1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD - Population low?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Hampari, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeeperOfElder

KeeperOfElder Banned

No, not dead. He's alive and livelier than you think. Yes, there is something that does not suit the players, this is the lack of normal awards (not standard), which were spelled out 100 years ago. And yes, I want group content and we invent it ourselves;) I already asked the administration about the changes in the awards for the calendar (there is one garbage for sharpening) And there are those people who do not sharpen. And I asked about the possibility of selling sharpening items, but got no answer. Well, I hope at least something will change for the better, we wait and hope.

Sorry for my English ;)

2. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

You have maybe 100 active players at a given time, if you're generous. 80-90% of concurrent players are just afk in gamez for pearls. BAs are empty, barely any guilds own or fight for nodes, and you have the same two or three guilds trading castles weekly with the occasional pve or weak pvp guild sniping a castle in uncontested regions. How many weeks has redemption sat on Valencia in NA? It was double digits the last time I was on. I see more than a 100 players just in heidel on any given channel on retail, and 5x that in Heidel on nw nights on a single nw channel out of many. I have to switch channels or pvp often just for spots, whereas Gamez's spots are mostly a ghosttown outside of Stars End or Ash Forest. If you compare the active populations out of the total population in both versions, it's night and day. Gamez might be the best private server, but it's far from being in a good state right now.

Winning and McConnel like this.
  3. KeeperOfElder

KeeperOfElder Banned

Friend, you don't seem to play on our server. There are enough active players, yes they are PVE players, but there are a lot of us. And yes, there are few PvP players, but we, as PVE players, don't need this. We communicate, go through quests, go together to group spots (although there are few of them). We are friends and help each other. And you express the point of an aggressive pvp player, this game is multifaceted, it's a pity that you don't see all its possibilities.

NinjaRivo and loboram like this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@KeeperOfElder Thanks for backing up the facts, instead of just making up stuff, and generally being really negative about the community and the GamezBD-team. Oh yeah, just want to clear up something; "Sharpening" is called Enhancing, unless I completely missed something. I think you meant Selling Enhanced Items might be a good idea, of bringing in more Silver for players, since at the moment, players aren't able to sell items as soon as they have become Enhanced.

No idea why you had to make Two seperate replies, when you can edit any of your posts. Also not quite sure what that first sentence is about, because as a question it doesn't work at all, and if you are just telling me what I am saying, then it works even less, simply because it is literally impossible to know anything about anyone else, what they meant, what they think especially. But NO, I do NOT think that there is a "booming" amount of players, whether AFK or not, whether part of the PvP-crowd or the life-skilling-crowd. Also I have not said anything even close to this.

Poor you Hampari...you are still stuck in this mainstream ideology, also thinking that GamezBD is EXACTLY the same as retail, otherwise why on Earth would you say: "If I go to stars end or any of the high end spots you'd be lucky seeing 1 person in the grind spot never mind anyone actually contesting it...I've literally tried hunting people in the high end spots on multiple channels and had no luck."?
    "Contesting a Spot", "Hunting People"? This is solely Western-Retail-BDO mainstream-ideology, so please, pretty please, STOP trying to intergrate this dumbarse, backwards, ignorant behavior here on GamezBD.
    Learn what Black Desert Online is REALLY all about, instead of just "meta"-(new word for Mainstream)gaming your way through it, it is NOT just a PvP-sandbox...get it through your head.

You continue to lie about what is happening with the guilds, since you have NO idea what is happening, you couldn't possibly know, there isn't ANY way in-game to gain the kind of information you are using, as if it were facts.

I have at no point in time said anything about if PvP is "dead" or not, nor have I said anything about the amount of different playing-style-players. YOU did, even though you have NO real factual information to draw on. You do NOT know how many life-skilling-players attend our servers, nor do you even know how many PvP'ers there are, since you cannot possibly be online 24/7, also ALL over the game-world on 4-5 different channels at the same time.

