1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP - 2

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Should we have Ground PvP?

1. Yes!

190 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No!

29 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Kevster

Kevster Legend Forum Legend

I kind of like the idea of ground PVP. :)
    Although flying is useful, I think ground would be more fun.

2. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

yes plz :D

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Watch the videos!

...and start drooling. :D

4. Kevster

Btw, this is only a suggestion or idea. You can post it in the thread where one of the devs opened for what you want. I really think they can make just a map or two or a couple where it disables wings.
    It is possible... because wings were disabled in one of the maps last week.

5. ryang

ryang Banned

Disabling free fly would also solve camping issues in hieron and beluslan. DP would be twice as hard to camp in both locations. And I still can not see the huge deal about being able to fly in those locations...

6. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I'm intending to do that, after I see how this thread turns out.
    That'd be nice if we got at least 500 votes in the poll,

I PMed a mod to lock this thread & delete all posts except my initial one, that way you can only vote and this doesn't end up a flamethread.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  7. dimas394

dimas394 New Member

That looks so fun..... I really hope they implement it here :D
    Vote: YES

8. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

9. ryang

ryang Banned

10. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

I used to be a glad on Infinite Aion.

Seriously I don't see appeal of ground PvP. Not when it means removing free fly from a map. I prefer flying wherever I damn well please, thank you very much. The only reason I got into this game is because NCSoft included flying. Man was I pissed when I learned we could pretty much only fly in the abyss...

That's not to say I think the GPvP enthusiasts should not get what they want, I just think they should add an area like Dredgion, instead of removing free fly from maps.

11. ryang

ryang Banned

OR...you could go into the abyss to flight pvp. I am sure others will feel the same so abyss will be populated also. Dredigon is ok for it, but its too small and has too many mobs for it to be a fun environment. I feel hieron and beluslan should just be like retail. Fly in cities and aether locations, but not all over. Its honestly not bad for any other reason but those who dislike Ground pvp, and there is flight pvp in abyss if you dislike ground pvp. I think they really should look into trying this out. It can satisfy numerous people.

12. Kevster

I think there should just be a few maps where free fly is disabled. But not in Heiron or those main maps.
    I mean a map similar to abyss, with no islands where you just run to somewhere and hunt people.

13. ryang

ryang Banned

A custom map is impossible to do right now. And baluria is at least 2-3 months away. And knowing the staff, baluria would probably be free fly also...completely defeating its purpose. Best bet to enjoy ground pvp is to remove free fly from hieron and beluslan.

14. Mercykiller

Abyss is possibly less than 1/4 of the available area in the game. Most people spend their time in Belu and Heiron(Not counting the pros who duel in sanc and pande 24/7). I.E. making Heiron and Belu no fly zones will affect the majority of the server, which is labeled as free fly, and frankly that is the main attraction, besides the high rates.

We can argue back and forth all day really, I don't want Belu and heiron to become no fly zones, you don't want dredgion-like GPvP zones, at the end of the day it's carl's choice, and in the past he's decided against removing Free fly.

15. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well if you noticed, 99% of duels are fought on the ground, which basically means that's what people like.

It's mercykillers' opinion though, if he doesn't like it then he doesn't like it, let's not make 3 pages of posts in attempt to change somebody's mind.

Though I do have a question: How would you feel if this were to be temporarily implemented, for, let's say - until 2.0 comes out? That way everyone could try it and give active feedback.

16. MyTime

MyTime Banned

Want that? Go crystal and stop bothering us

17. ryang

ryang Banned

Learn to explicate your opinion and understand that crystal is dead. Pointless post is pointless.

18. Mercykiller

Truth be told I'm not totally against the idea of GPvP, as ryang I believe pointed out, it would decrease the chance of camping and increase the effect of NPC guards.

However the one major innovative feature Aion has is flying, and i think limiting that to Abyss is just a waste of potential.

Perhaps this will be solved when fortresses get fixed. Fortress sieges are mostly GPvP.

19. ryang

ryang Banned

I am sorry, I couldn't let it slide. Aion did not innovate flying. Flying is available in numerous other games. I just feel messing with the core mechanics of the game often takes away aspects of it. P servers are for lazy people. Flying in hieron and beluslan is just pointless... Abyss is a wide map, lots of people don't utilize it completely. there is plenty of fun in pvp there. But flying in beluslan and hieron is kinda pointless. I just don't get the "fun" of being able to fly over mountains. I think it should be tested for sure on here.

20. Mercykiller

I didn't say flying in an MMO was exclusive to Aion. Innovation =/= exclusivity

And if you think private servers are for lazy people why the hell are you on one?

And I'm not going to address the rest of your post. I'm not going to waste my time trying to argue that my opinion is better yours and vice versa. Let's just agree to disagree. All I can say about GPvP is that I spent an approximate 7 months on InfiniteAion, which is almost exactly like retail, and there is no way in hell I'm going back to playing on a server without free fly. Now whether or not GPvP actually gets implemented or not is Carl's choice, not mine, not your's, nor anyone else's.