1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamecrash when respawning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by 0xDEADBEEF, Jun 10, 2021.

1. 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF New Member

Bug Name:
    Gamecrash when respawning
    Bug Description:
    This might not be a bug which is affecting everyone, but I still hope I can get some help in this case.
    Since I started playing on a new 1440p monitor a couple weeks ago, I regularly (mostly the 2nd or 3rd try) crash when I try to respawn after death at a different location (closest safezone, rbf, etc.)

After taking a look at the Client_XXXXXXXX.json, the last entry is always something like

{"Date":"2021-06-10 21:18:03","ThreadId":"0x2F1C","LogType":"00","LogLevel":"1","ErrorNo":"eErrNoServiceLog","ErrorString":"Service log!","Log":"VIDEO : >>>>> [15] createVideoView Completed(state: 1, vw:1920, vh:1080)" }

even though I'm playing on a different resolution (2560x1440).
    This raised my suspicion, that the crash is caused by some different resolution settings (different resolution in crash log than my actual ingame res).

I already tried a force check and even reconfigured all my ingame settings by hand(so a corrupted config in online archive is impossible).

If needed, I can send logfiles or any further info about my system.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Respawn at a different location than you currently are (not respawn with pearls)

2. 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF New Member

That problem seems to be resolved after a fresh windows installation