1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD is better than you think

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Pan94, Jul 21, 2019.

1. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

*The empty marketplace, the players that keep leaving the server and the new player experience liked the above quoted comment*

Good job for the dev team and their work, but i think it is the time for time to interfere in the above stated crisis.

6 of my workplace friends tried Gamez. 2 of them left in day 1, the following 3 left after 1 week and the last one got stuck with Capotia accessories and TRI non-boss gear and left as well because he has not spot to grind because he will get deleted by full PEN players and he is not into life skilling nor horse training.
    I gave a pretty good suggestion to dev team to give to new players a TRI boss set for 1 week/ 1 month that cannot be enhanced nor traded to help new players but ... im pretty sure they have other plans on priority schedule.

2. Magikarpsghost

Magikarpsghost Getting there

that is the issue with pservers no mater the game people come and go, the empty marketplace comes from people basically making silver useless and instead opting to trade items for gamecash (webside currency). I know in another game I use to run a server for I had to supplement the market from time to time.

3. strashiner

strashiner New Member

While I would love to agree with this post
    I feel that the developers have a lot they can improve upon.
    primarily the curve.

4. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

If Kolka would manually add items to marketplace the players with tens or hundreds of billions stockpiled on their stash, will insta purchase everything leaving the new players or the ones that actually need those items in the same position that they were before.
    I dont know what the retail server does or better said how it does but the market is 24/7 filled with everything u need regardless is for enchant. boss items or life skilling. And the fun fact is that those items are not staying there for ages, they are selling on a freaking good speed.

5. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

You can get full PEN boss weapons and armors easily here compared in retail.
    Accessories on the other hand is still a grind.
    Played a year and going 2 years soon (when the server goes 2yrs), and I only managed to get PEN Ring of Cres lol.

And oh, don't join guilds rather do solo or if you know some high geared players just let them farm with you via SD.
    Other than that, lifeskills is the only way to get silvers not to mention the good old afk horse wagon training lol.
    I created an account for my friend after the SD nerfs, had full pen weapon and armor set for him after playing that account in a month or so I think. You just need to know the right grinding areas w/o those OP high geared trolling (which I believe is rare nowadays, seriously FML the most hated guild is gone and they were the only ones loving to PK low geared people). But that's another story :p
    Our main concern here is having the server improve and consistency so players will stay rather than leave.
    We can provide multiple suggestions but at the end of the day, each suggestions needs to be reviewed by the dev teams first before implementing if that is a good for the server community and for them.
    Hopefully they could address the negative feedback that gamezbd have been getting.

6. Magikarpsghost

never said for him to manually enter it, what you do is make sure nothing falls below a certain point so there is no resale to them. Those with tons of money exist on EVERY mmo its not unique to this game. retail has a full market because unlike here people actually post a lot of things. here people hoard it.

7. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Would you post your items for sale if they're only worth a tiny fraction of what they should be?

loboram likes this.
  8. Magikarpsghost

I do, then again I spend my days life skilling. But I post majority of what I gather. Items "value" will never be "high enough" for those who can obtain them. And it's "too high" for those who cant go out and farm them with ease. Greed is the issue not set prices.

RevelationsOn likes this.
  9. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Melted Vanadium Shard I get from Valencia always solds out within 7 days lmao.
    Greed is good, that is the problem. Lot of people wants to get instant money since its a private server -_-
    Then those active people hates horse training afk peeps which they think can earn more than active SD etc..
    That is greed, envy, and the usual MMORPG s#it...

loboram likes this.
  10. Magikarpsghost

while I agree, might I ask for a bdo server that does not have these? XD

11. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

They have a shitload of things to fix, including these fall through game terrain issues. It happens anywhere....Once u get knocked down u have a good chance to go meet our lord and savior "No collision box"
    Oh well.... until they fix the empty marketplace and the obnoxious accessories enchant, i will stay away from gamez. On top of that im an EU player who`s stuck on NA server because when they added the EU server i did not wanted to throw away all my progress, including gamez cash shop items that i had purchased.....

12. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

People hoard things here as much as they do in retail ; the point is that many different kinds of items which would be worth quite a bit on the official servers and get bought asap when posted on the marketplace here simply just do not get bought at all due to the enhanced drop rates ( seraps , liverto & blue awakening weaps , lemoria , relics & scrolls , crystals , literally anything that is not : a BiS gear piece , a crafting material , black stones in all of their variants , memory fragments , costumes ) .
    This makes it so that there are actually very few items categories that get sold and the rest is simply just "wasted space" in your inventory / bank .
    Hell, even horses do not sell. You are basically forced to use imperial trading because almost no one will buy a horse you spent time and pearls into training.

Also, I completely agree with this.
    SD and grinding mobs are slowly but steadily becoming the only real way source of income ; life skills were nerfed , horse training is soon going to be nerfed....I don't find it to be a good choice to push all players into grinding , not everyone enjoys it and not every newbie wants to waste hours being deleted by actually geared players who've been grinding at the same spots over and over during these years simply because there's just a few of them which are actually worth farming at and we are all aware of it.

