1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Higher rates/Pearl free for Beta

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by rasmuskeke, Feb 4, 2017.

1. rasmuskeke

rasmuskeke Cloudwalking シ Forum Legend

Up the rates way more and give us free pearls for those who participate in the Beta. This is not offering anything good compared to the rest, but would if considered doing what I said.

I would be totally fine with the rates if the build were fully functioning, kinda. You must be more attracting than Retail and official is a grindfest. People don't want to invest there time in a not fully 100% working build and play when you don't offer anything really rather than pearls.
    Final statement: Up everything to atleast x15/x20 both drop rates and xp. Let people have there free pearls and enjoy playing/pvping and testing out everything for you. Even with these rates, people would still need to invest a shit ton of time into the game.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. Musse21

Musse21 Banned

we do get free Pearls every 30min u get 1000 Pearls

3. rasmuskeke

The rates needs to be increased, official has higher rates. Drop chance and XP rates needs to be increased atleast double of what it is now if not more. The build is buggy needs testing and people gearing fast etc will contribute to solving things faster.

4. Musse21

Musse21 Banned

i totally agree with you on that it's beta and there is going to be wipe later on so wouldnt hurt to do to let player find bug or other problem at higher levels

AntiMersy likes this.
  5. rasmuskeke

I'm not sure if it's going to wipe. Most of the current PS is in Beta and wouldn't wipe unless the update requires some dramatic change in terms of structure of some sort.
    However, upping both drop rate and xp rates is a must if you want even more players.

I would be totally fine with the rates if the build were fully functioning, kinda. You must be more attracting than Retail and official is a grindfest. People don't want to invest there time in a not fully 100% working build and play when you don't offer anything really rather than pearls.
    Final statement: Up everything to atleast x15/x20 both drop rates and xp. Let people have there free pearls and enjoy playing/pvping and testing out everything for you. Even with these rates, people would still need to invest a shit ton of time into the game.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  6. Musse21

Musse21 Banned

If u take at look at Gamez Black Desert Open Beta u well see that it say there is going be wipe at the end of this phase and i dont mind that just need a little insensitive to continue

7. rasmuskeke

I just noticed. My bad you're 100% right

8. Musse21

Musse21 Banned

No problem happy yo help btw if u are looking for u can whisper me ign Snickerdoodle
    trying to put everyone on the server in the same Guild there u can talk freely

9. rasmuskeke

Sure!
    I am Kungen in-game. Currently chilling in Velia as we speak!

10. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

Guess I'll just lurk ingame to build up pearls for now. I don't want to test too much stuff otherwise I'll burn myself out like I usually do on official.

11. XaNaX

XaNaX N͌̓͂̊̀Ỏ̇̑̈̕S̔̃́̎̆T̃̾͂͂̏i̐̽͗̂̈́t̓̌͊͂̈a̍̀̀̉̎ǹ̂̃͐̚ Forum Legend

Just afk run overnight and wake up with 6k Pearls.. lol and the rates are already absurd.

12. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

I'm kinda contemplating if I should just go back to playing Valkyrie like I do on official or try something new. I have a Kuno on official also but don't really play it all that much.....also a Kuno here but I might drop it. <_<

13. Paislee

Paislee New Member

You only get 165 Pearls every half hour.
    30 Minutes = 165
    60 Minutes = 330
    6 Hours = 1980

That's not even enough for a costume. The Pearl Rate should at least be 300 to 500 while you play or at least bring the price of the Outfits in the Shop down to compensate.

14. Esk

Esk New Member

If I do be allowed to add some input here, as of the OP and many others have stated... You may actually do want to up the rates of the current beta to make it more fluent and easier for us to attain the bugs and have them addressed during this beta phase.

The rates that you have set are fine and whats not but keep in mind, this is a private server... You won't really get a huge community of players (Western ones that is) if things are still a HUGE grind to obtain.
    The problem with most if not all, korean/eastern-mmo games.... They are mainly and basically centered around being a huge grind fest, but that's because the eastern players are use to that and quite comfortable. For us western lazy-to-play gamers, at least from and before my generation, we are burnt out already from all the previous MMO games we played in the past and pretty much only want to settle down for p-servers now a days. Thus the ones that gives us the opportunity to fairly gain what we want quicker and much easier than official version of a game usually become the ideal sanction and new home for us. Keep in mind, a game would die fast if all the content is obtained so swift and easy, so not to make it so easy but a little effort won't be as hard.

I ran and assisted in the upbringing of TONS of MMOs and pserver all different genres in the previous years before I actually step down for some time to focus on some main aspects of my life (college life sucks fyi) but during that time, I learnt a lot from the servers we brought up that failed and the ones that were successful... And I can tell you, all of my successful ones were the ones that had a well balance system with rates much better compared to the official versions of the games. So when I look at your rates atleast for this beta, I think you should up it by a bit more... Giving us access to better obtain most of the things in games quicker and discover the bugs faster as we progress. Seeing as how there WILL be a wipe, I see no harm here in messing with the rates and such. The main priority and focus of this beta if I'm not mistaken, would be to find and address a lot of the bugs to make the game as smooth and fluent as possible. 5x rates are a bit better than the official, yes but that doesn't change the fact that it's going to be a grind fest still. Unfortunately, I've played both the official and the Korean version of the game and I'm quite burnt out already but I'm not here to make any complaints for you to better the game just for me personally. @Puddles @Carl

Then again, cudos to all of you for doing such a wonderful job in constructing a private server for us.... this is remarkable and I'm looking forward to it's success.

15. barcode120x

barcode120x New Member

I honestly think the exp rates are fine as they are. I've played (and am still currently playing) official NA BDO and you can get from 1-50 in just under 4 hours, probably even quicker with the double exp weekend events there. The rates are x5 already, that's plenty enough to get to 56 (for awakening) in a couple hours, or a few days if you are casual. There is NO point in making the rates ultra high as people will hit 56+ super quick and just leave. The point of this is to attract players and to keep them. If you've played private servers for any other MMO's, the most successful ones are ones that exp/drop rates ranginge from 1.5x to 3x, maybe even 5x for games that are really grindy.

It would be nice to give maybe freebie 1-2k pearls upon starting the game to at least start off with some pets hehe. But I'm pretty happy with the free 30min pearls :)