You don't really read my replies I guess, since I already explained why changing the Red Battle Field-, or the Nodewar-, or the Siege-rewards isn't going to change ANYthing about the PvP-aspect of the game. I also explained why I think the server is loosing players; There are simply too few players on GamezBD who know how to take advantage of the Whole BDO-game, which leads to many other things on the servers slowly breaking down.

If all the players here on GamezBD, tried to make Silver in all the different ways that there are, then the Central Market might be a lot better off, and once the PvP-aspect of the BDO-game has been changed, or at least revised here on GamezBD, there might be an uptake in players who are willing to try the PvP-scene.

BUT as it is now, there isn't ANYwhere you can go, as a new player who doesn't know about PvP'ing, to practice and learn how to fight another player, and how to make lots of good combinations of skills. No "newbie" arena, where gear is limited by the game itself, or where the "elite-hardcore-life-wasters" (players who do nearly nothing else but play an online game in order to impress other players with their "skills" even though it doesn't matter AT ALL in real-life) aren't allowed to "kick-around" the players who are trying to train, and actually learn about the PvP in the game.
    Sorry to say that this is a Dicussion Thread, it is in the Discussion Section as well. So your Suggestions, should be put into the Suggestions Section in order for them to make any sense, and be heard :)
    Also there is nothing called "Special-Deals" anymore, it has been removed from the Market, which was the ONLY reason it was called that, so I propose we call it what it is: Party-Looting. I do however agree that this is indeed a good idea, but once again, this is a discussion, not a suggestion thread. If you make a forum search, you can easily find many suggestions saying exactly what you suggest, so a great idea would be to go there and add your agreement to the threads there, otherwise the staff won't see which suggestions are being supported by the community, and which ones aren't.
    "Meta" = new word for mainstream. Mainstream is only for humans who cannot think for themselves or make their own decisions. So making GamezBD more Western-Retail-like WILL bring more of that Toxicity and predatory behavior to our community, Which is the reason a LOT of players chose to leave Western-Retail in the first place.
    :argh::banghead:
    WHY do you players KEEP making up numbers, and making up statements about how things are on our servers?
    Look the facts are that None of us, REALLY KNOW how many players are active and how many aren't. How many guilds are active and how many aren't. How many PvP'ers there are and how many Life-skillers there are. How much items Should drop, when it is factually based on RNG.
    So please...just stop spreading false information.
    "pvp often for spots"; How do you not know about the GamezBD Specials? How long have you been playing here? (I know that you have been playing here for a LONG time it is just a rhetorical question) Which is why I think it is insane that you haven't figured out, just how fast the monsters respawn here on GamezBD. You literally cannot gather from all the dead mushrooms in the Polly's Forest, before they are back and on top of you.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  5. Hampari

Hampari New Member

Once again, you're delusional you keep referring to other style's of players and how I do not hold the information / facts on what people are doing. literally the main content in BDO is PvP due to how fluid it is, Life skillers are in the minority. very few people come to a private server to be entertained by a worker empire and afk cooking. You talk about a western pvp based ideology? You literally don't understand how few players get a kick out of doing nothing but life skilling, Do you honestly think to yourself a life skiller decides to come to a BDO private server to only cook / process and alchemy. Not saying there aren't players like this but they are definitely in the minority compared to PvPers.

How will RBF changes not change the game, There are servers with literally 1/4tth the players which have constantly FULL RBF's
    and is one of the main reasons people play the server, you don't understand that having that option to PvP is a good reason for people to stay or be attracted to Gamezbd.

I'm continuing to lie about what's happening with guild's? Do you think I haven't been in heidel, Velia, Calpheon etc? Do you think I can't see server chat, Do you think I have seen how dead the town's look. There are more horse trainers in town than active players. Think about it like this if there is only 2-3 seige guilds ( who are mostly afk ) and don't even get to seige on the weekends because the game is dead and no one is interested, how well do you think life skill guilds are doing? PVP being far more main stream than random 15-20 man life skilling guilds.

RBF rewards being 2-300m a win making it worth actually grinding would make gamezbd far more alive than skinning goats with your 3 friends.

