1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Glitching Underground

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Toxe, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Toxe

Toxe New Member

Bug Name:
    Glitching Underground
    Bug Description:
    While grinding at "Padix Island", I will often will get glitched underground. Note I play mostly Mystic and is relevant to the glitch (works best with mystic). PS would be nice if the "Escape" button in the ESC menu would teleport you to the node manager near a "zone" and not to Velia. I thought we already have the command ".rescue" for that.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    As Mystic: while grinding and using the skills that pull mobs close to you, like Nature's Wrath, Crouching Wolf or (Prime) Rage Hammer and probably other skill that can pull mobs (while in the middle of a big group like 12+), you will "bounce" on the mobs and if you're not moving, you will get pushed down into the water level and can't go up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Would be Very helpful to add some "proper proof", as described in the Reporting a Bug. If you were to add a video, of what you do to make it happen, and how you are teleported away from the island, instead of right back to where you were, when using the Escape option.

3. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

I second this report, large amounts of mobs pushing you underground can happen on many characters. Most often happened to me on Mystic. (I gotta say punching through the ground with Rage Hammer is kinda cool)
    Steps to reproduce:
    1) Go to any place with many mobs, Thornwood works best for testing purposes because of very long leashes.
    2) Pull as many mobs as you can
    3) Stand on an inclined surface
    4) Let as many mobs as possible hit you simultaneously
    5) Fall underground and die to fall damage
    Using any specific abilities is not required but abilities that move you make the bug more likely. Here's me falling under in thornwood on Lahn for example. It takes significantly longer to happen because you don't have anything that roots your in place as often and have to rely on mobs stunning and pushing you, but it's totally doable.
    [​IMG]

My understanding of the reason this bug happens is that your character model is forcibly moved and if you use any ability that can potentially clip even a little bit of your model under ground the game decides you no longer have solid footing. This happens less on solid ground because mob hits move you laterally most of the time, but if the surface you're standing on is at an angle or there's a "step" next to you you get pushed into it resulting in clipping through.

P.S I should add I haven't encountered this bug on retail, it might be a property of the engine not being able to correctly handle uncapped aggro limit.

P.P.S Escape from Padix does indeed teleport you to velia, because it is the closes safe zone, in other words it works as intended. From Thornwood underground it teleports you to thornwood node manager

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022