1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[ Important ] Changes in the NCsoft launcher

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smartik1, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecoderHex

DecoderHex Banned

I feel like even with aions major update loyal players will still stay here. Sure you may lose a bunch of people for a month or so, but as new things are released as far as private servers go players will flock back to gamez. Gotta love them high rates. Also with a bit of promoting during and after launch can get you people also.

Once the new client is released it will be much easier to make the server files compatible.

2. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

Does this have any connection to this issue im encountering.. Is it just me or ... well I just tried to open the gamez aion launcher and it takes ages to verify the files. Any thoughts? @Smartik1

3. DecoderHex

DecoderHex Banned

I'm not Smartik1, but if you play both retail and gamez off the same client files this may mess up your gamez client but if you made a copy of the aion folder for gamez and installed the launcher there it should have no affect on your gamez client is it giving any errors or is it just being very slow.

4. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

It is really slow and it doesn't open, i don't even receive any errors. Must be my computer's prob and not this... meh

5. DecoderHex

DecoderHex Banned

Maybe your computer has alot of registry errors look up CCleaner on google and run that it may clear something up. Unless its just an old pc or bad net connection.

6. archvanarl

archvanarl we can play offline!!!

Beryl State, Sunset Coast village, Esate no. 5
    HOw will i update my aion to 4.0 byt the time it will reach gamez? coz i just have a copy folder of the aion 3.7 from other PC and as i downloaded the new launcher it confuse me so much unlike the old launcher that i just need to locate the path of the directory of the aion.

7. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

Try load the Aion website, otherwise could be server sided issues if more people get it at the same time. I would say try again later and see what happens. The gamez launcher works with the new NCsoft launcher as well as the old one that they basically killed off. I am sure a lot more people would complain if it had something to do with the NCsoft launcher since everyone here has one of the versions.

Well I just did a lot of testing atm since the new launcher is chaotic as hell. I also have 1 retail and 1 gamez client but listen to this:

1. In regedit, if you locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCsoft\Aion\ there is an installpath value that leads to C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\Download (or Download\AION, I changed it already but still). The new launcher just made empty folders there for no reason. Changing this value does absolutely nothing. It was detecting my client in C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion already anyway
    2. There is a NClauncher.ini file where the launcher is installed, which is the only way of "changing" the installpath of your Aion client. You can no longer change it from within the launcher, it is not editable so you can't browse for your client. Either way, it is just a visual thing, it does absolutely nothing in terms of where it loads your client from

After a lot of experimenting I found 1 funny thing. Regardless of how many clients you have or where they are, it always detects the one with only "Aion" as the folder name. My gamez one was "Aion Gamez" and no matter how much I changed the filepaths, it wouldn't locate it. So I did something so...basic. I renamed my retail one to "Aion retail" and gamez one to "Aion" and boom, launcher said updates needed.

So yea there you have it. If you want to update your other clients, just rename them so their folder name says "Aion", then the new launcher will see them. Do know that you have to kill the "NCSOFT Update Helper" process to be able to rename since it keeps one of the folders in use while it is running.

8. DecoderHex

DecoderHex Banned

I can always compress my cliend and upload it someplace its a clean version with gamez launcher installed on it

9. Smartik1

Will see how complex 4.0 is to downgrade since the client is already very compressed (pak files are archives) and it won't get much smaller. People don't really wanna download over 17gb of data. They will also most likely wanna make their own official copy since they don't trust people. At some point some guy made a torrent with a speedhack embeded inside etc xd

Thanks though

10. Hatenheis

Hatenheis New Member

It seems i chose a bad timing to start playing some Aion :s

Since this is all pretty confusing to me: Is there actually a way to get to play Aion on this server if you do not have any Aion or NC Soft Launcher files installed?

tia

11. Potato

Potato Banned

you're just making fun of ph -.-

12. Smartik1

NCsoft screwed up the first day, they actually apologized and gave people items in a survey ingame. The new launcher works properly now so just install it and download aion through it.

I would recommend turning off NCSOFT Update Helper as a startup so it doesn't update your client automatically when retail goes 4.0

1 person likes this.
  13. Bordy

Bordy i am chilleriest Forum Legend

read again, i think he meant it the opposite way..he is actually boasting and boosting PH servers..

14. Hatenheis

Hatenheis New Member

I know my connection isn't the best, but this is ridiculous.
    I've been updating the launcher for hours now and it made close to no progress.
    I just hope im not supposed to select "File Repair" before doing what im doing... that would be so much time wasted. D:

Just asking... does anyone know how much i have to download? Just a rough estimate? From what I've read so far it should be around 15GB?

15. persia31

persia31 Getting there

4.0 is coming ABG will become worthless

16. Smartik1

Retail is planning to lower ABG cost quite a bit, ABG and all abyss armor 55 and lower. It might become a new base armor for people to start with, though nobody has any gold medals xd Without medal exchange it won't even be worth it.

17. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

on gamez i have about 20k gold medals sitting in my wh lol even more silver so .....bring it on XD.

18. Isin

Isin Zerg me plox Forum Legend

you wont use it anyways

19. Cerial

Cerial Game Over

so buy me some ethan.

20. Smartik1

Oh wait abg was plats right? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.