1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How do the bonuses get added here on GamezBD?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by loboram, Feb 21, 2022.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

To answer MANY players' question, I will show you how this works. It is although in a limited fashion, because there is no way to show with actual numbers, what the increase is. So the best thing we can do, is a comparative simulation.

Now before we start with the demonstration, Kolka has already said at least once, that the way bonuses are applied, is a "Percentage of a Percentage" (https://www.spikevm.com/calculators/percentage/percent-of-percent.php) approach.

I just had a "discussion" with someone who claims, that it works completely differently. So in order to clear this up, once and for all, I am going to add a couple of videos, that show a small percentage increase in Combat Exp. first without added bonuses, and then with a bonus of 120% to Combat Exp..

From 79,603% to 79,622% without added bonuses.
    https://streamable.com/r49sam
    79,622% to 79,650% WITH 120% added bonus.
    https://streamable.com/kii4xj

So let's do the math then:
    79,622-79,603=0,019 which is an increase of 19 without any bonuses added, to the already whopping +1100% (11 times higher than normal) Combat Experience Bonus, that GamezBD already supplies.

79,650-79,622=0,028 which is an increase of 28, and NOT a doubling and a bit (+120%) increase to the previous amount (19x2,2=41,8), but more in the realm of: 28/19=((1,4737)-1)x100=47% increase from a +120% bonus.

This is a bit of a surprise, but as I said right from the start, this is only a Comparative test, since we are lacking proper numbers, with which to make precise math. The truth is, what I expected was more akind to this:
    100/1100=0,0909+(20/1100=0,0181)=0,1091x100=11% increase in total, in comparison to the +1100% (x11 GamezBD bonus) value of the bonus, But what we got was a roughly 4 times higher number. That just goes to show you, that Science/Math/Facts are always right, and that everyone can make mistakes.

Apparently, neither of us were "right on the money". It is certainly NOT a static multiplier, whatever bonuses you add, scrolls, bells, food, potions, and more, but more of a Percentage of a Percentage. However, without precise numbers to calculate from, which is indeed done on purpose from the Pearl Abyss core-game-mechanics, we are left in the dark. Much like the rest of the game, where there are randomizers for EVERY single thing that is game related, barring Character movement.

Everytime you attack something, a "roll" is made.
    Everytime you loot, or gather something a "roll" is made.
    So it stands to reason, that they will have some form of RNG, for Experience as well, although it is not even close, to either interpretations we've made so far.

Ryujin likes this.