1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] Lower ping with Battleping.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Asleep, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Speeeedy

Speeeedy Proficient

ok thanks :) <3

2. Darktoy

Darktoy Getting there

btw >< lol just thinking now wtf xD theres no way he can have a crack version. cuz 1. o.o it still open beta 2. if open beta cant be no crack cuz is open for anyone lol. 3we just got bluffff.

3. Speeeedy

Speeeedy Proficient

he said he is using Leatrix and BP -.-"

4. Darktoy

Darktoy Getting there

well u can still use BP cuz still open beta. also u can add the step 2 on this guide since leatrix only mods the first one.

Originally Posted by Darktoy
    well if u are xD a tech sabby :O u can add this mod it might help

Test Results-

I am from Canada so my ping was never desirable to pvp on. It usually ranged between 190-220 and sometimes slightly higher at peak hours. So I was looking for a way today to lower my ping and make World of Warcraft faster.

I read a post on a forum with different methods to lower my ping in online games. I tried them and only one seemed to work very well.

After using the method below my ping is now 85-115 and has never gone higher for the past 4 hours. It has lowered my ping by almost 100 and I am very happy with the result.

The only side effect to this change is it can reduce download speeds such as Kazaa, Limewire or whatever you use. It can also slightly reduce FPS on lower grade CPU's.

The Process-

1 - TcpAckFrequency - NOTE if you are running Windows Vista this setting may not have any effect - a hotfix is needed which i'm tracking down. This works fine under Windows XP

Type "regedit" in windows "run.." dialog to bring up registry menu

Then find:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

There will be multiple NIC interfaces listed in there, find the one you use to connect to the internet, there will be several interfaces listed (they have long names like {7DBA6DCA-FFE8-4002-A28F-4D2B57AE8383}. Click each one, the right one will have lots of settings in it and you will see your machines IP address listed there somewhere. Right-click in the right hand pane and add a new DWORD value, name it TcpAckFrequency, then right click the entry and click Modify and assign a value of 1.

You can change it back to 2 (default) at a later stage if it affects your other TCP application performance. it tells windows how many TCP packets to wait before sending ACK. if the value is 1, windows will send ACK every time it receives a TCP package.

Once you do this change restart your computer and load World of Warcraft. You should see a nice latency reduction.

"credits to this site :O http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3881785536&sid=1"

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

This is another fix i found u can do *credits to this site
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/155...r_ping_by_150*

is same as the last mod but they have a step 2 :O well ;O all is on ur own risk i would recomend XD backing up ur registry files first well the ones u are gona mod in case this affects something on ur pc.

Step 2 - TCPNoDelay
    This one is pretty simple (Discussed here)

Type "regedit" in windows "run.." dialog to bring up registry menu

Then find:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet
    ers

Right-click in the right hand pane and add a new DWORD value, name it TCPNoDelay, then right click the entry and click Modify and assign a value of 1.

Click Ok and close the registry editor, then reboot your PC.

My ping used to be with leatrix + BP range from 140-300 now with the step 2 added my ping is 80-150 o_O i mean not much of a diff but everylittle help :p is worth it.

o_O just be careful what u modify on registry

5. cobweb

cobweb Well-Known Member

also as an alternative..you can download the FREEping at tools4ever.com
    i'm using it right now ^^

6. Darktoy

Darktoy Getting there

o_O but that is just to get ur dealy o_O to host i mean it wont reduce ur ms/ping in game it will only just tell u. o_O with the info i posted on registry it will actually lower it down. thou >.> server is becoming 22222222222222222222222222222222 laggy with that second server.

7. radziismael

radziismael Getting there

err..i got disconnected after use battleping.. >,< how to fix this?

8. nametaken

nametaken Expert

u need to pay for it..............

9. anisa

anisa New Member

my ping is around 600 still good in game :whistling:
    did this free or i has to pay