1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez is great! Now make it greater!

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Bahnhof, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Bahnhof

Bahnhof New Member

Hi
    I have been playing on Gamezbd for a few weeks and I can tell now, it’s definitely the bdo, many ppl wish to have amd that retail should be, if pa wasn’t that stupid. But I have been thinking about, that ppl also said, that bdo could be even better, if there was more content beside node wars and grinding. And right now with the fastly growing population of Gamezbd it looks for me, a fool, like there could be resources to add some. For example an arena pvp mode, raids, or dynamic events like a city beeing raided from mobs or similar. I post this cuz I think, right now Gmez is the perfect retail bdo, and it actual could be even more than that! With almost 4k online at any given time, I think there r enough players for most multiplayer events. And there r so many great concepts beeing developed from other mmos u can inspire a bit if u don’t want the old mmo content. Eg Nodes that can be effected from the guild holding it and authentic player housing within. Or as I said, more, eventually randomly triggered, events that force a large amount if players to react! Tell me what u would like to see and it would be cool if a dev could tell, if it’s possible that we‘ll sth like this in the near or far futures

2. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Adding custom content to BDO is very very complicated if not impossible. You can only work with what is already there. Not create new assets.

3. Bahnhof

Bahnhof New Member

Is it rly that impossible? I mean, the devs propably have the code, otherwise they couldn’t modify the actual game. Ofc, making new content costs lots of capacity but if u work woth things that already exist, like an attack from multiple world bosse on a city, there wouldn’t be a crazy amount of things to do I think.
    I‘m not an expert in such things, it’s possible that I just told absolute bs.

4. DarthOmen

DarthOmen New Member

I'm not sure if you've played retail but all of these things are already in the base game!
    Arena PvP? Red Battlefield and Battle arena exist already. City raids by mobs? That exists as well! Certain nodes attract attacking mobs such as the Khuruto near Delphe Outpost not to mention that we, ourselves, are able to siege towns/nodes in the siege channel; this also falls under the category of Raids as well. If you want to get technical, however, there are no dungeon raids admittedly BUT world bosses are literally giant raids fighting a powerful enemy. Now as for adding custom content? I believe it is possible but also nearly impossible given that this game was not created by the owners of this server. Therefore they would need to learn more about how to properly integrate the code required to do such a thing. Let's not forget to mention that it would also require time and effort which will, henceforth, be taken away from their current focus on keeping the game up to date and accessible which they have done a mighty fine job of doing. Maybe sometime in the future when there is an open window for them? However, I would not hold my breath sorry mate

Ashkelan likes this.
  5. Bahnhof

Bahnhof New Member

I don't agree with u tbh. Battle Arena is a playground for practice, no ranked 1v1 shit with leagues, rewards etc. The actual bosses aren't raids. Ofc they r fun, but a raid is an well coordinated act performed by a groupe of expirienced players, not just the hole server randomly attacking a boss for 1 min. The city attacks u mentioned r not dinamic. There t just eg saunlis chilling at the city chilling all day and a few guards that pretend to do anything against them. De Facto it's a grinding area with a few boring npc's chillin there.
    and "all of these things"?
    Ofc there is content already in bdo u can compare to the suggested, but it is just not the feeling of what ppl expect from this kind of content.

6. JonasPD

JonasPD New Member

I doubt you'll see your suggestions ever implemented, it's not that they're bad, but you're talking about them like they would just take a little bit of work. A boss attacking a town, if the idea here is that the boss should just be close to the town, then it's easy, if you want it to actually attack the city, well, then you better start finding GamezBD some sponsors that can pay for the amount of server capacity they should suddenly have. A boss attacking a town, just think about how much coding you would need to do on just 1 NPC in that town to not make the NPC completely shut down until next restart.

With you multiplayer ideas you're also being too optimistic, 4k players ain't that much, and GamezBD is soon (in the next couple of days) starting an EU server, so the playerbase will be more split.

7. Rah97

Rah97 New Member

Why are people so fixated on dungeons and raids for BDO. Its an open world sandbox mmo, its not an instanced theme park mmo. Creating these instanced raids and dungeons would be the opposite of what BDO is at a core. The closest thing youre going to get to that is high lvl grinding zones and world bosses, which is perfect for an open world sandbox mmo.

DarthOmen likes this.