In horse training's specific case , while it is true that the player can still make a lot of money by training and selling mounts it is also true that said amounts of money are nowhere close to the numbers a grinder / SD player can do ( according to some of the people on these forums who claim to be grinders or to earn money via SD they are able to earn 200-400 millions of silver x hour , numbers that I can confirm being exact because in almost full TET , with welfare accs only and by grinding in Valencia's desert / Kama I am able to pull 150-200 millions x hour off. Now compare it to a master 1 trainer with training clothes , a training costume , a 4x mounts wagon....you'll discover that it takes about 12-15 hours if not more for them to level their mounts to 30 ; let's also assume that all of these mounts are t8....the imperial trading price for each of these mounts is about 60-70 millions once their breeding attempts have been used , about 300 millions if courser. Let's consider that you will need to constantly invest pearls into your mounts in order for them to become coursers and that even if you spent all of your daily pearls on them you still wouldn't be able to get more than 1-2 coursers a day. Let's remember how you most likely won't be able to sell these mounts on the horses marketplace as no player in gamez will pay that much for a horse , especially when so many free T7 are given out from events. As such , a realistic daily esteem of a horse trainer profit is about 740 millions. Why would a grinder or SD player who can earn more than that after 3-5 hours of grinding actually want to complain about that ? We are talking about a 3-5 hours profit vs a 12-15 hours profit. The only valid reasons as to why this nerf might be justified , and I am still not sure about it , are that horse training is infact an almost passive activity and the fact that it does not supply the market with new materials....or rather...it supplies its own market with its own materials , aka mounts ) .

To be completely honest , even SD generates a lot of virtual silver while at the same time providing the marketplace with very little amounts of stuff since almost everything that doesn't belong to the categories I have already listed above in the post just gets bought by the system and not by the players.

The market is undergoing a crisis that needs to be fixed and that much is plain but said issues must not be solved at newbies' expenses nor at disadvantage of those players who enjoy a different kind of playstyle compared to the classic "smash mobs and loot" one . It is imperative to solve the current problem and do it quickly and well.
    Once again I would suggest to buff the other ways of earning silver ( life skills in particular since we are talking about market supply and demand ) rather than nerf the ones we already possess and to incentivise the players in listing their items in the marketplace ( even and maybe especially when it comes to items that usually get traded for webshop currency instead ) .

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    loboram and Toenail like this.
  13. Pan94

Pan94 New Member

Because the server need source of money otherwise it will die faster than Musa in nodewar without energy pots

I know that there is a lot of things to fix. If a guy like me, that have spent over 300€ on retail and now is playing on the private server, that means that there is good reason to play this server. I have made a lot of friends quit retail and join GamezBD and they agree that Marketplace feels empty, but I think that @Kolka and @Carl can fix it "easy" by just adding Shakatu boxes for 50 or 100m with sligly buffed ratios. Like instead of 0.1% for TET acc lets say 0.5% or add PEN accesories on that list and lower the ratios. This will make a lot of people ragebuy boxes and waste all the silver, keep grinding and will fill the market with memory fragments, hards, sharps and base accesories.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
  14. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I already explained most of what you're saying in another thread. None of the guys who want horse training nerfed are listening. They're just silently gloating about the nerfs in their guild discords. Gamez's support is pretty decent. The devs are just too understaffed to reliably fix all the issues, and the amount of nerfing they do is too much.

Toenail and RevelationsOn like this.
  15. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Those people who wants horse nerfed pushed ASAP are now laughing out loud for sure lol.

16. Boum

Boum New Member

Honestly i think Gamez is a great server (way and way better than retail), and everytimes i spoke with Kolka on discord he ever was nice and helpful.

Although I agree that a change should be made, i'm just a bit sad about how this change has been made.
    I don't think that ppls that do afk horses will change their gamestyle. Probably if someone stay afk is because he can't/don't want to play in other way and not lot of them will go to do other activities instead (i'm one of them). If the purpose was to make more ppls grind because market is empty u simply have to buff grind in some way (loot?/exp?/money?), not to ruin all the rest to make the activity u want the "only" decent thing u can do.

What i mean is that ,in my experience, if you want to attract people to something you have to make it more profitable/enjoyable. The solution is rarely to destroy (because now to train horses is totally unuseful) the playstyle of such a large part of players. In this way lot of peoples simply leave because the game don't fit anymore what they need from a game.

loboram and RevelationsOn like this.
  17. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

With the latest patch where you can get caphras exchanged for pearls, it's + when you train with horses and do AFK stuff (playing other games, busy in work or real life things)...
    Still, you can go active and do more life skills like gathering or bully bullys lmao.... Anyway, I am really happy with the new patch.
    Nerf horse training or whatever, it's now easy to have more AP and DP with the caphras, not to mention easy money by being AFK lol

18. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

Pardon me if I ask but did they buff caphras drops as well ?
    I am glad to be able to get them with pearls but what if I wanted to use them for a costume or for artisans or other stuff ? I don't want caphras to risk end up feeling like "Invest your pearls in these or you are going to fall behind" . Do we have more viable alternatives to grind for these particular stones compared to before ?

loboram likes this.
  19. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

I don't grind that much latelty TBH aside from doing the Event to win.
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamez-summer-adventure-event.228281/#post-2168979

Maybe try asking in-game or create a separate thread here or in discord. :)

I'm at the point where I used up almost all my pearls for caphras and it is worth it lol.
    Once you have maxed out inventory, weight limit, have "some" T4 pets, storage keeper, stable slots etc anything pearls can buy... You would usually focus on horse breeding reset which I also have lot of stocks atm which is why I am focusing on the caphras.
    It would also be easier I believe if pearls = caprhas rather than artisan memory but that's a different topic ;)

Gamezbd is WAY better than ANYONE think it is with the current update it have right now? It helps new players and old players who don't grind that much (like me) to catch up and so soon, I hope RBF weekends will be populated again :D

loboram likes this.
  20. Pan94

Pan94 New Member

loboram and Toenail like this.