1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Info on Investing Node and its effects on Server drop rates

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Cr0we, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Cr0we

Cr0we New Member

Does anyone have any concrete info about investing on nodes and how it affects the boosted server drop rate? Would be nice if a gm responds to to this <3

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

It works as intended, just like retail. You may not see a big difference since the server drop rate is high.
    So we have 1000% drop rate, adding + 20% (full node) would be 1020%, and those 20% won't make you notice a big difference.
    Even if it was decreased (lets say 980%) you wouldn't notice.
    But yes, it works.

3. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

Why dont you guys make the server 10x instead of giving 1000% buffs? so the loot scroll and node investment actually make difference?
    Wouldn't it be nice? UwU

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  4. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

You made me curious.
    Why do you prefer 10x server instead of 1000% buffs?

5. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

10x = 1000%
    What I'm asking is, if it would be possible to make the whole server 10x(1000%) instead of we having the drop buffs. That would make things more accurate, such as Kolka multiplying the required number of Black Stones to exchange for (+30) Advice of Valks by 10.
    And if we had a 10x server, the loot scrolls, node investment, tent buff, etc would make a HUGE difference. For example: if the server was 10x the loot scrolls instead of giving +100% drop rate resulting in 1100% of the base drop chance, it would be 2000%.

6. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

Thanks for the clarification.
    In fact, with such solutions, the investment in knots, tents and buffs would make a significant difference.
    But do we really need such a rush:)?

7. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

I mean it would only make sense, as some drops rates are already lowered here, such as elvia weapons, scrolls, etc. So having a 10x server would help everyone, including the market.

8. Jujuba

First of all, there's no lowered drop around here, we don't edit things like you think and it's not that easy. Some information are hard coded into the client and can't be changed. Remember that at the end it all boils down to RNG.
    1000% already shows a big difference between here and retail, you may check the market. Imagine being 2000% or more with extra buffs? Makes no sense.
    BDO wasn't designed to be easy, but to reward players as they invest time and gain knowledge.
    Also, GameZBD goal isn't to make an easy pserver in which you're going to hit end game in 7 days (which is almost possible here).

marsseven likes this.
  9. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

I never said I wanted things to go easy, what I think would be good for the market is if more accessories could drop, so people would have more places to grind instead of hadum (that does not contribute for the market and only inflates our silver), and yeah some drops are lowered, just compare hadum when it came out the number of weapons you'd get in one hour back when weapons weren't working, you'd get lots per hour. Ancient scrolls you'd get lots per hour on pila ku and they nerfed it as well.
    And FYI I'm 720 gs, I don't need those changes for me, that's is something that I was considering for the new players, and WTF end game in 7 days? lmao.
    All I meant to say is that also there is no reason to 10x the number of black stones used to exchange for advice of valks when the server per se is not 10x

10. Jujuba

I think you did, but I never implied that. Accessories do drop... I think you just got bad luck. You know that the current situation of our market is directly related to our high drop rates, right? You know what would be good to the market? If players stopped trying to manipulating everything instead of just playing the game. Market has been remodeled for many reasons, nowadays what players do? They manipulate the market. I mean, if it's already a bad thing on retail with 1x, imagine here with 10x? The higher the drop rate, the lower will be items price. It's a simple supply and demand equation.
    About Hadum Weapons, I know what you're talking about and, again, that's not correct. Yes, you saw Hadum Weapons dropping like crazy when it was implemented, however, you should also remember that this happened because our Dev Team implemented it with the drop rate of our test server, which was like 100x.
    (PS: Hadum Weapons has been changed to be buffs instead and we'll get this update in the future.)
    About grinding and such, let's not forget about the implemention of AP Caps, which wasn't working as intended before the fix, that's why we were used to see end game players on early game spots. So backing you up, it was not fair to new players and so it got fixed.
    I can understand and relate to your frustration regarding the amount of stones we have to give in order to get an advice of valks, however, nobody said it was our final decision, everything can be tweaked or fixed if needed, as it has been. Which is not the case of our rates, if anything, I think it should be decreased. That way players would really spot the differences.

LegendaryN and marsseven like this.