unless you were smart and kept them somewhere else, you may want to see if you might aquire them faster through one of these options: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/download-mirrors-client-v2220-community-provided.210022/

So, for future easy install and reinstall, I would recommend that you download the game-files through the download mirrors, and then -if you need to- just delete and copy them back, of course running a file-check once before actually launching the game.

When the Launcher asks you to verify if you have the game-files, then there is an option in Settings (in the Launcher) where you can tell it where the GamezBD-folder is located. That should begin an automatic file-check (not sure), but in any case it is still a REALLY good idea to just run it once before you start up the game.

Hopefully this will help you out, and then you will be able to enjoy the game on our community for the forseeable future :)

5. impaax

impaax New Member

I don't know, if you got pinged for this Thread, but our lovely loboram answered us.

Thank you loboram <3

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

:oops::embarrassed:

7. impaax

impaax New Member

I freshly installed it and I'm stuck somehow.
    Same problem as before. I installed it completely fresh.

Maybe the fact that I have the retail Version (from steam) on another Drive, might cause that problem?

1111111111111.png

8. impaax

impaax New Member

Could it be that the small window on the picture is always running and that i have to wait for the Game to start?

When trying to start the Game again (after rebooting my System), it failed again and then I decided to swap the language to english.

In the picture below u can see what happened. Seems like the Game is actually running but also not...? Maybe I had to wait for the Game to launch?
    The fact that it says, the language file is still being in use, shows that there is something running.
    1111111111111.png

9. eauxmygod

eauxmygod New Member

10. impaax

impaax New Member

This did not directly help me but I thought that I might have to turn of my Anti-Virus software, at least put an exception there and I did.
    IT WORKS! BitDefender is blocking it. You guys should add it into that List and make the List better accessible idk.

11. loboram

Actually that link a an Entire banner in the Problems Sections of the forum...if you scroll all the way up you can see that banner on this very page...it might not stand out as anything but some advertizing, but it actually a direct link to the most common problems and solutions :)