1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Issues with Launching

Discussion in 'Problems' started by foxgloves, Jul 23, 2020.

1. foxgloves

foxgloves New Member

i wasn't really paying that much attention but upon googling it is in fact xigncode3.
    my paz folder is 36.0 gb and the bin64 folder is 121 mb

2. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

I'm honestly at a lost. Whats your ISP? Whats your dl speed looking like? Are you on wifi or wired connection? Are your network drivers up to date? Do you use a proxy? Have you turned your proxy on/off? Can you test and see if you can use it on a different computer?

Edit: Wait. Paz is 36.6 for me. There might be something up with that folder.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. foxgloves

foxgloves New Member

my ISP is comcast/xfinity. my dl speed is 600 mbps. i use an ethernet cable to connect to the internet directly from my router/modem. my network drivers are up to date as far as i know?
    i don't use a proxy(?), i don't really even know what that is. i have a shitty laptop i could try running bdo on. i'll get back to you on that.

after force checking my files, my paz folder is still 36.0 gb. i'm using the downloaded client version linked to me earlier by loboram. should i compress the folder and upload it to a google drive or something for y'all to check out?

edit: okay, wait. so i just deleted everything started over, and extracted the files from the 7zip. currently my paz folder(with a capital P, Paz) is at 36.5 gb.

additional note: so i force checked again, Paz folder is still at 36.5gb, and i figured i should mention this. every time i've tried to launch the game, after the initial error window pops up, the launcher minimizes to my tray. after a while of not doing anything(because clicking on the launcher icon in the tray does nothing), a window pops up that says 'can't find running client. try start game again.' then the launcher pops back up.

clienterror.png

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hmmm, well I haven't had any issues with downloading the alternate link as a Torrent. It downloads quite quickly and all is there, seems weird that there is a problem with any of the other ways to install. If you want to download a torrent file, I suggest you use Tixati as a torrent client, it is just a really basic and useful program for torrents.

The thing that the other person has pointed out now, seems that it has something to do with the GamezBD+GameGuard software. All I know about that is that running a third-party anti-virus program other than Windows 10 Defender, can negatively impact the GamezBD code, Even when you "turn it off". Kolka himself said that you would have to uninstall the anti-virus program altogether and restart in order to remove its effect on the Operating System.

Hmmm, what else...If you download the GamezBD-game-version, and then put it into a different drive than the OS, that could help, also not to place the GamezBD-Launcher into the same folder as the game files.

Hopefully you will have found a way to contact Kolka by now, either through the Telegram application, or through the forum Conversation option. He should be the most qualified to help you out.

5. Arivileth

Arivileth New Member

Hello, i've had the same issue as you with my gamezbd i tried everything you did and more. i clean reinstalled it 3 times but still got same result, best was the game would launch for 20 seconds then crash. after a week of trial and error i was on the edge of giving up but then i changed the client compatibility (bin64 > BlackDesert64.exe) to run as compatible with windows 7 and my game worked fine, i was going nuts cause the fix was that simple.

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@foxgloves did the supplied solution work for your problem or have you found another solution yet?