1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How To Get Rid Of The Zergs

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ThaPlayah, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

I insist the zerg wont be much of an issue if people just FOUGHT!!! instead of running like maggots. Masive battles are fun as well as single ones... Its plain stupid, to run away when you are 20+ and the others are 20+.. why not just clash until nobody is left standing?

That issue is beyond me...

Now if you are soloing. Isnt something at your own risk that you will find a group or more hanging around and that they will roll over you? If you solo you take that risk... aint something to balme the other faction or how noobies they might be... you are soloing in a Massive multiplayer online game... kind of contradictory, isnt it?

With the suggestions i think the balaur owned fortress will help quite a bit by preventing safe houses for invaders or defenders... and effectively win or die fighting. The lfg thingy... people will find another way of pinpointing locations... it will just take a longer for reiforcements to arrive.

my 2 cents

1 person likes this.
  2. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

yeah massive battles are nice.. but the thing that elyos/asmo running 3+groups just hunting few ppls.. in my view easyest way to reduce these is give kill count to same group members(like retail) and reduce AP gain to same what it is in retail.. that 2 things already make lot of reduce to zergs..

+yeah this is high rate server.. so ppls not gonna like this idea.. even thou it reduce zerging

3. Jessica

Jessica Guest

I think aky's suggestion is great, provide a place for those who wants a pvp balance, and leave the maps like gelk and inggi, to the zergers.

4. dmaxcustom

Many of them are not in groups... they just follow, because they think they ll be able to get some. You must keep in mind that not everyone seeks to be pro or really really skilled at their class, some are just passing by and playing as they see fit... unless you put some sort of filter in the registration process to not allow such type of players, you wont change the mindset behind that behavior. And that wont happen even if hell froze. Those who complain here and try to make things better are the minority... its a well know issue that more of the half of the server population does not come to forums and they are people that play at cafes or are really not interested to come here, or that have a limited amount of time peer play.. they wont come here no matter what... and they will keep playing the way they are doing it because it what they can do.

The kill counts and ap reductions may work indeed.... Also would be nice that the ranking system wasnt made by AP gaining, but kills... so if you want to rank up, you must take the kill... not the ap. So people will get ap if grouping, they be able to buy abyss stuff, but they ll be rank 9 until they decide to solo or be more active at pvping.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

it would be good to get that ones working.. but it wasnt change the fact that whit this AP rate zerg is profitable..

aslong what i can say whit my retail experience there not really zergs in other time than sieges.. they hunt in small groups or solo.. since that only way to make AP whit decent ration. if zerging there not really any ap gain and if you even got killed once you lose more than whole day job farming AP

+ for not that good geared ppls group vs 1 shouldnt be prob, aslong they know how to play

1 person likes this.
  6. Jessica

Jessica Guest

you have a point and some right ones, and about the kill and ap as rank, really bad idea, people lose ap in accord to their current rank, and that will totally mess with the pvp system made by ncsoft probably they wont take such a suggestion, but it does have some good effect. Also we all know that those who have OP dmg like, sorcs or gladiators and rangers almost always get the kill, and what of the support class like clerics><

1 person likes this.
  7. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

thats why on retail whole group/ally share killcount
    to make ppls possible to make they quest

but for real.. making AP rate like retail is easyest way to reduce zerging.. but yeah should have working dredgions then for ppls to get AP..(and since highrate make dredgion AP gain 2-3x)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  8. dmaxcustom

Yeah ok... didnt think of it in that way.

9. ahKin

ahKin Proficient

Heh . Killing low lvl's ? Most of abyss Pvp'er know well that killing low lvl just lame .. and abyss was really a nice zone before this stupid shield came over here , always asmos in terminon and always we go primum was totally fun ,, but just please don't tell me "killing low lvl's " it's a weird excuse which always i hear it "low lvl's and afk ppl" heh ...

Yeah , and they will chase you forever ...

10. liainnya

liainnya Proficient

It would be different if low lvl ppl couldnt enter it but they can, and the most important npcs are in prim fort so its annoying to get killed during getting some desings. Well I didnt really mind the elys there it was fun just like u said but its not the end of the world now. Ppl opend like 430596490635x threads complaining about that. Just stop and go to core. You can solo pvp there too. Oh wait a minute...asmos cant because elys are already camping at the entrance! But u can.

Well like I said just chose weastern and eastern or go to Gelk. Gelk is mostly still ok.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  11. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Aghr .. today morning I had beutyfull PvP time in Gelk ...

I made 100k AP there .. had couple of nice fights .. 1vs1 and sometimes 1vs2

But then one quite high ranked ranger came, he was killed bcs he wasnt worth a thing and then the zerg fest begun ...
    Damn, everytime someone kills high ranked out there, he calls tons of friends just to kill some soloing guys, ah.

I wish high ranked people would be polite like those on retail ... but that is just a dream ....

Imho, High ranked people, ( honor to those who dont ) are probly main "zerg starters" ....

12. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Could just make it that no more than 2 players can target 1 guy, not possible I bet but it'd be interesting lol.

13. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

I need to withdraw what I have sayd bf ...

Not all Offiiers can´t fight :D ..

I am freshly out of combat with Sexycast, damn probly only sorcc I have seen so far that knows what is he doing and can fight on her own without zerg ...

Thanks for marvelous PvP, When I get more PvP EQ, we will meet again :)

1 person likes this.
  14. liainnya

liainnya Proficient

I dont think that calling them is the real problem. They dont really call because they can get more AP alone. The biggest problem here is that everytime a star officer and a higher rank dies, everybody can see it in the LFG channel. They should remove that.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  15. aginstall

aginstall Proficient

Stigmaaa... :) Sexycast here thank you too for great 1v1's we have :) You are a very good sorc.Also can i ask what's your in game ping?

16. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

Bump
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

17. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Would be nice to see some of these thoughts ingame ... ^^

18. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

Yeah but..

19. sammyeli

sammyeli Banned

I just dont understand why the Ef do people no use fcking Trade channel, Its a fcking trade channel IT STATES ITS A TRADE CHANNEL, why the fck are you posting in LOOKING FOR GROUP!!!!

sorry had to let that out continue, btw thats what its used for in retail posting asmo/elyos locations or getting a group together. and it would be nice to post this info but THE MOTHER F&^%^s use it to trade

*shakes head in dismay*

20. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

Laughed until I freaking cried. He was talking to

[​IMG] Originally Posted by jchernandez [​IMG]
    Shadoway seriously? Get Outta this thread.

Zergs are here to stay, all your tears about them are food for true Aion players. We know what MMO stands for. And we arent stinky trolls in real life that cannot make friends and go pvp the way the game was intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.