You refer to the elite PvP'ers getting in the way of noobies, but you're missing one big variable. there is no elite pvper who wants to waste their time fighting their own shadow on a dead server. You are trying too hard to cater the game to new players and life skillers, so what the veteran players can't have fun? have to suck it up and pick up the magical butcher knife and start gathering?

Winning likes this.
  6. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

Actually PvP rewards would have a direct impact on the PvP scene. Currently it offers no progression and new players would rather grind than do that.
    Nevertheless the recent caprha change and blcakstar change have made it harder for new players to catch up with seasonal being in favor of that. There's more players leaving than joining. Currently my siege guild is customizing their Cyberpunk cock on weekends, making Squidwad, Michael Jackson and so on, that's how boring GameZ has become for them.

Winning likes this.
  7. vagabond13

vagabond13 New Member

The fact that the players leave is no mystery, it is because of bugs, nerfs, connection issues, etc ... most of the time it works like this: if people enjoy, feel rewarded, that they are moving forward and the game works, They play and donate, if the game is in the state it is right now, people leave as it is not worth spending time or money.

Winning and desertkatze like this.
  8. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

Very simple way to put it as. Thanks

Winning and desertkatze like this.
  9. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

"Seem"? I said in another thread that I quit Gamez after hitting relatively max gearscore (I'm missing 1 mh ap from deve, and 3 aap from deve + caphras) and went back to retail. I was really unsatisfied with the pvp scene. Every time I've come back to gamez, it's been for 3-6 months at a time. This year, I played from May until November before I packed up. My experience coming back is always the same: Pve is dead. Grind spots are empty as hell outside of the big spots. But then, I see the same handful of people at endgame spots. Same names getting big accessory drops. Gvg is dead. Decs are constantly firing off on retail, while you might see 30-60 people showing up every now and then for a "big" gvg between siege guilds at the Stars End node manager on gamez. Lifeskilling is dead because you can't make much money selling shards, or caphras thanks to exploiters who duped caphras two years ago and permanently ruined it for everybody.

NWs are dead. Last time I was on to check the status of nodes, 10-12 nodes were owned by guilds. That's pathetic when almost every single node is occupied on retail, and the only reason empty ones exist is because of stalemates, or off meta nw tier like t4s. Sieges are dead. It's a territory trade between XUP, Failstack, and Lotus. Redemption sits permanently on Valencia Castle, last I checked. That leaves Serendia to Sacredoath right now (no one is interested in fighting them for it), and Balenos/Calpheon to snipes unless the big guilds want it that week.

You get maybe 80 players going to garmoth, who is currently the most profitable boss outside of vell. A little less than 300 total players going for Vell per week. So it's 300 active players instead of 100. Big whoop. That's still dead af. Now, mind you, this is all anecdotal to NA. I don't play EU. But I've heard that EU is even more dead than NA, so there's that.

Lol. You keep spouting this bullshit that Gamez isn't the same game as retail. It is the same damn game, you fool. Just because things are easier doesn't mean you don't do the same shit you do on retail. You have horse submarines because the devs refuse to fix an old bug, free pearls, horse training as the main afk income because of free pearls, and a shitty 1v1 arena no one takes part in because it's only for bragging rights. Seriously. My ranger friend got the olympiad god title by default because no other ranger does the arena. That's sad. But big whoop! So different! Wow! So items are cheaper here and everybody does horse training instead of fishing. Everybody still wants the same items as they do on retail. The way everybody gears is exactly the same. Everybody runs Fallen God, Boss gear, deboreka necklaces, etc for combat, while they run manos for endgame lifeskills. It's the same.

There's so much irony in you saying everybody else is wrong about this game, and only your view of how the game should be is right. Remember how they stripped you of your mod title for this? Maybe you should have taken that as a lesson. Bro, you don't need to do anything to get ahead on gamez. Just horse train for 6 months and you can get geared. It's so easy, especially with the market collapsing so hard on itself. You just buy everything because it's stupid cheap. My girlfriend is 300 ap on this server, and she's done very little active grinding in her time on this server. Before that, you just gathered caphras from pearls, and sold them to the npc to make the money to get geared. You have seasonal servers now to even out things at the very start, too. So piss easy.

