1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PVP

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by zer0patches, Aug 12, 2010.

1. krelian03

krelian03 Proficient

DP would be great! The war idea is also a great idea, though you should put a limit to the player who can enter...

Points to consider:

1.) 100 players from each sides only (server might crash if we stack too much people in one place).

2.) If possible, have a level restriction (50-55 only or so, so that there won't be a wasted slot).

3.) Specify a time for the war, I suggest 3 times a day (or every other day) like the chip war for RF

4.) For the rewards... no idea, jsut not Kinah pls... Maybe a buff for all the participants (xtra stats) or insane tax rates on the losing enemy NPC items.

Strategies will be unleashed this way plus it would be FUN ^_^

I SUPPORT!!! ^_^

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. wilen

wilen Proficient

dont remove free fly just make a custom instance that you cant fly then thats the place where asmo and elyos can do ground pvp and please dont put a time limit for entering i think its much better if we can go there whenever we want like in abyss if we want to hunt other race but on that place its ground pvp unlike in abyss we can fly

1 person likes this.
  3. Marielle123

Marielle123 Proficient

better watch your mouth "kevin333".. >.< >.<

4. zweistein

zweistein Proficient

aw thats sweet :3

5. Gebranth

Gebranth New Member

Hello everyone I am new to this server ( actually havn't logged on yet ) still I wanted to check all the features of the server before joining and this thread caught my interest.

From what I read I found that there is a sort of clash between free flyers and ground fighters and all got thier reasons to support thier views.

Lets narrow things a bit.

Ground Fighters view :

They want to disable flight in certian areas ( not everywhere ) and make it more retail like while still having the limit of 5 minutes flight time.

and the reasons are :

1- Some skills are automatically disabled while in flight.

2- It is easy to run away when flight enabled.

Flyers view :

They support the idea of free flight because it is easier to travel,gather materials and finish quests. it is also more fun to be able to fly in every map.

If we want an easy solution to this we could just enable all the disabled ground skills while in flight to make fights fair for all classes while airborne.

The suggestions of custom maps, and disabling flight in certian areas seems to be rejected by the majority of players, but we have to understand that simple ideas and actions could bring a big development to the enrichment of the server.

A similar incident happend at one point in retail servers Spiritmaster's Pets weren't able to fly which was unfair and then they enabled thier flight it didnt make a Spiritmaster stronger just made him more versitile while flying.

6. Mythic

Mythic LEGENDARY ICON MEMBER Forum Legend

i hope theomobos still will be a free fly map.. because theo is not a pvp map

i agree to the idea that make a new map with ground pvp

just leave the normal map free fly because it makes the server cool

and for the war time? i 100% agree with that specially with rewards like kinah and ABG set ^_^

7. incuboY

incuboY Proficient

>>>> IDEA <<<<, :)

The best map for a Ground PVP will be a map filled with caves and buildings.. much like a deserted town to be precise..

and if anyone gets in a building or such covering, they wouldn't be detected by radar outside the building.. Only then we can use the eyes of our characters point of view... Such strategy will be used in order to do an ambush.. :p

Hope you'll get a chance to read this :)