1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Location suggestion.

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by Fantaros, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caramel

Caramel Getting there

Location on LFG is apparently one of the reason why there is a zerg. :p

2. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

+1 on this

3. Sweetpoison

Sweetpoison Allergic to Idiots

To sum it up, this suggestion may sound good but we all know this will never happen. Disabling the location feature in any channel won't stop people from posting locations of elyos/asmodians in the map. It has been pointed out before already. Anyone can simply type the name of any location (Group of Asmos near Arbolus, 10 Elyos officers outside Besfer Refugee Camp) in LFG channel.

And just because only the VIPs can have this feature (if they even decide to allow this) doesn't mean it's gonna lessen the number of people spamming locations in any channel. This is just gonna cause more mayhem. It's always possible to have a VIP friend/legion mate/group mate and it's that easy to ask them to post the location for you in any given channel.

And your suggestion about only letting people use the trade channel if they are in Sanctum/Pandaemonium is just horrible in my honest opinion. I try to post whatever items I need to trade whenever I need to. Whether I'm farming/mentoring (which is usually in Gelkmaros) or PVPing. Can you seriously imagine yourself sitting in Pandaemonium for 4 hours just so you can post in trade channel? I doubt it.

I'm just saying.

Would love to see this thread closed. Thank you.

4. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

Sadly, this suggestion is just not right. To either remove Location links from LFG or to make those channels available only to VIP's would mean to take away so much from the game. The location links are used for a lot more than zerging. I personally use them to ask for help in forts, since it seems like a lot of players just don't know the names of forts or their locations.

Making LFG for VIP's only is just a step towards making killing this server. A better suggestion IMO would be to limit the amount of times a player can use LFG per hour unless they get a premium/VIP account, but it still is removing something essential from the game.

As much as it would be nice to not have people use this as a hive mind channel, it is part of the game, and was it not for that feature, a lot of things just wouldn't be fair. Think about this, for example: A group of players using a VoIP program have coordinated themselves to form an alliance of death, and they will block the entrance to Silentera Canyon. The other players, not knowing this, go into the entrance only to get killed. If LFG wasn't available for non-VIPs, the group of players using the VoIP program would have such an advantage over the rest of the players that they would be sitting there farming AP for quite a while, before a group of players big enough to face them was arranged.

LFG is a necessary evil~

5. Naj

Naj In-Game Reports bystander

NO !

I'm not VIP :(

6. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

it's a suggestion you know.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.