1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to make GameZ BDO heaven.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Haiku90, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

Let's start, straightaway:

1) Listen to the community while having staff reply to suggestions/questions (especially the hard and inconvenient questions which looks like nobody want to answer about..)

2) Remove the need of FSing as brainless monkeys giving the opportunity to enhance without rng and with 100% chance by putting a fixed, scaling amount of stones needed for each enhancement lvl (for exemple). OR make gear able to be looted already with an enhancement lvl AS THEY ARE DOING ON RETAIL TOO!!!!!.

3) Remove the need to grind like brainless monkeys for accessories enhancement while spending billions on crons, by doing something like what said in the previous point.

4) Enhance skill point gain rates to match exp rates. Doesn't make any sense being at lvl 64 without enough skill points to learn your skills, forcing you to grind again and more for those.

5) Give starter gear to new players so that they can at least pvp or lvl up fast enough to get there. And you could even let characters to start with lvl 56 and already awakened.

6) Fix things/bugs, especially the ones related with webshop items. I bet ppl don't donate 65$ to have a bugged t9 which can't gain skills without mostly unknown tricks.

7) Starting amount of max energy and CP?.

8) More mobs and/or faster spawn times.

9) Introduce server customized mechanics/prizes in the lifeskill aspect of the game.

10) Introduce server customized high-end gear for veterans and already maxed out players (cooler, stronger, much harder to get and/or enhance).

11) Have more staff dedicated to the BDO server and community, organize events, challenges, all with prizes.

I could continue for really too much, but i think my point got explained enough.
    Some of those suggestions come directly from your own, already and currently applied policies on the Gamez Aion server. Nothing new.
    I really HOPE and i'd really LOVE to see and read comments about this and see the list grow even more! Or at least i'd love constructive suggestions and critics to this!

Peace and Love to everybody <3

AngryPlayer likes this.
  2. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

Explain 7, 8, 9 to where you want to take those suggestions.

Your vision of the server would be appreachiated. From what I can tell, based on applying all your suggestions to the server, would be a none progression PvP focused server setup while some ideas would be counterproductive to it. To set values to PvP, PvE and lifeskilling I would say your vision is somehwhat of a 85/10/5. Thats is if all suggestions would be applied at the current version.

Like to see where this goes.

3. strashiner

strashiner New Member

some of ur suggestions are not welcomed
    in any case better staff service.
    so far its been 4 days since the patch.
    im getting a hunch nothing will change - this will just be swept under the rug.

4. Aardappel

Aardappel New Member

You know that that those failstacks are a big economy right ? i dont really agree on that one

5. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

Well, 7 is to let players get started faster to life skills, 8 grinding areas are not populated enough right now, or you find anyway the best areas always full of ppl (usually uncontestable given superior gear) making it really hard for newcomers, 9 is to have a more satisfying life skill experience (with gains matching the non-life skill aspect of the server).
    This is kinda like a brainstorm and some of the options are or can, in fact, conflict with one and another. The point is just to choose how to apply and what to apply..
    Thanks for your reply.

6. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

Usually exploited or exploitable by just a small amount of people, as far as i saw..

7. Aardappel

Aardappel New Member

I dont really see how this can be exploited since its a very simple mechanic.

8. Aardappel

Aardappel New Member

I can relate with 1,4,6,8,9(if this means a buff to lifeskills.),11 I think the rest is not really needed that much. or not at all

9. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

Don't know about you, but i always see the same 10 ppl enhancing like crazy, on the chat..
    My idea was to give everyone the opportunity to enhance. Enhancing materials would stay in the game and would still be needed, it's the enhancing system wich would change.

10. ReDevil

ReDevil New Member

While I agree and disagree with some of the suggestions on your list, all I do suggest for now it's just to revert game to what it was before this last patch, I've left and some of my friends the server since the new changes and don't plan to come back if this patch will stick around forever.. I mean who left retail to play another modified one, I like this server tho its fresh and had me the hype about bdo again, but I'm not ready to go back to it with this patch, hope that they will take in consideration the opinion of their community.

11. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

What vision are your suggestion based on? What do you want GameZBD to be? What do the devs want it to be? How do they go along with each other?

This seems to be very one sided.

12. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

It is, off course it is one sided.
    It's my point of view.
    BUT I was pushed to write this because i saw many other people around this forum and even on OTHER forums outside of Gamez who'd like some if not all (and even more) of the changes i listed..
    I don't know every consequences of those changes, off course, even the devs on retail or on this server could not know every consequences of their changes. But one must try and experiments, right?
    I don't see the devs or even the staff to be sure about what they want this server to be. I can say what i'd like it to be though, for what i could have see myself.

13. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

Can you categorize the suggestions and put them into neutral wording? Makes it more appealing and easier to adapt as well as understandable even for someone that doesn't do their research. (Always do your research. For real.)

Also, differentiate between the explanation of the issue, suggestion and possible solutions. There is one issue, your suggestion but many solutions.

14. Bannan

Bannan Banned

HOW TO FIX LIFE SKILLS AND CRAFTING
    QUICK GUIDE BY BANNAN.
    [​IMG]

So, too OP? Guess what if ppl gonna abuse some things the price will eventually go down to the price "Before".
    Ppl gonna make profit out of life skills and everyone gonna be happy, just give us theese bloody shards and hards from grinding.
    ECONOMY OF THE SERVER GONNA SKYROCKET NO MORE EMPTY MARKETS NO MORE WHINING

Haiku90 likes this.
  15. Vampyrism

Vampyrism New Member

some good ideas, some impossible ones

in regards to the gathering thing from @Bannan .. magic/lucky tools don't work

Just use Improved tools from the merchant, double durability mainhands krea weapon, welfare or better life alchemy stone and get 5 gathering anyway possible... done

thats what i had my people start doing a while back, its in our resources and it yields ultimately better/same results as people who were killing themselves to make lucky shining steel or trying to buy magic pickaxes etc

Haiku90 likes this.
  16. Bannan

Bannan Banned

i mean, i had 5 gathering, +1 from armor +2 alch stone +2 worker elixir, and magic tool is -11 sec when shining is -10 ? :p
    My post wasn't about magic/lucky tools but about amount of sharps compared to hards ... :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  17. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

Thank you for the reply..
    Would you explain what's impossible for you and maybe why? Would help a lot, thanks.

18. Creepiepie

Creepiepie New Member

Just no.
    Some of us enjoy the natural progression, just at a higher rate.

I understand you want a fast-track pvp option, but this isn't it. Hopefully there will be a service for that sometime though!

19. Haiku90

Haiku90 New Member

...The more you talk (even on other threads), the more i think you are from another planet (or maybe an AI of some sort). But that's fine, a like aliens (usually).

Problems are basically that people, especially newcomers, find really hard and frustrating to reach even 400 gs.
    Causes are multiple.
    Given the fact that this server pretends to be a x10 (generally speaking) fast paced, PvP focused server, it's weirdly hard for players to reach PvP-able gear status, even harder then retail, for some reason.
    Players that come directly from retail are finding this REALLY strange and in most cases unacceptable (again, this is a multiplied modifier kind of server).
    For some reason we have x10 or x5 to almost everything but we have retail-like rng, especially in what concerns enhancing.

I hope this is clear, so far, and i hope this covers the "neutrality" issue too.

Solutions are virtually many. I just brainstormed some out of my mind. Technically speaking, i'd love someone else, more experienced than me, to explain what could be done and what should not be done and why.

20. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

It does. Thank you.

I am guessing you are talking about a players perspective. Will write a detailed paragraph once I find time to do so.

xtremetop100:
    EXP 500 Drop 500 High Rate Server, Free, No Pay2Win, Custom Features and Events, 24/7 Dedicated Server, Pearl Rewards, Long Term, Good Support, Join Now
    Topofgames: Same
    TopG: Same
    Ultimate private servers: Same

I do not see your generally speaking facts about a fast paced pvp focus server.

Why do we have no enchantment multiplier? Enchantment is at a rate where it doesn't go faster but is more bearable since the amount of needed materials drop more frequently, therefore the same rng is more forgivable due to the materials being obtainable more easily. The question I am having now is why. Why buff enchanting further? There is nothing wrong with the retail enchantment system. In fact, it is far superior to other mmos where you would need the same places for a certain gear type which then could also have random stats. Here you have access to everything on level 1 and can work directly on the equipment type you want to grow stronger with none repetitive activities.

I also like humans. Generally speaking fact that is.

Haiku90 likes this.