Btw, seasonal rbf and seasonal arsha are a thing that exist on retail for your beginner level pvp, which you might see come this patch. Even if not, that has nothing to do with the low interest in pvp. Plenty of people are interested in pvp. Just not in the garbage meta we've got now. Succ Wiz legit killed the siege scene for so many guilds this patch. It was never this bad until now. I actually saw more pvp participation at the tail end of last patch than half of this patch cycle.

Ok, so you have maybe 100 active players outside of Vell day, then it spikes up to 300 on Vell Day. You might have 200 active players during Siege night. It's not made up. It's based on counting heads in gvgs, sieges, and how many people I've seen in grind spots/at bosses across the different channels. You can continue to live in some delusional world that Gamez isn't a dead server full of mostly afk players, a small crowd of active players who show up for bosses, do lifeskills, or grind at the few profitable spots, and a small crowd of people who actively pvp, but I can see it for what it is. So many others have, too, yet you are a staunch defender of the practices on this server, coming in with your bs that they're not playing the game right and that it isn't retail, or "western bdo." Seriously, wtf is with that statement? The game is dead. Whales are the only reason Carl hasn't pulled the plug yet, and this server is just lucky enough to have enough whales to support it.

Lol, what does that have to do with anything? I know monsters spawn faster on this server. You only have 4 (5 off season) channels, which means grind spots are a lot more limited than retail. Retail has 36 channels plus Arsha iirc. People will pvp for spots because profitable zones are limited in space. You can't get away from it unless you want to cut into your own money. Also - gather from pollys? Really? I gotta ask, man. What is your gearscore? You've been on this forum for such a long damn time. Are you even geared at this point? If you're as knowledgable about this game as you think you are, you should be one of the richest players running around on your servers. All the other guys who have been playing actively for 2 years have hundreds of billions of silver, if not trillions by now, and are fully maxed out with the exception of maybe their alch stone. Are you?

All of that aside, there's no fixing this server. We're too far into a problematic design, and too many people exploited the server to get ahead. It's why you see kneejerk reactions to thing like horsetraining or caphras selling. I don't agree with their practices, but I do think at the very least what the devs are doing isn't just to make people suffer. They're trying to hold onto their playerbase as much as possible. Besides, even if there was a solution, you can't talk to Kolka about what's going on this server. They have the "numbers", they're stubborn, short on time/manpower, and they know better than their suffering long-term players. They don't take what people say seriously unless it breaks the game in such a bad way that they have to do something, like with the free caphras coming about because of caphras duping two years ago. I don't think they can afford to listen, even if they wanted to, because they're already at near breaking point just maintaining their current pace.

Winning likes this.
  10. Hampari

Hampari New Member

If a new player get's bullied open world by one of these ' Elite'' players it isn't as much of an issue as you make it out to be, there are plenty more dead channels the person can swap to, Also it's literally apart of the game you know open world pvp? sandbox mmo as you have been saying,,

You referred to me picking up the lifeskilling tools while pvp is dead because it would be exploiring the game more, but frankly I and ( speaking for many players here ) would rather not spend my time gathering, or sorting out a worker empire. I don't think you understand one of the driving points to downloading this server? People get beat up retail, they don't get a chance to PvP because the game is so far ahead, and they see this server which is BDO in the fast lane and think to themselves that it's a chance to have a good BDO experience without having to put THOUSANDS of hours into retail.

You ask for FACTUAL proof on how I know that PVE players are in the minority. and how the server isnt very much alive etc. but where is your proof that what I'm saying is false? Because there is a lot more people agreeing than disagreeing with me. Your RBF statement doesn't make sense ( it helps short term elite players coming back etc ) No, it helps 1 ) Encourage players of all gear, new players, old players to interact with each other through PvP and be rewarded for it win or lose. 2 ) It helps remove the profit only by AFK factor making players actually have to play gamezbd. 3 ) It gives people incentive to get gear, like '' Oh that RBF was fun, I didn't do that much damage so if I can just grind out a few more items I will player better ''

You talk about balancing out all sides of player types, I think we start at the majority and listen to the PvP'ers because frankly if PvP dies, the server will die shortly after and will eventually kick the bucket, sure the meta right now with the succ wizards is an issue but even without it no one would play because the server is just not worth time investing right now. no one is interested in PvP, the top seige guilds just dodge each other ( on the rare occasion they actually clash in a high end spot )

Winning likes this.
  11. Hampari

Hampari New Member

No offense loboram, but your personal enjoyment lifeskilling, and chilling with a handful of friends while playing this server doesn't actually impact how dead the game feels, and maybe you should listen to the many voices from EU / NA disagreeing with your outlook.

Winning likes this.
  12. Nereus

Nereus New Member

I agree with most things you said except this one, I think I know which server you're talking about and I can say for sure that it only gets full when there's 10-11 minutes left and they all afk in there, RBF giving millions isn't a proper solution to our problem, IIt'll be just another afk money method

McConnel, desertkatze and loboram like this.
  13. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

If you guys put as much effort into your pvp skills as in your posts in this thread, no one could beat you in this game.
    On a serious note; if you only have personal insults to continue this shallow argument, you better turn this into a private conversation and keep it there.

Jessica and loboram like this.
  14. Hampari

Hampari New Member

No one can beat me though T_T the option isn't even there to prove my skills, no one wants to pvp on a horse training server.

I played this server, and some afk but they make it bannable. so even if its the last 10 minutes it's still engaging combat, and there is always atleast 20 people fighting each side. only about 5 afk on each team

Winning likes this.
  15. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Look GamezBD-Staff...this thread was DOOMED from the very start.

It was posted in the wrong section, since it started out with a Suggestion in the Discussion Section, and in the very first answer I made that clear, BUT none of you actually picked up on that.

I get why you had to delete my last answer, BUT PLEASE! Don't make this a onesided issue, since you left plenty of the replies that are Just about "dragging me through the mud". @Noyah You could have done that better, there is only an hour between me posting my reply, and the next two posts, which are also Very Much offtopic, and just about being atagonizing towards me personally.

By the way; There were PLENTY of things in my reply which WEREN'T offtopic at all, so I do not understand why you didn't just edit the pieces out, that were "wrong"?

"I cannot believe that you would say things like that without the need for proof?
    I know that this is a forum, which is where players on the GamezBD-community should come and voice their opinions, but seriously, you are talking as if you have full access to all the infomation and knowledge that exists, about GamezBD and the Whole population and players, as well as if you were one of the developers and knew exactly what has been done to the game itself here on GamezBD. BUT we (the smart players) KNOW without a doubt, that it is all just "smoke and mirrors". You provide absolutely no evidence for anything you say!
    Sure I get that when players rally around one particular Private-Server, it is usually because of the ATMOSPHERE, and COMMUNITY, and little to do with "how easy" a game is made to be, in comparison to the retail-version.
    BUT once again, I can only tell you the facts; Most, if not all, other Private Servers out there, running Black Desert Online, are using the GamezBD-build, or a version of it anyway. Most, if not all, other Private Servers out there, have been active for up to two years, then shut down taking all the spent cash with them, and leaving the players with nothing to show for their countless hours of their live, just wasted. Only to open again, under a new name, and do it all over again, which is why it baffles me so much, that some players are SO amazingly shortsighted or ignorant of the facts.
    But sure let's just say that you are indisputably right; "The fact that the players leave is no mystery, it is because of bugs, nerfs, connection issues, etc ... most of the time it works like this: if people enjoy, feel rewarded, that they are moving forward and the game works, They play and donate, if the game is in the state it is right now, people leave as it is not worth spending time or money." Let's just imagine a world where you are right about the things you couldn't possibly know about, and suppose that you are also right about why ALL people, in the whole world, play games in general. Then you do see how easy it is to assume that some players are actually Adults, and like to live their lives instead of throwing them away on computer games, right? "...people leave as it is not worth spending time or money." So this is still right then, and why wouldn't it apply when players come to our community, and experience a game they haven't tried before, only to realize just how much time it requires of them to play the game, whether competitively or not, so they choose to stop playing because they have real lives to live instead, you seem to have missed this part of the playerbase entirely.
    Others come to our servers, and realize that they don't get EVERYthing in-game handed to them on a silver-platter, then they leave because they are used to getting everything all the time. You forgot about those too.
    Also the players who in general just loose interest in the game itself, which has nothing to do with the GamezBD community at all.
    I get what you are saying, but there is an underlying problem in general, with how the PvP is handled game-wise.
    Not to mention how the "elite"-players are abusively limiting the number of players who come to stay on our community, by "bullying" them out again, by taking "chat-dumps" on the server-chat channel, by behaving abusively and just PvP-terrorizing others "for fun" as they claim it.
    So as a new player to the community, how do you think it feels, coming from the retail-experience, where you have been subjected to this sort of unchecked behavior, and to finally think, that you have found a place far away from mainstream-players like that, here on our GamezBD-community, ONLY to find it still being "a thing"?
    I firmly believe that most players on our community are here because of the atmosphere and sense of community, and not because the game is "so much easier" on a Private Server.
    Now I do Also understand, that the BDO-game does seem to lead to a PvP-end game, which is why so many players have mistaken the BDO-game as a PvP-sandbox. So I too want the GamezBD-PvP-scene to flourish, but there are still problems as I mentioned:
    The biggest one is how to learn about PvP, on a server where no-one is letting you progress slowly towards becoming a much better PvP'er.
    Second is the trouble with BDO-PvP-combat, because there are some troubles with the Peer-to-Peer connection, and therefore you can experience, many times, that players aren't where they seem to be, as well as suddenly facing a massive amount of damage, only to realize that the enemy has somehow transported behind you, without a Class-skill that can do that.
    So it already feels difficult enough, for someone starting out, and then you just add players who are "I don't know what is going on in their heads", that just needlessly attack anyone else anywhere in the world, and give even less of a chance in the PvP-instanced areas.
    "Rewarding the PvP more", won't solve the problems in the long run, but sure it might bring back the same old crowd who left to play somewhere else, however it will be a shortlived and small "player-boom". As soon as the "dust settles" and the routine of the game returns, then they will be off again.
    Funny how you are using the expressions I have used elsewhere :D
    But once again, you cannot possibly know what you are saying, since you are simply factually unable to remain online, 24/7 and on ALL channels at the same time. So please stop lying and spreading false information.
    Yeah I do see that happening, quite a lot in fact. Geared players who feel insecure, oppressed, or perhaps just bullied themselves in real-life, who come in-game just to feel supirior and to "get some things out of their system", while relentlessly pounding on completely unsuspecting players. Please don't tell me it doesn't happen that often or at all.
    Also I am Not "...trying hard to cater the game to new players and life skillers, so what the veteran players can't have fun?", but if you do not leave room for those players in particular, then how are the servers ever to get more population? As well as the Life-Skilling players who are the "life-blood" of the Central Market, so without those the market would be horribly much worse than it is now.
    Also "...have to suck it up and pick up the magical butcher knife and start gathering?", yeah why not? I mean you are playing the game called Black Desert Online right? Then why wouldn't you play the entire game instead of just one aspect of it? No need for it to be a butchers knife by the way, you could make do with a Worker Empire, or any other life-skill in-game.
    Yeah here we are forever going to run into a wall, because you, as many other players, haven't read the description given of what Black Desert Online is all about, BY THE CREATORS themselves. It literally says: Action MMORPG (think I added the Action bit). That makes the game Black Desert Online about MMORPG, and NOT a PvP-sandbox/arena.
    You are just spreading false information. YOU DO NOT KNOW, how many players are here, what play-style they prefer to play, what they do in-game, when they are in-game, where they are in-game, what they think or want, SO PLEASE! Just stop lying.
    Already answered this higher up in the reply. Check it out. Just scroll back up and read."

See how easy that was? I just edited out about 3 sentences, and the ENTIRE rest of the reply, WAS on-topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.